Female, or male?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.

Are you male or female?

Male
57%
Female
43%

Total votes: 130

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re:

#61 Post by LVUER »

PyTom wrote:
ShiraiJunichi wrote:I know exactly what you mean. After meeting PyTom, I no longer use someone's avatar to determine gender O_o
I thought the rule on this forum is simple. A person is of the opposite gender as their avatar.
I completely agree. Not only in this forum. In any online games (like MMORPG), the gender of the characters are the opposite of the users ^_^

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: Female, or male?

#62 Post by papillon »

*blinks in confusion* I think this poll got messed up by a board upgrade at some point... as it seems to be saying I voted for the wrong option...

but then I guess that sort of thing can happen when someone digs up long-dead threads...

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#63 Post by azureXtwilight »

Cybeat wrote:
Hime wrote:
Cybeat wrote:I'm a g..g..g..guy. Pretty obvious. For some reason, when I talk to a user, I feel like I'm talking to their avatar.
I've seen many people that think like that, and even I myself do it at times. You're red haired in my mind. ^^; Though, ehe, in some cases, that might be not too far from the truth. Since mine is a self portait of sorts. :D People who know me in real life have even said that it looks like me...
Haha. I'm assuming you're a lady with brown hair and glasses. Actually, my avatar looks nothing like me. It's a character for another game I'll be creating sometime. Keep thinking I'm red-haired, I like it better that way.
@Cybeat = me too, same as Hime, you know. Wkwkwkwkwk. I always imagine people the same with their avatars. Until I know some a bit of the truth. (And my avatar looks like me too) AYAYAY

@LVUER = Hehe, good fill-in. Next time I'll be careful. Don't wanna bump to a homo.

@Vatina = Sometimes I blame myself for NOT joining earlier and missed the topics I like!

honoreixix
Regular

#64 Post by honoreixix »

gah~! too bad i don't look as good as my avatar though...xD
I'm hidden and no one expects much of me... I just hope I don't disappoint anyone...
I'd rather fail doing something I love than succeed doing something I hate...

maselphie
Regular
Projects: By The Lake, Seraphine

#65 Post by maselphie »

I agree with avatars representing the wearer. They become a very big icon for a person, especially if they keep it for a long time. I used to wear a lot of Ayumi Hamasaki avatars, and even I started to think I was her! Haha. I still feel odd wearing a man as an avatar (no matter how cute they are), because I don't feel it represents me.
I have switched accounts to Aleema.

Urobeat

#66 Post by Urobeat »

I always assumed the avatar had to be something related to the person (because they went through the effort to find the pic they wanted) :shock:

LVUER
King of Lolies

#67 Post by LVUER »

Urobeat wrote:I always assumed the avatar had to be something related to the person (because they went through the effort to find the pic they wanted) :shock:
Have to agree with that. I think no matter what, avatar has connection/resemblances with the user (even if it's just a tiny bit)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#68 Post by azureXtwilight »

Urobeat wrote:I always assumed the avatar had to be something related to the person (because they went through the effort to find the pic they wanted) :shock:
Yeah, I remember searching through photobucket to find an avatar that looks like me!
Now my hair is much longer than my avatar when I found it first!
:lol:

So here I made a change!
Here's THE REAL me!!!!
Gyahahahahahahahahaha!!! :lol:

luminarious
Veteran
Projects: Winter, winter

#69 Post by luminarious »

Hmm.. I've never been fond of using obviously male or female characters, using mostly abstract or non-gender-specicific avatars.. Does that make me subconciously gender-confused? :lol:

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#70 Post by Vatina »

Hmm I usually use female avatars, although I also use male ones from time to time. On another forum I have Lulu from Code Geass with a manic grin on his face <_<;;
On creative forums like this I like to use avatars that I drew myself though :)

(And yes, I also tend to identify people with their avatars. Sometimes I can get really confused when people change their avatar :P I guess that sometimes I look at the avatar before I even look at the name of the poster, without thinking about it. For a long time, Mikey was a crab inside my head.)

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#71 Post by monele »

Vatina wrote:For a long time, Mikey was a crab inside my head.)
And now he's a red car, vroom~ :D. And I'm still a neko boy nibbling a pencil. I'm among those who can't help but think avatar=person, too ^^;

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#72 Post by Samu-kun »

I guess I act like Tsukasa from time to time in real life. XD I can so see something like the cellphone incident or the bug crawlling out of the seashell happening to me. It's a good thing my cellphone number's really easy to memorize, since the last three numbers are all the same. ^_^

LVUER
King of Lolies

#73 Post by LVUER »

Vatina wrote:Hmm I usually use female avatars, although I also use male ones from time to time. On another forum I have Lulu from Code Geass with a manic grin on his face <_<;;
On creative forums like this I like to use avatars that I drew myself though :)

(And yes, I also tend to identify people with their avatars. Sometimes I can get really confused when people change their avatar :P I guess that sometimes I look at the avatar before I even look at the name of the poster, without thinking about it. For a long time, Mikey was a crab inside my head.)
Although I realize the fact that most of the avatar are the opposite gender of the user, I still unconsciously thinking that Samu-kun is a klutz cute little girl, PyTom is an elegant woman, papilon is a shot-haired tomboyish girl (oh, wait, papilon is indeed a girl). Oh well...

Scout
Veteran
Projects: A Princess of Venus

#74 Post by Scout »

Similarly, I always assume that people who don't have avatars are just faceless masses and it really breaks up the association.

It's very odd when you think about it. I certainly don't have any problem with written books, but when you expect a visual representation and don't get one on forums, my mind tends to gloss over it entirely.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#75 Post by LVUER »

Scout wrote:Similarly, I always assume that people who don't have avatars are just faceless masses and it really breaks up the association.
Ouch...!