Shoko: VN Composer

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Shoko
Regular
Soundcloud: shokomusic

Shoko: VN Composer

#1 Post by Shoko »

Hi! I'm Shoko, a composer who makes music for visual novels, games, animations and more.

I love music and visual novels, so naturally I want to combine the two here and offer my services to create a custom soundtrack to compliment the characters and story of your VN!

As a veteran visual novel player, I know the specific challenges that come with composing for the medium, and encourage as much dialogue with the creators as needed to sync the soundtrack with the creator's intentions.

Music:
So what's my music like? Take a listen!

Here's a sampler of tracks I've made specifically for visual novels.

All payment is done through Paypal. My process is: we talk about what tracks you want, I send you a prototype of the track and touch base. Then the high-quality .wav and any other file format you desire is sent in exchange for payment.

My rates:
$100 for tracks at or under two minutes.
$50 for every extra minute.

Discount
I'm also offering discounts for those who order large amounts of tracks.
10 tracks — 10% off.
20 tracks — 20% off.
30 tracks — 30% off.

If you're a free project, don't hesitate to contact me either. If the idea catches my eye I'd probably like to contribute.

Private message me, email me at mysterybroadcasts@gmail.com or post here if you're interested. Thanks for your time!
Last edited by Shoko on Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:58 am, edited 21 times in total.

danpc
Projects: Project Lucid9

Re: Shoko: VN Composer (FREE)

#2 Post by danpc »

PM sent :)

peppermintdragon

#3 Post by peppermintdragon »

Love the music you made!! I wonder if you able to do mystery and comedy background music . :D

I just started my VN, hopefully you still available when my VN almost done . Good job on the music!
My WIP project: Hallow Mystery.
Check it out!
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=26120

kikcac

#4 Post by kikcac »

Sounds very interesting, I'm planning on making a project and will probably need your help then.
So you're willing to make a whole soundtrack for a VN? Hm, how many songs are you willing to make?

Shoko
Regular

#5 Post by Shoko »

peppermintdragon wrote:Love the music you made!! I wonder if you able to do mystery and comedy background music . :D

I just started my VN, hopefully you still available when my VN almost done . Good job on the music!
Thanks so much! I'd definitely be able to do mystery and comedy themed tracks. Expressing mysterious feelings through music is one of my favorite things to hear and do.
kikcac wrote:Sounds very interesting, I'm planning on making a project and will probably need your help then.
So you're willing to make a whole soundtrack for a VN? Hm, how many songs are you willing to make?
Assuming something hasn't come up at the time, yeah a full soundtrack would be fine. I don't have a limit on the amount either.

Carrogath
Regular
Completed: Basiliska, Green Eyed Monster
Tumblr: carrogath

#6 Post by Carrogath »

For free? Wow, dang, I'll have to hit you up sometime. Hopefully you won't be booked a couple months from now when I'll actually have a better idea of what to ask for; I just started a new project and it'd be great if I could get a custom soundtrack for it.

wifom
Regular

Re: Shoko: VN Composer

#7 Post by wifom »

Oh wow! Your rates are absolutely amazing and the quality is fantastic too!

Best of luck. c:

Shoko
Regular

#8 Post by Shoko »

wifom wrote:Oh wow! Your rates are absolutely amazing and the quality is fantastic too!

Best of luck. c:
Thanks a lot! :D

demonicbagel
Regular
Projects: The Flower Girl, The Cycle of Magic: Zevair's Tale

#9 Post by demonicbagel »

I am definitely going to hire you to compose for my Visual Novel: Our Healing Hearts, once I am at a stage I feel comfortable working on getting Music. Look forward to it :) I know I will.

Shoko
Regular

#10 Post by Shoko »

demonicbagel wrote:I am definitely going to hire you to compose for my Visual Novel: Our Healing Hearts, once I am at a stage I feel comfortable working on getting Music. Look forward to it :) I know I will.
Lol good to know! Your VN has an interesting premise I'd enjoy composing to. :D Feel free to PM me whenever you're comfortable.

RotGtIE
Veteran

#11 Post by RotGtIE »

Just dropping in to say I've got my eye on you. It will take some more time before my script is far enough along for me to officially launch the recruitment and production phase, but I like your work and I'll likely be dropping you a line when I'm ready.

Shoko
Regular

#12 Post by Shoko »

Hello everyone! After taking a break from commissioning and letting this topic fade into obscurity for a while, I'm proud to announce I'm now available to commission again! I've updated the main post on my current rates and updated the visual novel sampler with newer tracks. I'm looking forward to contributing to some amazing projects again!