Background Artist needed for otome game

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
zephiel
Regular

Re: Background Artist needed for otome game

#16 Post by zephiel »

i have deep paint 2d, 4 years ago, this was a 300 some what usd program, now its discontinued be cause a newer one is out.,
but all is good, im gona test around with stuff, give it a week, and i should be top notch...
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
......................ZZZ
.................ZZZ zuu, zenthosa nara verr nehi zunu.
.............ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Spiralbunny
Regular

#17 Post by Spiralbunny »

*just popping in, reading your conversation*
You guys... remember that the program is only a minor part in making good art. To become a good artist, you need practicing (with whatever - pencil and paper, MS Paint, doesn't matter) more than Photoshop. :)

metalica

#18 Post by metalica »

absolutely, I'm going to draw the interior and exterior backgrounds for my game, like I said I just mess around with photoshop(learning cool methods to color or give effects for handrawn graphics). Though outside backgrounds(like beach forest,etc) don't really need to be made by hand(in fact they usually end better looking digitally). Besides lots of art is made digitally nowadays. I personally will always prefer handrawn gaphics which is what i'll use for my project. But many comercial games have them done in PS, or have PS effects, or colored in PS. Conclusion for becoming a real artist draw it yourself, but for game making digital art dominates the scene and its just a fact. (there's to the 3D artists and programs like maya and 3D max, just an example that nowadays the term artist doesn't necesarily mean draw it by hand :wink: )

In fact you'll probably make a much better income(professionally) from the net if you know how to use PS or some 3D program rather than if you actually know how to draw

Spiralbunny
Regular

#19 Post by Spiralbunny »

I didn't say anything about drawing your backgrounds by hand, I said that to make neat art you need practice - which can be digital or not. 8) Sure, learn how to use various art programs, that's a good skill to have as well, and very useful for game graphics and other things. But don't neglect the actual drawing practice.

edited to add: And, yes, there have always been artists that do other things than draw or paint by hand (sculpturing, sewing, 3D, etc). To become good as that kind of an artist, you need practice as well, and not just a 3D program. ;)

zephiel
Regular

#20 Post by zephiel »

than practace i must!

and sence this ha turnd twors an art topicish thing, tel me if this is berter?
Attachments
my latest one....
my latest one....
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
......................ZZZ
.................ZZZ zuu, zenthosa nara verr nehi zunu.
.............ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

metalica

#21 Post by metalica »

in my opinion it looks a lot better :) , a much cleaner background