Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi [BxB][Mystery][18+]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi [BxB][Mystery][18+]

#1 Post by Hijiri »

This project was developed for BaraJam.
You will find them where the white doves rest...
Story
June, 2004
Daichi Ibato has a peaceful and uneventful life in the city, but he feels like he lacks direction compared to others his age. Things take a strange turn when he's forced to leave his home after an argument with his mother. After a chance meeting with a businessman, he moves in with him in the countryside, agreeing to take care of the man's father as repayment. But as Daichi begins his new life with the Kagemori men, he can't shake the feeling that something is off. Just as the shadow of the Grave Tree hangs over the town, a similar dark presence seems to envelop Kenji and Rintaro. Can Daichi discover the truth of the Kagemori family and save them from the darkness, or will he too be consumed by the same shadows?

Sin Reflection Chapter-Tsumihanseishi:
Daichi easily falls into his role as caretaker for Rintaro Kagemori, and finds himself drawn to the man in other ways. But things are not all well, not after a strange man warns Daichi of the dangers of the Grave Tree...

Main Cast

Screenshots

Download
Get it now from Itch!

Current Patch
v 1.21

Patch Notes:
  • Overhauled the User Interface. Now the game has its own personal feel to it.
  • Added four unique tracks lovingly composed by Red Robotix. These tracks are named Akasakura, Mending (Kenji's Theme), Reflection (Rintaro's Theme), and Resting Place (Main Theme).
  • Added an Epilogue scene following the True End and overhauled a special scene unlocked when certain conditions are met.
  • Activated the Music Room.
  • Grammar improvements.
Last edited by Hijiri on Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

Re: Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi [BxB][18+]

#2 Post by illuminate001 »

Congratulations on the release Hijiri!

I played this in it's entirety last night, and I have to say I was pretty griped the entire time. I highly recommend not just BxB lovers, but horror fans (who don't mind nsfw/gay nsfw) to play this game. It is really good. I can't wait until the entire thing is complete.

I won't go into too many spoilers, so I'll talk about things I liked and things I maybe wasn't crazy about/questioning:

In terms of presentation, I really liked the format. Chapters, lower thirds/animated story breaks that worked like loading screens, Intermissions to save...all of this...I loved. I don't know how others view this, if they see this as a disruption, but personally it reminds me affectionately of when anime cuts to a commercial break and the series logo is shown. Helps with pacing, simply gorgeous.

Spoiler Question:
When Sachiko goes to the town to find Daichi the first time, why does she travel all the way there, only to leave a few mins/hour later? Wouldn't she ask around town, show pics of her son and try to find him that same day?
Anyways, congrats again!
Last edited by illuminate001 on Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi

Re: Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi [BxB][18+]

#3 Post by Hijiri »

illuminate001 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:54 pm Congratulations on the release Hijiri!
We had a nice chat earlier about it,but I'm still glad you enjoyed it.
illuminate001 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:54 pm Spoiler Question:
When Sachiko goes to the town to find Daichi the first time, why does she travel all the way there, only to leave a few mins/hour later? Wouldn't she ask around town, show pics of her son and try to find him that same day?
Ah, I thought I added something about that. Guess it was one of those lines that I thought I added but didn't. Easy enough to fix :lol:
Image Image

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi [BxB][Mystery][18+]

#4 Post by Hijiri »

Patch 1.1 for Tsumihanseishi has been pushed out.
Image Image

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Hijiri »

Patch 1.21 has been published alongside a mobile release! Go and grab it from the first post!
Image Image

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#6 Post by tiya_nofurita »

I feel Higurashi vibes from this. Congrats for your release! Will give my thoughts after reading this.
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Hijiri »

tiya_nofurita wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:12 am I feel Higurashi vibes from this. Congrats for your release! Will give my thoughts after reading this.
I'll be happy to hear your thoughts :D
Image Image

Autumnotopia
Regular
Completed: Making Friends
Tumblr: autumnotopiadev
Github: autumngreenley
itch: autumnotopia

#8 Post by Autumnotopia »

Haha as already pointed out, this carries incredibly strong Higurashi vibes. Like when it did the 'black bars make the screen narrow and the logo shows in the corner' thing I had intense flashbacks (that said I really like that gimmick, it always feels like a nice way of dividing scenes).

Overall, I loved the UI! It was so clean and nice looking and polished I just kept sitting there going 'wow! that's really cool!'. I did notice that the glossary didn't seem to be accessible from the in-game menu, which made checking it kind of a chore. The story felt pretty complete, which I think can be both good and bad. I didn't feel like it had any huge cliffhangers that left me wanting for more, but I also think it's kind of nice to have a self contained first arc.

