My experience editing for VNs includes Panzer Hearts, an alternate history drama-romance. (My edits are set to be included in an update to the game, releasing soon.) Also, I am currently editing for two projects, Picture Perfect Romance and Children of Cosmos. In addition to my work on VNs, I am an Executive Producer/Editor at my school's news organization, so I work with words on an almost-daily basis. I also edited and proofread for friends' unpublished novels for over five years.
I am willing to edit and/or proofread most any project at no cost!
I am most comfortable working with these genres, in no particular order (though they are not the only genres I will work on):
- Slice of Life
- Romance (any pairing)
- Fantasy/Sci-fi/Stories with heavy worldbuilding
- 18+/NSFW content
- Heavy Horror (I don't know enough about it to do it well)
- Before beginning, I like to talk to the director and/or author about the project so I know your goals and your story. I also like to go through any outlines, character descriptions, or other documents so I can better understand the characters and plot.
- I will do a proofreading pass on the script. In this first pass, I will check for spelling, grammar, awkward phrasing, and continuity.
- Then, if you request it, I will do an editing pass, where I suggest improvements for pacing and character development, as well as give any additional suggestions I have (such as places where scenes can be combined, suggestions for additional scenes, etc) which, of course, you can choose to take or ignore.
If you're interested but still on the fence, please feel free to send me a partial draft, and I'd be glad to give you a sample edit/proof so you can get an idea of what kind of things I can help you with.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me through email (ironforpistons[at]gmail.com) or Discord (IronForPistons#3094)!
P.S. I also offer free programming and scripting services! Please check out my other thread as well.