[CLOSED] Seeking Illustrator for VN-Style Sprites in a 2D Platformer!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
_eternal

[CLOSED] Seeking Illustrator for VN-Style Sprites in a 2D Platformer!

#1 Post by _eternal »

EDIT: We found someone to fill this position. Thanks to everyone who applied!

Hi there! I'm recruiting an illustrator for a 2D platformer that I'm working on. You can grab a demo if you'd like. Here's a quick look at the art style:

The current art is great — the issue is that my current artist might not have time to finish the project. He has a bunch of other freelance work going on. Therefore, I'm looking for someone to either continue where he left off or start from scratch, depending on what's easier.

To clarify, this job is for the VN-style sprites seen above, not for the animated game sprites. So even though it's a video game, the job is effectively the same as drawing for a VN. You will also have the opportunity to design two of the human characters (we already have designs for the first three). Payment can be hourly or per asset.

If you're interested, just comment or email admin[at]scarletstring.moe! Also, please note: I'm looking for something similar to our current art style, if possible. The characters are a bit older than your average anime characters, and the colors should be relatively flat to fit with the rest of the artwork. There are also a couple of male characters, so we have to dial down the cuteness a little bit. Just a little.
Last edited by _eternal on Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aya The Small
Discord: Magglez#8650

Re: [Paid] Seeking Illustrator for VN-Style Sprites in a 2D Platformer!

#2 Post by Aya The Small »

Sent off an e-mail, but just in case it's faster to comment here;

My style is a bit different, though I consider myself relatively good at replicating styles if you wanted it the same! (I'd try my very best anyway, before deciding to change it up and just start from scratch.. xD would do tests beforehand, of course)
You can see my samples, prices and a link to a slightly bigger gallery here!

Thanks in advance for your time! :) I look forward to hearing back from you!

Lawnielle
Deviantart: LawNielleRIMM

#3 Post by Lawnielle »

I am interested kindly note me here https://www.deviantart.com/lawniellerimm

And this is the VN i'm currently working on https://twitter.com/MalheurGames

Sprites: $100 Each maximum of 5 expressions (Halfbody) Fullbody -$150
CGs: $100 - Full Body

MGO
Regular
Completed: The Girl of Glass, Heart of the Party, The Miller's Daughter
Projects: Recidivia, The Knight & The Maiden, Road to Yondolfa, My Girlfriend's Friends

#4 Post by MGO »

Sent an email with my portfolio :)