Did you do everything yourself? If so, really impressive! (If not, also still impressive haha) It'll be cool to see what the next arcs will be like, and I look forward to learning more about Kenji. He seemed a little glazed over in this arc so it'll be nice to learn more about him
A game about loneliness, chess, and fighting monsters with magic

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#9 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Hi. I just finished your visual novel last night.
I got True End and Bad End btw
TECHNICAL
I played on Android version, I think it's version with suffix -120- before you updated your latest release on itch.io
There are 2 images which won't loaded properly, the first is when
Sachiko heard a mysterious whisper?
and
Kenji killed himself? Idk I can only guess from the later conversation because I have to ignore that screen in order to move forward.
Here is the attached error I screenshot-ed

Maybe you have fixed in on later release but I have yet to check.
Technical issues aside, I think you did pretty great on UI aspect. I love the simplicity and its ambiance.
If I'm being nitpick, maybe the lack of history/log and the inability to access glossary from the game menu is what bothering me. Not too big problem I guess.

ART
The background photo is gorgeous (is it from your own collection) but the sprites and CG might need some work.
I know you did all of that alone but it seems really out of place for me. I suggest you hire an artist for future release. or maybe hire me instead/slap
Also, you might consider an option to switch off the sex scene/CG for some people.
STORY
Story wise, I'm glad it doesn't drag too long and pick up fast after prologue.
There are a bit of cheesy moments but let's pretend I ignore them :D
There are still a few questions unanswered from this arc such as
Who is the real identity of Aoba Kishin
but I guess this arc is pretty self-contained in term of
Kagemori's family fate
. Well. Unless I'm missing something.

Overall, congrats on your release! Are you planning to continue this?

p.s : here is my token of appreciation of your work, done very quick and ugly but I hope it's still likable <3
dai.png
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Hijiri »

tiya_nofurita wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:16 am TECHNICAL
I played on Android version, I think it's version with suffix -120- before you updated your latest release on itch.io
There are 2 images which won't loaded properly, the first is when
Sachiko heard a mysterious whisper?
and
Kenji killed himself? Idk I can only guess from the later conversation because I have to ignore that screen in order to move forward.
Here is the attached error I screenshot-ed

Maybe you have fixed in on later release but I have yet to check.
Technical issues aside, I think you did pretty great on UI aspect. I love the simplicity and its ambiance.
If I'm being nitpick, maybe the lack of history/log and the inability to access glossary from the game menu is what bothering me. Not too big problem I guess.
Thanks for finishing! I fixed that missing image issue you mentioned and should be working in 121. I omitted the history screen in part because I couldn't get it to display properly for mobile devices without outright rewriting the code. So to spare myself the headache, I just let people roll back (something that isn't available in the desktop version.) As for the glossary, that is more a bonus and features things people might want to read but it isn't necessary.
tiya_nofurita wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:16 amART
The background photo is gorgeous (is it from your own collection) but the sprites and CG might need some work.
I know you did all of that alone but it seems really out of place for me. I suggest you hire an artist for future release. or maybe hire me instead/slap
Also, you might consider an option to switch off the sex scene/CG for some people.
I tried my best, and it was ultimately a challenge to myself. I know it ain't the prettiest to look at and truth be told I've hired someone to do the art, but I won't be getting rid of my work anytime soon.
As for what's in that spoiler, is a request I'll deny unfortunately! :'D

tiya_nofurita wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:16 amSTORY
Story wise, I'm glad it doesn't drag too long and pick up fast after prologue.
There are a bit of cheesy moments but let's pretend I ignore them :D
There are still a few questions unanswered from this arc such as
Who is the real identity of Aoba Kishin
but I guess this arc is pretty self-contained in term of
Kagemori's family fate
. Well. Unless I'm missing something.
Overall, congrats on your release! Are you planning to continue this?
The prologue was written to set the tone of the story. I didn't want anyone to come in thinking "Oh, maybe this will be a nice and lovely story with some mystery bits thrown in." No, the very first line introduces you to a corpse.
Aoba's identity is explained by Rintaro. He was a former lover who died. And the man Daichi meets who looks exactly like him is described as having dead eyes.
This was just one possibility. The mystery still remains unsolved since we only know
Rintaro's past actions are what broke his family and his son. We don't know what that fully entails, except that he feels Remorse for it.
So yeah, the story still continues.
After all, we need to see the story through the eyes of someone who lived through this--Kenji.
tiya_nofurita wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:16 amp.s : here is my token of appreciation of your work, done very quick and ugly but I hope it's still likable <3
dai.png
Awww, thank you. ;;u;; I love it. And thanks again for reading!
I should ask...did you discover what happened to Sachiko?
Image Image

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#11 Post by Akitsuki »

Wow this looks interesting. Will try playing it. But before that, congratulations on the release!