Please be friendly with me :)

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

Please be friendly with me :)

#1 Post by isobellesophia »

Hello everyone...? :oops:
I hope i didn't break the rules. :) (If i did, then i should apologize already :roll: )
(Ehh.. first time posting this to everyone.. :| )

Well.. certainly..
Maybe i am just the only one young here? Or some people like me.. (I am just 12.)
Like, i started Ren'Py since October in 2018 (I know that code is hard than anyone else lol.)
(And yes, i was addicted to computer. Especially video games.)

Since my 7th grade in school is almost done, (just have some finishing touches.)
I was like, "Should i make a game that referenced in my school life?"
So, yeah! I started making a game called.. friendly. Just friendly.
And i was making a game by myself alone. (totally fair.)
That is why i am too depressed in school, so i decided to code my game.

Well, since this post is cringey. I'll just draw some stuffs in my lovely tab.
Last edited by isobellesophia on Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.

liagel
Regular

Re: Just a young girl talking here...

#2 Post by liagel »

I saw some of your posts here on lemma and you know what you're talking about. Keep up this good work!

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

#3 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

isobellesophia wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:30 am Hello everyone...? :oops:
I hope i didn't break the rules. :) (If i did, then i should apologize already :roll: )

Well.. certainly..
Maybe i am just the only one young here? Or some people like me.. (I am just 12.)
Like, i started Ren'Py since October in 2018 (I know that code is hard than anyone else lol.)

Since my 7th grade in school is almost done, (just have some finishing touches.)

I have taught elementary school kids aged 9-12 Renpy, we made a game together: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .renpy.one but they didn't go so far as to make a game all by themselves, so congratulations! It takes a lot of hard work and determination to make a game by yourself. Unfortunately, none of my students use the forums, but I am pretty sure that there are some younger developers here from time to time. On the Facebook group there are quite a number of young faces too (probably not 12 though), and there is a guy in Indonesia teaching it to junior high/high school aged teenagers, perhaps some of them might visit the forums too.

Don't let school keep you down, and I definitely recommend writing narrative works like Visual Novels to improve your mood and reduce stress. Plus, you're learning useful skill too!

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)

#4 Post by isobellesophia »

Thanks you guys, actually i was writing a code into school while some teachers are teaching us.
Some of my classmates really like to view my game sooner. :)

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

#5 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

isobellesophia wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:06 am Thanks you guys, actually i was writing a code into school while some teachers are teaching us.
That's nice! :D Having an eager audience before you finish is definitely a huge plus. Not everyone has that.

Actually, I'd love to show your work to my students to motivate them. I am thinking of doing another game with Renpy with my Computer Art Club students soon. It is amazing to hear that you are making your game by yourself, my students need a lot of support and guidance and we make it as a group so the workload is smaller too (but it still takes a long time!).

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by isobellesophia »

ComputerArt.Club wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:11 am
isobellesophia wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:06 am Thanks you guys, actually i was writing a code into school while some teachers are teaching us.
That's nice! :D Having an eager audience before you finish is definitely a huge plus. Not everyone has that.

Actually, I'd love to show your work to my students to motivate them. I am thinking of doing another game with Renpy with my Computer Art Club students soon. It is amazing to hear that you are making your game by yourself, my students need a lot of support and guidance and we make it as a group so the workload is smaller too (but it still takes a long time!).

Lol thanks for that, (teach...?)

I was only struggling into the music, though. Probably my beta version has no music yet, until i learn the basics of some softwares. Then it will be the full version, with music now!
(Full may be released in 2020 OwO)

Oh, my doodle friend is calling me!

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

Re: A young girl talking here.

#7 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

isobellesophia wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:30 am Hello everyone...? :oops:

Well.. certainly..

I think there must be people around your age! and if there isn't that much then don't let it discourages you from making visual novel.
I started making visual novel from around 13-14 y.o. myself (before that I'm active making small RPG games when I'm 12 like yourself)
it's a slow start (I'm starting to tinker with codes even when I understand nothing). Although it's difficult if you don't have the basics but there is a lot of tutorials and people in this forum who will gladly help each other out. As time goes, I switched my role into drawing because it is my passion and people in this forum help me greatly on my drawing improvement.

I remember my first time trying to make visual novel, with my crappy old phone I took pictures of my surroundings for the backgrounds, for the sprite I use a sprite generator and for the story I tried to make a VN about my friends, then I excitedly show them the game-- even when it's a short one.

Keep going with your projects and don't be afraid to ask others! See the positive in everything and I bet you will do well!
Also if you're in need for someone to ask advices or just for small talks, just PM me haha, I can't help much but I can be your friend :D

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by isobellesophia »

Thanks yuuki!

You guys made my beautiful day of my VN. :D

(oops my friend doodle guy is talking.)

milksoda

#9 Post by milksoda »

Hello! I started Ren'py when I was 13. It's really nice to meet you! I'll see you around the forums :))

Yallendev
Completed: On GH.
Projects: Working on, can't tell you because of IS.
Organization: Dev

Re: Please be friendly with me :)

#10 Post by Yallendev »

Wow! Yeah, you're young. Wish you good luck and hope to see your beta on GH soon.

xino_zero

Re: Please be friendly with me :)

#11 Post by xino_zero »

Hello :) I am new here i hope we can all get along