Published Writer - Offering Writing, Editing/Proofing (Text AND Audio), Playtesting Services

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Sleepy
Regular
Projects: Camera Anima
Organization: EXP-resso Mutt
Tumblr: sleepy-does-games.tumblr.com
itch: https://expressomutt

Published Writer - Offering Writing, Editing/Proofing (Text AND Audio), Playtesting Services

#1 Post by Sleepy »

About Me
Hi, I'm Sleepy! I'm a freelance writer and visual novel developer. My love of videogames began with Sonic 2 and flourished after being introduced to narrative-heavy games like Final Fantasy. I wrote my Masters thesis on how videogame's integrate narrative with their interactive gameplay elements, and have worked on various projects since then.

As a freelance writer, I've worked on papers, ghostbooks, and fiction, both game-related and otherwise. I've contracted with Random Logic Games' to create short stories for their Unraveled Chat Story app and have written for visual novels at game jams and for Camera Anima.

Additionally, I've also done audiobook proofing for novels and professional QA-Playtesting for BioWare on Dragon Age: Inquisition. Currently, I'm alpha testing for Quantum Suicide.

For a more indepth look of what I've done (including portfolio, videos, and misc. work), please visit my site.
For a TL;DR version of my services, please read the following:
  • I reserve the right to decline requests.
  • I require prefer partial up-front payment. However, I’m open to discussing payment plans! Just ask.
  • I request credit for my services. Ghostwriting can be done but only on a case-by-case basis and an additional fee.
  • I am easily accessible through email, private messaging, and Discord (Sleepy#3252). Email is preferred.
  • Turnaround time may vary due to real-life circumstances and amount of work to be completed. However, I try to complete as soon as possible and will attempt to respect deadlines and circumstances. All I ask if that you respect the same!
Service Info
Writing:
  • Script writing and free editing for my own work.
  • Outline and feedback (if needed). This includes worldbuilding, character descriptions, and plot.
  • Research relevant topics (if needed).
  • One major rewrite and 2-3 minor revisions. Further revision requests may require the same rate or slightly lesser rate.
Writing Samples: Operation Sweet Side, Camera Anima Demo 1.0 - Story Mode Crit Path, Cyberpunk Project Game Bible

Editing/Proofing:

Text:
  • Check for plot errors, preserving tone and voice, and proper formatting.
  • Clean up surface errors and improving sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, and word choice.
  • Reword awkward phrasing and deleting unnecessary text.
  • Use track changes (if possible).
  • Provide feedback and answering questions.
Audio Proofing:
  • Listen for discrepancies between the audio and text.
  • Check for accuracy of pronunciations.
  • Report audio glitches.
Playtesting Sample Format:
  • Test build stability and game playability.
  • Report bugs and track fixes.
  • Provide repro steps and screenshots (if necessary).
  • Provide feedback and answering questions.
Playtesting: Formatting Sample
What I Can Do
Comfortable:
  • Mystery
  • Fantasy (Urban Preference)
  • Horror/Thriller
Normal:
  • Cyberpunk/Sci-Fi
  • Slice of Life
  • Action
  • Drama
Inexperienced:
  • Historical
  • Explicit 18+ Romance
Deal-Breakers:
  • Guro
Payment

My standard fee is typically $0.02-0.03 USD/word (dependent on complexity of work), particularly for writing and editing/proofing. However, I'm open to a negotiated fee for audio proofing and playtesting, as these often vary greatly depending on the needs and budget of a project.

Free projects will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Generally, though, they’ll be short, non-commercial projects. I'm open to consultation, though.

I accept payments through PayPal and InteractDirect (for Canadian clients). Due to previous issues with clients, I ask for a partial upfront payment and prefer milestone payments for longer projects (>10,000 words OR >1 month). However, overall payment, payment scheduling, and partial payment amount is negotiable.

Contact

Email: gee.domini@gmail.com
Discord: Sleepy#3252

Email or private messaging through this site preferred, mostly to help keep communications in organized. My timezone is General Mountain Time.

If you’re busy or need to put a project on hold, please contact me and let me know. I greatly appreciate being updated and am willing to accommodate.
Last edited by Sleepy on Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
W.I.P.

Complete

Image Image

CottonCandyCyanide

Re: Published Writer - Offering Writing, Editing/Proofing (Text AND Audio), Playtesting Services

#2 Post by CottonCandyCyanide »

Sleepy has been alpha testing Quantum Suicide with me and is an absolute pleasure to work with!
Their proof reading is amazing and their eye to detail is extraordinary!
I highly recommend Sleepy for your projects!

jamesws70
Projects: Dyneamics, Arcavellian

Re: Published Writer - Offering Writing, Editing/Proofing (Text AND Audio), Playtesting Services

#3 Post by jamesws70 »

I've emailed you to discuss a project :)

Sleepy
Regular
Projects: Camera Anima
Organization: EXP-resso Mutt
Tumblr: sleepy-does-games.tumblr.com
itch: https://expressomutt

#4 Post by Sleepy »

Received and replied!
W.I.P.

Complete

Image Image