LF - Artists for CGs/Sprites/BG (18+/BL) FOUND THANKS

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
silverateliergames
Regular

LF - Artists for CGs/Sprites/BG (18+/BL) FOUND THANKS

#1 Post by silverateliergames »

Hello there! ^^ I'm looking for multiple artists to do all the CGs/Sprites/BGs for my visual novel in the works - Portrait of You. The VN's theme revolves heavily around contemporary art and the nature of beauty. This is for the full game as the demo assets are more or less done. I will share more details upon enquiry.

You can reach me via email at thesnowpriestess [at] gmail.com or Discord, Silver#2339 (faster response). On the latter, please identify yourself as I will delete requests without introductions, thinking it is spam. ^^;

Thanks for reading and hope to hear from soon!
Last edited by silverateliergames on Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

kirlySenpai
Regular
Deviantart: lakirly
itch: lakirly

Re: LF - One artist for CGs/Sprites/BG (18+/BL)

#2 Post by kirlySenpai »

I recommend that you put reference images for the game environment.
I also recommend that you look for several artists, since it is always difficult to find one that does everything and is more expensive.

Daphinteresting
Regular
Projects: Panzermadels, Quest Failed, Acquittal: Induction and more!
Deviantart: DaphInteresting

#3 Post by Daphinteresting »

I can agree with @kirlySenpai. Not only do you face those issues, but also if you're trying to get the game out in a sufficient time, it won't be easy on that one artist to do that. Unless the game is a small game with not that much art assets needed, it may can work out more smoothly then. But if it's a big game, I can see it being rather difficult on that one artist to have to handle 'all' the art assets, which it could even likely lead them to become burned out. x-x

Nonetheless, I would have applied to this as I do have good amount of experience on working with character work like sprites, but sadly I can't be responsible for doing CGs and BGs on top of that. :/ It more so being for me that I'm not that skilled in those areas to handle them anyway haha. ^^;

csky
Regular
Completed: Perceptions of the Dead, Embers of Magic
Projects: Various Commissioned Artwork

#4 Post by csky »

I would like to apply but doing all the art is not feasible for me. I would be happy to do either backgrounds alone or sprites/CGs alone. I will apply if I hear an update of reconsideration.

silverateliergames
Regular

Re: LF - Artists for CGs/Sprites/BG (18+/BL)

#5 Post by silverateliergames »

@kirlySenpai @Daphinteresting

Thanks for the feedback! ^^ I'm still kinda new to this and appreciate the feedback given! I've edited my post to make it more feasible. :)

@csky

Have edited my post! ^^

Daphinteresting
Regular
Projects: Panzermadels, Quest Failed, Acquittal: Induction and more!
Deviantart: DaphInteresting

Re: LF - Artists for CGs/Sprites/BG (18+/BL)

#6 Post by Daphinteresting »

No problem. Glad to be of help!

* By the way, I sent over an email now on applying hehe. :)