Character Artist {OPEN}

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Remnantation
Deviantart: Remnantation

Character Artist {OPEN}

#1 Post by Remnantation »

UPDATE: 4/30/23
- I was kept busy and then I took a nice break, but I'm reopening commissions. For a full look at my portfolio, check out my website at: https://www.remnantation.com/

If you have any questions, shoot me a message!

---------------------------

Hello!
I am an artist for hire. I have experience doing VN Sprites and CGs for several projects over the last few years, some of which have since published demos to itch such as Stellar Renegades, One To Three: Sovereignty, Garden of Seif, and Sweet As Magic. I occasionally post work on Twitter (as well as retweet creator's progress) which can be found here: https://twitter.com/remnantation

My strengths are cel-shaded sprites and CGs, the style of which can range between anime to something a little more realistically-proportioned depending on preferences and art direction. I like to know about your project and get to know the characters I illustrate. Let's be excited about it together! I'm flexible with communication (email or discord seems to be the go-to, and I'm available by either) and showing my processes to get approval. I don't have a fee for adjustments at the sketch stage, as I want you to be happy with the art you get. I also like to try and make each project look relatively unique, and I enjoy trying out new things and styles!

I send invoices and take payment through Paypal, specifically in USD. Payment comes first - then I begin work very quickly. I usually have each step within days of each other (Occasionally faster if you are also responsive). I can also supply the finished, well-organized PSD and a sprite sheet or a print-quality PNG for the CGs.

Sprite pricing can vary a little by project but for an outline with cel-shading:
Bust: 30$
Hip/half-body: 60$
Full body: 90$
---Pose Modification, such as an arm or leg position, is between 20$-30$ depending on sprite length. Additional outfits are 10$-40$ depending on sprite length. And additional hairstyles are 20$.
---I can also do partials - such as sketches or line-work.

CGs begin at base sprite prices and go up depending on character count, background needs, and complexity.

WILL/WON'T:
The few things I put off-limits include anthropomorphic and fetish art. I can do LGBTQ+, nudity, mechanical, ect. If you're not sure, please feel free to ask.

For all art, it is done for the commissioner and not to be resold. My requirements are credit and the right to display the art in a portfolio, but not to be resold without the original commissioner's permission. They can be used for free or commercial projects, but do not come with the right to use them to create merchandise (This would be a separate, discussed agreement). These are also to be used for single projects only - please speak to me first if you would like to reuse any assets I create for you in additional or alternate projects.

If you're interested or want to open negotiations, let me know! Lemmasoft has troubles notifying me of PMs, so please either send an email to Remnantation@gmail.com or contact me through discord: Remnantation#8758
Attachments
Stage Example: Sketch, Lined, Base Colored, Shaded
Stage Example: Sketch, Lined, Base Colored, Shaded
Last edited by Remnantation on Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:13 pm, edited 14 times in total.

MiracleCatZ
Projects: pawZ
Organization: MiracleCatZ

Re: Character Artist {OPEN}

#2 Post by MiracleCatZ »

I am highly interested in your work please pm so we can work something out for a project of mine!!!

nanna4673
Regular
Completed: A Question Of Normalcy
Projects: Magari
Tumblr: Kajilia
Deviantart: ferris4673
itch: nanna4673

#3 Post by nanna4673 »

Hello! I'm looking for a single CG for my NaNoReNo project, is that something we could negotiate?^^
Finished projects:
A Question Of Normalcy - Contemporary VN, NaNoReno 2017: https://nanna4673.itch.io/a-question-of-normalcy

Magari - Contemporary, Slice of life, Romance VN for NaNoRenO 2019: https://nanna4673.itch.io/magari

Older projects:
19 Hours - Experimental, psychological VN: http://nanna4673.itch.io/19-hours

Choice - Short visual novel for NaNoRenO 2015: http://nanna4673.itch.io/choice

Dreamcatcher - Supernatural, psychological, mystery VN: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=39810

Remnantation

#4 Post by Remnantation »

Here's an update now that I've finished a few commissions! I've also updated the original thread with a little more information.
Attachments
Lias Ariel Love Knot CP.jpg
Faas Reunion CP.jpg
Astarota Sprite CP2.jpg
Astarota Sprite CP.jpg
Pik CP.jpg
Leland CP.jpg
Last edited by Remnantation on Thu May 30, 2019 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

EVƎ

#5 Post by EVƎ »

Wonderful artist! Efficient, great to work with, and gives progress every step of the way. I’m currently commissioning them for a small project and I can’t recommend them enough.

