NaNoReno 2019 General Recruitment Thread

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
sorabokki
Regular
Projects: Love Net

Re: NaNoReno 2019 General Recruitment Thread

#31 Post by sorabokki »

Hi all, I'm looking for a few people to build a team!

I've been on a really long break from artwork and game making due to life/work obligations, but I'd like that to change! With better life circumstances now, I think I'll have time to work on a short, sweet, and simple game in time for NaNoRenO.

Story Idea & Background
I'd like to work on a story that illustrates the harsh conditions of high school students in Korea. It would be a casual BxG high school romance story set in modern times. In context, the story would go through the daily lives of these students, all of whom struggle with the various pressures from parents, teachers, peers, and other factors in life here. Did you know that the smoking rate in Korea is close to 50%? Almost 1 in 2 people smoke and it's so disheartening because of the stress levels that these students endure.

I'm a Korean-American teacher in Korea that witnesses all these struggles from students daily, and I feel really compelled to make a story based on this. Because of my heritage, I am familiar with the same standards and unfair treatment children undergo to be "the best."

Some "futures" that many Korean high schoolers these days dream of becoming include Webtoon Artists, K-pop/Idols, Pro Gamers, etc. - all of which we could use as separate potential branches.

My Roles
  • Sprite Artist / CG Artist
  • GUI Artist
  • Writer
  • Programmer
Seeking
  • BG Artist
  • Composer / SFX
  • Artist Assistant (helping with cleaning up, coloring, etc.)
  • Co-writer
  • Programmer
I'm primarily seeking a BG artist and Composer as those are areas I don't have much experience in. Other interested parties would definitely be appreciated and would help speeden the process!

My Samples Communication & Tools
I live in Korea, so timezones may be funky as I assume a lot of people live elsewhere in the world. We will use Discord for communication to have an organized history of all conversations. We'll also use an asset tracking software (e.g. Asana, Basecamp) to ensure deliverables are being made on time and reasonably.

If you're interested in exploring Korean culture and what it is like for children these days in a casual/semi-serious BxG romance visual novel, please let me know!

PM me or e-mail me at sorabokki@gmail.com (e-mail is best for fastest replies).

Cheers.
Last edited by sorabokki on Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lovetospar1

#32 Post by lovetospar1 »

[deleted]
Last edited by lovetospar1 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xelanelho
Tumblr: foxystardust
itch: foxystardust

#33 Post by xelanelho »

Artist looking for a team!

Hi! I've been planning on doing a solo project during NaNoReno for years, but I've never gotten around to it because I'm a pretty slow and inefficent writer, so the time's usually up before I've come up with as much as an outline for my stories… :roll:

I'm comfortable doing most things art-related. I'm fine with doing sprites, CGs, GUI etc. It all depends on the project and the workload. I don't have an up-to-date portfolio right now since art has been on the back-burner for me for a while, but here's some older drawings so you can get a basic idea of my style and stuff.

I'm pretty adaptable so I have no problems adjusting to whatever style fits the project the most, so if you need an extra artist/colorist or something similar, I'd be open to that! :D

You can drop me a PM or write me on Discord (obscureboxes#1014).

Right now it looks like I'll have plenty to do, will make a note if that changes.
Last edited by xelanelho on Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

gabicho
Completed: QMS, RMC, Monrapa
Projects: Mindless Box & Dragon's Pride

#34 Post by gabicho »

Hey all!
I'm an artist mostly looking for a team that I can contribute sprites to. I can do the character work for CGs but not the backgrounds.
I'm happy to do any sort of game except for overly violent or nsfw. I love doing character design and would be happy to work for any team!

I prefer contact through twitter or discord. Please either DM me here or send me a DM on twitter if you're interested!

Here's my portfolio;
https://maimiestoybox.squarespace.com/
https://twitter.com/goblinmajo

Lilenee
Projects: Daydreamer
Deviantart: Lilenee0

#35 Post by Lilenee »

Hello!

I'm an artist looking for a team! I can contribute sprites, CGs and chibis, but I can't draw backgrounds at the moment. I'm not too picky with the theme, but I would love to work in a romance ( GXB, BXB or GXG) or in a horror visual novel. I'm also willing to do character design if needed.

Here are some examples of my work:
https://lilenee.portfoliobox.net/
https://www.deviantart.com/lilenee0/gallery/

You can either drop me a PM, send me an email to lilenee0@gmail.com or contact me via Discord ( Lilenee#8164 )

Thank you!

Edit: Found a team, good luck to everyone that is still searching!
Last edited by Lilenee on Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Camy
Regular
Completed: When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten, Not Lost, A More Beautiful World, Beach Volley, and Here With You.
Projects: The Prince's Heart, Delphine's Discovery, A Vampire's Choice, Phantom of the Blooming Rose, Connection Pending, and Our Final Moments.
Organization: Freelancer, Pixel Pineberry Studios
itch: camy
Discord: camyza

#36 Post by Camy »

Found a team, thank you~!

