Found this...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
denzil
Veteran

Found this...

#1 Post by denzil »

So, I was just googling around and found this in progress translation. I don't really know Cave Story (it's some MMO game I believe), but it looks like it could be fun.
Practice makes purrrfect.
Finished projects: Broken sky .:. colorless day .:. and few more...

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

Re: Found this...

#2 Post by yummy »

Hmm... There's a note at the very end of the page that troubles me...
あなたは...
Doesn't the drawing style remind you of lordcloudx? Plus, the circle url doesn't work...

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#3 Post by chronoluminaire »

Yes, that note at the end is quite incriminating.
あなたは馬鹿外人ですね? このゲームは大フェイク!
Which reads:
Anata wa baka (?shin-jin?) desu ne? Kono GEEMU wa dai-FEIKU!
Meaning, roughly:
Are you a crazy fool? This game is a big fake!
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#4 Post by akemicchi »

More like:
"You're a dumb foreigner, aren't you? This game is a big fake."
外人 is 'gaijin'.

Also, isn't '大' supposed to be, like, '大きい' (ookii)? Since it's an adjective describing 'fake'? Even then, it's not really 'large/big' in the sense of size, which is what ookii means... ^^;; Hahaha.

I had my suspicions when I was reading the dialogue. (I don't usually scroll down to the bottom of the page to read the subtexts. xD I missed that.) 'クヲ-トくん' should've been 'クオートくん', as 'wo' is not commonly used except as a particle (it's even less commonly used in katakana and in a name). And '大' is used again instead of '大きい' to describe '町' (machi), which makes more sense as the word 'town'... :x
Eromanga, Australia. :D
(Hey, cool, that place actually exists!)

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#5 Post by Blue Lemma »

FYI, Cave Story (Doukutsu Monogatari) info here: http://www.miraigamer.net/cavestory/
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#6 Post by lordcloudx »

:roll: lolz who?

yummy: I have no idea what you're talking about. :wink:
thanks to pytom for Eromanga, Australia :twisted:
Last edited by lordcloudx on Wed May 28, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#7 Post by Samu-kun »

I don't think the graphics look 8-bit enough. :3

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Cybeat »

I read it just the way it is. Who wrote that little Japanese note at the bottom of the page? If it's from a Japanese person, then I have a feeling that they don't want Americans to make visual novels. Baka gaijin? What the hell? If an American wrote that...well....oh well.
Mujinchitai
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=3360
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#9 Post by Samu-kun »

I think it's plenty obvious who the person responsible for that web page is. :3

Do the members of this community really plant little easter eggs for the rest of us to find? Shouldn't they be spending the time doing better things, like dating anime girls instead? >:3

Jake
Support Hero

#10 Post by Jake »

Cybeat wrote:Who wrote that little Japanese note at the bottom of the page? If it's from a Japanese person, then I have a feeling that they don't want Americans to make visual novels. Baka gaijin? What the hell? If an American wrote that...well....oh well.
Top tip: The world population is not divided completely into "Japanese people" and "American people". :P
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Cybeat »

Lol. I think I know who it is. (It came to me late, because still don't know everybody here)

I was about to say, what's wrong with gaijins making visual novels? That gaijin word really offends me, since I was called that for 10 years in my Japanese life. Seems like only being half doesn't qualify.
Mujinchitai
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

Mikan
Veteran

#12 Post by Mikan »

American have taken in the terms "gaijin" and "otaku" kind of like how African Americans have taken in the term "nigger" to refer to each other or like how lesbians have taken in the word "dyke" to simply mean "lesbian". Yet this whole concept of taking in an offensive term is a very non-Japanese thing to begin with... I'd never refer to myself as a "gaijin". Maybe a "gaikokujin", but certainly not the shorter offensive slang that strongly hints I don't belong in their society.

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Cybeat »

First of all, PLEASE don't say the N word. I get really pissed when somebody says it, but since you're a cool guy, I can't/don't want do squat about it. They refer to each other as "nigga", not the other word.

Second, I still find it offensive to be called gaijin. When I was in Japan, I always told some people that I was born in Japan and have a Japanese mother, but they still call me gaijin. I really don't know what else to do (except to just accept it). :( :( :(
Mujinchitai

Jake
Support Hero

#14 Post by Jake »

Cybeat wrote:First of all, PLEASE don't say the N word.
One can not have an objective discussion of language without mentioning the words one is discussing. It is counter-productive and frankly quite bizarre to get offended by a word like 'nigger' when it is not being used as an insult or even to refer to anyone at all, but as an exemplar, a comparison. And quite an apt one, as far as I can see.

In short - and excuse me if I am a little terse here - please, if you are going to discuss things with adults, then grow up.
Cybeat wrote:Second, I still find it offensive to be called gaijin. When I was in Japan, I always told some people that I was born in Japan and have a Japanese mother, but they still call me gaijin. I really don't know what else to do (except to just accept it).
To be honest, it sounds more like you have a problem with people teasing you or treating you badly for no good reason, and you've just associated that with the particular word which one set of people used to do so. In fact, from your description of it, it sounds pretty likely that your protestations that you weren't really foreign would only have encouraged them to keep calling you it, because their intent wasn't to point out your foreignness, but to upset you. Such people are scum; ignore them. People will stop teasing you when they stop getting a reaction, not before.

If the modern accepted Japanese meaning of the word is "someone who isn't pureblood Japanese", then is it not true that not having a Japanese father would mean you are a 'gaijin'? That's just a classification - maybe, maybe not a fair one. If it's true, why does it matter that they're calling you it? Surely it's the fact that they're rejecting you and/or treating you differently that you actually have a problem with? For that matter, if it's not true, then surely it matters even less?

It'd be perfectly accurate for a group of Japanese people to call me 'gaijin', since I'm definitely not in the least bit Japanese. I wouldn't have a problem with that at all, but I'd be annoyed if they decided that this was adequate reason to discount me as a human being. Thankfully, most people grow out of that kind of behaviour in their mid-teens, and the ones who don't typically aren't worth associating with anyway.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Mikan
Veteran

#15 Post by Mikan »

Cybeat wrote:When I was in Japan, I always told some people that I was born in Japan and have a Japanese mother, but they still call me gaijin. I really don't know what else to do (except to just accept it). :( :( :(
I think it'd help your case more if your father was Japanese and took in a foreigner wife, but even then you'd still be considered a "foreigner". Hell I have two parents who are Korean in every right, but when I lived in Korea, teachers treated me differently because I could speak English without an accent and had strange "Lisa Frank" pencils.. lol

But then again, all Japanese are technically foreigners too. What with all that intermixing with the ainu natives and migrating from China during the ice age and all.