Is my posts deleted?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
gillenew
Deviantart: gvbn10
Soundcloud: gillenew
itch: guilherme-vargas

Is my posts deleted?

#1 Post by gillenew »

Hi, I made a post with my games recently, and now I was updating to see if there were any answers, and I can not find my posts anymore, they were deleted? Cause I did not even receive any information on why :(

gillenew

Re: Is my posts deleted?

#2 Post by gillenew »

well. so fuk it

Offworlder
Regular

#3 Post by Offworlder »

You should be more patient if you want an answer. The mods have lives, too, and it's only been a few hours.

What was the game you posted?

gillenew

#4 Post by gillenew »

Offworlder wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:00 pm You should be more patient if you want an answer. The mods have lives, too, and it's only been a few hours.

What was the game you posted?
Hi sorry, I thought they were deliberately ignoring me, I published my game on other forums and only here they disappeared. The names of the games are Zero Core - Exile and Haunted Hump House. Thx

Offworlder
Regular

#5 Post by Offworlder »

gillenew wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:10 pm The names of the games are Zero Core - Exile and Haunted Hump House. Thx
I'm not sure I personally saw the threads for these games, but I looked them up to see if I could determine a reason why they might have been deleted.
I can't speak for the mods, but I do have a theory. Both games seem to emphasize gameplay rather than story, which is actually against the rules for this forum. Specifically because such games are considered to be off-topic.

There's a Sticky posted here in General Discussion that describes the policy in more detail: [Admin] Story-Based Games

gillenew

#6 Post by gillenew »

Well, I'm sorry for the bluntness, but if it is so then it's a pretty stupid reason, what would be a game based on history? Cause my games are not simply a bunch of things without history, I waste my time both to craft the story base to use, both to program, also to do graphic art and sometimes the music and sound effects (I do my games alone and at least for me it's hard), but unfortunately they are not rpg games with tons of dialog lines. So, maybe is better I leave before bothering you all with my poor content. (imagine working hours for someone to come and spit on what you did, that must be why I end up being harsh on words.)

mitoky
Veteran
Projects: The Purring Demon's Love, circus eterie

#7 Post by mitoky »

gillenew wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:45 pm Well, I'm sorry for the bluntness, but if it is so then it's a pretty stupid reason, what would be a game based on history? Cause my games are not simply a bunch of things without history, I waste my time both to craft the story base to use, both to program, also to do graphic art and sometimes the music and sound effects (I do my games alone and at least for me it's hard), but unfortunately they are not rpg games with tons of dialog lines. So, maybe is better I leave before bothering you all with my poor content. (imagine working hours for someone to come and spit on what you did, that must be why I end up being harsh on words.)
I would like to just add that its still not cleared why that happend as the admins/mod didnt wrote anything yet. Offworlder only shared what they "think" and you do misunderstand them. No one offended your game or content, they solely mean to say the game type is not the one this forum is mainly focusing on and hence may be the reason the thread was deleted.

morinoir
Regular
itch: blackpepper

#8 Post by morinoir »

you're not the only one whose post was deleted. I remember around last month there's a recruitment post that also got deleted without any reason. The best way to know is to ask pytom himself, but like offworlder said, he has his own life, so you should be more patience if you want things to work out well.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#9 Post by PyTom »

These games were deleted for not being visual novels or story-based games, which is the purpose of the Lemma Soft Forums. These forums have a purpose, and at the end of the day, we moderate them to keep them on track, which means not letting wildly off-topic games in. Having your thread deleted for being off-topic doesn't say anything about the quality of your game.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#10 Post by sake-bento »

Hello, I'm the mod who removed them - I apologize for not sending you a message along with it. That's my fault.

The forum rules state that this place is for games that are largely based on plot and the advancement of a story. I played through the games you posted, and they don't fall within those definitions.

For more details on what defines a "story-based game," you can check out this thread.

gillenew

#11 Post by gillenew »

Phew, thanks for clarifying, I'll be aware of this from now on :3