layeredimage doesn't work

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Meinos Kaen
Regular
Completed: JPDE - Sonata of Fire
Projects: JPDE, Ars Oratoria, ONHA

layeredimage doesn't work

#1 Post by Meinos Kaen »

Hello and a good evening from Italy. This may seem like a noob question but I just discovered the layeredimage function and I wanted to play around with it...

Except it doesn't work. And by that I mean that it doesn't turn orange. 'layeredimage' doesn't register as a function, for some reason. My version is 7.10 and I've literally tried defining them in the base version of a new Renpy project. Anyone else had this problem?

TakeHomeTheCup

Re: layeredimage doesn't work

#2 Post by TakeHomeTheCup »

I'm using layeredimage and it works. I'm also using 7.1.0. Whether it turns orange or not is dependent on your code editor.
Anyway, it would be helpful if you posted the code you wrote using layeredimage. Also, when you run the game, do any errors pop up?

Meinos Kaen
Regular
Completed: JPDE - Sonata of Fire
Projects: JPDE, Ars Oratoria, ONHA

Re: layeredimage doesn't work

#3 Post by Meinos Kaen »

TakeHomeTheCup wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:17 pm I'm using layeredimage and it works. I'm also using 7.1.0. Whether it turns orange or not is dependent on your code editor.
Anyway, it would be helpful if you posted the code you wrote using layeredimage. Also, when you run the game, do any errors pop up?
... so, it works. It's just that my text editor didn't recognize it as working but Renpy did. Nevermind. It was indeed a noob question. O_O