Preseva
Regular
Projects: The Miller's Daughter

#6 Post by Preseva »

I already had a character artist for my game, but I hired Remnantation as an art editor to really push up the quality of the sprites and polish them, and it's been one of the best decisions I've made for the game. She has an advanced understanding of draping and the finer points of anatomy, and crisp and beautiful line work. She's offered detailed, insightful workshop-style critique and feedback on drawings as well as general art advice along with corrections. She really goes above and beyond in everything she does. I can confirm that her turn around is fast and consistent and she cares about getting it right for the client.

Remnantation

#7 Post by Remnantation »

Thanks a bunch to both of you!

Duchess
Regular
Projects: Garden of Seif; Old Lucid9 Creative; Content Writer for VN Game Den
Organization: Foxdrift Studios
itch: foxdrift-studios

#8 Post by Duchess »

I couldn't be happier with Remnantation. Her delivery time is incredibly fast. I've had issues with other artists not giving progress updates, making it difficult to make changes. But with Remnantation, she gives progress updates every step of the way, making sure she's meeting my vision. And she's far exceeded that. I'm so happy to see my characters to come to life. Her art is gorgeous, polished, and overall I'm very pleased.
Duchess aka Suna back in the olden days.
https://foxdrift-studios.itch.io/garden-of-seif Just Making a visual novel about romance, assassins, a badass MC, and an anti-fairy godmother.

Remnantation

#9 Post by Remnantation »

Thank you!

Widdershins
Regular
Completed: Burdock
Projects: Bright Oak
Organization: Butterfly Rocket Studios
Tumblr: brightoakgame
itch: ButterflyRocket
Discord: Widdershins_Writes

#10 Post by Widdershins »

I commissioned Remnantation for character sketches and line art, and cannot recommend her enough! Her work is consistently high quality, and almost preternaturally fast; her communication is responsive, knowledgeable, and accommodating. She handles tricky postures and nuanced expressions with aplomb, and she cares about representing the characters as individuals, imbuing sprites with a sense of movement and life. She's a delight to communicate with, and I'd commission her again in a heartbeat-- her stellar artwork and terrific attitude both regularly defied my expectations. Highly, highly recommend working with her!
ImageImage
Follow Bright Oak's progress on Itch ✨ Tumblr

Remnantation

#11 Post by Remnantation »

@Widdershins
Thank you very much! It's been a great pleasure working with you!

Remnantation

#12 Post by Remnantation »

I've agreed not to show much of my recent commissions yet, so here's an update of what I can show and some other recent artwork!

Just recently finished most of my recent batch, so if you're interested, shoot me an email! Currently, I'm particularly interested in sketches and/or lines, and maybe something more specifically anime since some of my recents were not, but all of it is still open!
Attachments
GG E.jpg
V E.jpg
Nubbs Father.jpg
Gear Mysti Forehead E.jpg
BR E.jpg
Last edited by Remnantation on Thu May 30, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Remnantation

#13 Post by Remnantation »

Just a couple additions. Don't want to add too many, so it's a small look at recent projects!
Attachments
Rory Doodles LS.jpg
S LS.jpg
Ren Process LS.jpg
LWWIII Modern Doodles LS.jpg
Odel Outfits LS.jpg
Liv Outfits LS.jpg

Remnantation

#14 Post by Remnantation »

These are just a couple of sprites done recently. More found at my artstation: https://www.artstation.com/remnantation
Attachments
Ryuu FIN WM.jpg
Isaac Sketchs WM.jpg
MC P1 Sprite Sheet NWM.jpg
Last edited by Remnantation on Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Remnantation

#15 Post by Remnantation »

(Please ignore, mistakes were made)