On Hiatus!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Whimsy
Projects: Dimlight Cafe
itch: ivythesaurus

On Hiatus!

#1 Post by Whimsy »

Working on a different project for now!
Attachments
demoframe4.PNG
demofram3.PNG
These are some completed scenes with Lucien.
These are some completed scenes with Lucien.
More or less what the game will look like.
More or less what the game will look like.
The first draft banner I made!
The first draft banner I made!
Last edited by Whimsy on Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:11 am, edited 5 times in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Endelwyn: Drawn to You (WIP) [G x B][Romance][Fantasy]

#2 Post by Zelan »

This is a cool idea! I'm impressed at the word count you've reached already. (: Lucien is probably my favorite based on the character profiles, but all the characters seem well thought out! Also, I like how the months have different names in the fantasy world.

Preseva
Regular
Projects: The Miller's Daughter

#3 Post by Preseva »

I think your art is awesome and the characters have great designs. My fave char is Noa. I like big guys with bright personalities. Working with a low budget is tough, but if you're able to handle the art on your own, I think you've got the hardest part covered.

When you go over the characters, I recommend revising the weights. The characters have attractive builds that cover a range of body types and I love the variety. But most of the weights are too low — At 5' 4" and 105 pounds, Olivia is underweight, which is not necessary harmful if she has a small frame, but she wouldn't be as buxom as she is. Lucien is severely underweight, and at 99 lbs, Faust is at the point of organ failure. You can use a bmi calculator to get an idea of healthy weight ranges for non-fit people, and for people in top physical shape you can search for the heights and weights of athletes that have builds similar to the characters. Probably add on a few pounds for Cyrus' and Dunin's horns. Livescience.com says ram's horns can weigh up to 30 pounds. VNs lead to weird Google searches...

I'm looking forward to hearing more about the world. The characters have some interesting birthdays that suggest you've already started development in that area.

Whimsy

#4 Post by Whimsy »

Preseva wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:15 pm I think your art is awesome and the characters have great designs. My fave char is Noa. I like big guys with bright personalities. Working with a low budget is tough, but if you're able to handle the art on your own, I think you've got the hardest part covered.

When you go over the characters, I recommend revising the weights. The characters have attractive builds that cover a range of body types and I love the variety. But most of the weights are too low — At 5' 4" and 105 pounds, Olivia is underweight, which is not necessary harmful if she has a small frame, but she wouldn't be as buxom as she is. Lucien is severely underweight, and at 99 lbs, Faust is at the point of organ failure. You can use a bmi calculator to get an idea of healthy weight ranges for non-fit people, and for people in top physical shape you can search for the heights and weights of athletes that have builds similar to the characters. Probably add on a few pounds for Cyrus' and Dunin's horns. Livescience.com says ram's horns can weigh up to 30 pounds. VNs lead to weird Google searches...

I'm looking forward to hearing more about the world. The characters have some interesting birthdays that suggest you've already started development in that area.
Thank you so much for this comment! I was struggling pretty hard with the weights tbh. I did look up a BMI calculator while making them, but I don't have a very good frame of reference when it comes to weight. It's like "Oh 99 pounds is the same as 40 bowling balls!" and in my head I'm like "Oh, I think that's good?" Hahaha. When I redo the profiles I will definitely fix that up!

Whimsy

#5 Post by Whimsy »

Zelan wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:12 pm This is a cool idea! I'm impressed at the word count you've reached already. (: Lucien is probably my favorite based on the character profiles, but all the characters seem well thought out! Also, I like how the months have different names in the fantasy world.
Thank you for the compliment! >////< Lucien is one of my favorites to write for, and I love worldbuilding.

nerupuff
Veteran

#6 Post by nerupuff »

Ah! I was looking at this last night but I fell asleep before I even managed to reply to this thread, but I was pretty excited when I started reading. If this is going to be your first VN, then congratulations! This idea has a whole lot of potential. I especially love the art you've done so far, even though you say you aren't a great artist (I think you're fine, dear!). I think you've got amazing character design skills.

My favorites so far are Dunin and Cyrus, but I love the effort you've put into all these character descriptions and personalities. Looking forward to more of your progress, Whimsy!
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!

