What got you into VN?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
risingbamboobanana
Regular
Projects: On hold, sharpening skills.

Re: What got you into VN?

#31 Post by risingbamboobanana »

Microsoft PowerPoint. quite sadly. i used to go quite crazy on that program for school presentations.

although what really got me into VNs as a reader/player/spectator was Air and Narcissu. insani OTL!
A little birdy in the sky
Dropped a poopie in my eye
I did not scream, I did not cry
But thanked the Lord that cows don't fly!

zephiel
Regular

#32 Post by zephiel »

umm, ilike to read, my first Vn is Tsukihime...and i loved it so much........a frind gave it to me.............and now im here..
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
......................ZZZ
.................ZZZ zuu, zenthosa nara verr nehi zunu.
.............ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#33 Post by DaFool »

bloodywyvern wrote:Hm, well I have to say my very first visual novel was Ori, Ochi, Onoe. I came across it randomly at some point (had no idea where it came from either) and just played through it ending after ending. I think I missed one or two at that point though...

I enjoyed it immensely and it was a great game to peak my interest. Despite that I still had no idea about the actual genre, while I had played more, to me they were just another form of games. From there I moved on to Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime...and well...after you play those it's kind of hard -not- to love visual novels. That's how I got to my current addiction, my next goal, Kanon.
That's interesting... usually it should be the other way around in terms of progression of interest. That's one more point for the OEL vs JL.