Hotspots and/or Image maps

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Becky

Hotspots and/or Image maps

#1 Post by Becky »

Hi all, Ive recently started using Ren'Py after 5 or 6 months due computer and health issues and back then I had worked hotspots out. Now Ive got the latest Ren'py and because a lot of things have changed I am unsure if that is my issue. Going through here and google Ive wound up this.

Code: Select all

screen kitchen:
    imagemap:
        ground "kitchen_ground"
        hover "kitchen_hover"
        hotspot (219, 75, 143, 96) clicked "jump map"
Now before I got to that result I got indentation errors, expect errors, not a something error, need more coffee error (oops that was me) which is fantastic, I love errors, gives me something to work with. Issue is now I am getting nothing, Ren'Py is ignoring it just like the #notes. Does not matter where I put the code, I get no dodgy image or the hotspot. Anyone know why? (please)

Edit - This question is null and void, Ive worked out how to do it, Ive just got it displaying in the wrong spot atm and I am unsure how I got it to work. Its near midnight my time and I need zzzz soon. Tomorrow my time I'll post my findings in case someone else ever reads this.

Gushi
Projects: Project 4th Wall
itch: https://umberbridge.

Re: Hotspots and/or Image maps

#2 Post by Gushi »

You didn't put your quotation marks In the right place and didn't tell the hotspot to jump to the place you wanted it to.

Code: Select all

screen kitchen:
    imagemap:
        ground "kitchen_ground"
        hover "kitchen_hover"
        hotspot (219, 75, 143, 96) action Jump ('map') ## It should look like this
I personally use 'action' rather than 'clicked' but I think 'clicked' works too.

hope this helped ^^