Whimsy

#7 Post by Whimsy »

Ah~ I'm so excited! It took a long time, but I finally finished Olivia's sprites! I have to do her alternate clothing form, though, but that's like nothing compared to what I've already done. I have no idea how many expressions she has now, but math-wise the combinations are at a crazy high number. Like 20,000 or something. Only thing to do now is the same thing but full bodied for five other people >.> Oh boy.
O Big Happy 1.png
O Suave 4.png
O Unamused Tongue 3.png
Olivia Neutral 2.png
O Strained 2.png
O DON frown 1.png

Preseva
Regular
Projects: The Miller's Daughter

#8 Post by Preseva »

Aww, she's adorable, look at her! The sass cannot be contained. I like the subtle texture on her sweater and the soft gradient in her hair.

Inksword
Regular
Tumblr: inksword

#9 Post by Inksword »

I love how expressive your sprites are so far! A lot of games just use those small expression changes because it's easier to account for and swap sprites out, but you're going all out with the expressions!

Whimsy

#10 Post by Whimsy »

Preseva wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:19 pm Aww, she's adorable, look at her! The sass cannot be contained. I like the subtle texture on her sweater and the soft gradient in her hair.
Thank you! I didn't know if the texture was too much or too little. Olive would definitely appreciate your acknowledgment of her sass.
Inksword wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:14 am I love how expressive your sprites are so far! A lot of games just use those small expression changes because it's easier to account for and swap sprites out, but you're going all out with the expressions!
I didn't know that about the small expressions! I always thought it was a character personality thing or an art style thing. I've always loved big expressions. I find that the bigger you make them, the more subtle expressions like contempt versus annoyance are easier to differentiate from each other. Thanks!

Whimsy

#11 Post by Whimsy »

Valentines Pic2.png
Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you all have fun with your significant others, or, if you're like me, you'll enjoy your cheez-its and your cat's company. Either way, love is in the air!

I forgot how much I loved to draw Noa, my precious boyo. I hate to draw his clothes, though, his color scheme is always all over the place. Expect more changes to Noa later down the road xD

As for progress, I'm busying myself writing the last bits of the... mini routes? End of the common route? I dunno, I'm writing. I'm also drawing Dunin's sprites right now. It's a lot more annoying than drawing Olivia's. Anyway, there's my update! ^^

Whimsy

#12 Post by Whimsy »

I tried my hand at making some music for the game, and I made two versions of the title music. I don't really know if either of them fit too well, but seeing as how I can't make Animal Crossing music like I want, I figure this is as good as I'm going to get!

Attempt 1: https://soundcloud.com/user-233696043/p ... rototype-1
Attempt 2: https://soundcloud.com/user-233696043/p ... rototype-2

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#13 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

I love seeing all of the things you have done!
Especially for the art, they're so expressive and the designs are great <3

Both of the music pieces are amazing too, I love how the piano sounded for the first one (a bit melancholic and sombre yet hopeful?) then it goes into this adventure sound (a bit RPG-ish?)
For the second one it's happy yet wistful, then goes into an energetic sound, love the small claps you added too because it adds more charm to the music.

I really can't wait to see your updates and when this VN is finished, I wish you luck with everything!

Whimsy

#14 Post by Whimsy »

YuukiCrossPudding wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:23 am I love seeing all of the things you have done!
Especially for the art, they're so expressive and the designs are great <3

Both of the music pieces are amazing too, I love how the piano sounded for the first one (a bit melancholic and sombre yet hopeful?) then it goes into this adventure sound (a bit RPG-ish?)
For the second one it's happy yet wistful, then goes into an energetic sound, love the small claps you added too because it adds more charm to the music.

I really can't wait to see your updates and when this VN is finished, I wish you luck with everything!
Thank you for the feedback! I’m happy you like what I’ve done so far. I think I may use the second song for the title or make a new one altogether! Hehe.

Whimsy

#15 Post by Whimsy »

Hoo boy, I finally finished Lucien's sprites! Took a huge amount of time that I wasn't expecting it to take, and it took even longer because Dunin's sprites file got corrupted a little over halfway through! SIGH. It's okay, I guess because these are done, and I don't have to touch them again :'D
Atka will be added separately.
Lucien waa4.png
Lucien laughing3.png
Lucien neutral2.png
Lucien smileyblush1.png
Lucien unamused2.png
Lucien blushy3.png
Lucien frustrated4.png
Lucien smirk1.png