Hi!

I'm a GUI Designer and a Logo Designer looking for a team. I can do any genre and GUI type, so long as I don't need to see the horrifying stuff if any. I'm open for even the smallest of projects so please feel free to holler. I do have a Discord but will join/add when the time arrives and I'm quite the nightowl so timezones shouldn't be a problem.

Examples can be found at viewtopic.php?f=62&t=30763.

Please send me an email at camyadesigns@gmail.com or PM, thank you!
Last edited by Camy on Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

breadparty
itch: pananparty

#37 Post by breadparty »

Hi I'm a generalist who's fairly new with the visual novel scene.

My expertise is in art such as character art or sprites, but Ive been learning UI art with in Renpy's engine.

I also am open to try programming for the game as I have been learning how to program up to the basics.

my twitter is: https://twitter.com/pananparty feel free to @ me or dm me.

edit: found a team
Last edited by breadparty on Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:24 am, edited 5 times in total.

Karamelow
Veteran
Projects: Fujiwara BitterSweet
Organization: Magic Bench/Karamelow

#38 Post by Karamelow »

~°Hello there!°~
A lot of artists already applied for this, but here is my application too x)
I'm a sprite artist, who really love the GxB otome genre and would be happy to help if anyone is doing a vn like this. I habitually try to draw in a anime-ish style, but recently started to draw in a cutesy style (here a sample):
I generally prefer fluffy, cute stories, but honestly, as long that there is no "extreme" topics and such, I'm pretty okay with anything. Oh, and I do like stats raising games too!
Well then, I think it's all? If ever you are interested, don't hesitate to send me a private message and tell me more about the project you have in mind ^^
Good luck to everyone! (^ o^)/
P.S: You can also contact me via Discord, here's my ID: Melow#9864

Jaune

#39 Post by Jaune »

Hello! I am a programmer looking for a team.

I just heard about NaNoReno, it's maybe too late, 4 days before the Game JAM.

I never used Ren'Py, or work on a visual novel, but I'm a quick learner and I do code for a living, it won't be an issue, I guess.
I prefer sci-fi, but if the story is good, I don't mind the theme.

English is not my native language, unfortunately I'm French, so please don't be too harsh with me.

PM me if you need some help with our code!

Sayumi101
Veteran
Completed: Closing Spaces, Pastel Rain, Straight Up: Sister-zoned!, Run 'N Gun
Projects: Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~
Deviantart: Sayumi101
itch: sayumi101

#40 Post by Sayumi101 »

Service offered : GUI ARTIST

Hello hello! So I'm possibly not making an entire project from scratch this NaNoReNo (finishing up all WIPs), and I should have some time on the side to give out simple, not too complicated GUI.
Prefers otome/light and fluffy games with not too much heaviness involved.
Can provide the coding involved for the GUI.
Can also help with brainstorming if what you're writing is generic romance,

Samples:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=53045

If interested, PM me on here or discord Sayumi101 #2314

Team Acquired, Thank You!~
Last edited by Sayumi101 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

apentokrays
Completed: Flights of Fancy
Projects: The Lost Delinqunets of Rollings High
IRC Nick: chymesoo
Deviantart: chymesoo
itch: chymesoo
Discord: chymesoo#7918

#41 Post by apentokrays »

Good day/night (wherever you are from)
I'm an amateur artist who can offer sprites and lil bit of simple background...
looking for a casual group that could update even once a week, and have communication, preferably e-mail, viber, messenger.

I am still a newbie, trying to learn to draw constantly
Here's some of my art samples chymesoo.deviantart.com and instagram @chymesoo

Edit: 2/28/2019 found a group, good luck to everyone, I hope mine pans well too
Update: 3/2/2019kicked out because of different time zones (I'm UTC +8:00)

Found a group
Last edited by apentokrays on Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Art: chymesoo.deviantart.com

For hire, just PM me or e-mail:
chymesoo13@gmail.com

Discord: chymesoo#7918

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#42 Post by minyan »

Hello! My name is Minyan. I have a couple games in development and thought it would be fun to take a little break to do NaNo this year. This will be a free project. I will be handling sprites, GUI, CGs, and the writing, but any help would be welcomed!

Here are some examples of my work:
Sprites, GUI, backgrounds, writing: https://gourmetvisual.itch.io/heartbaked, https://minyan.itch.io/thepretendersguild, https://fablesoft.itch.io/ellaria-cotton-cream

I'm looking for:
EDIT

Marketing person (You would be responsible for tweeting progress updates or maintaining a tumblr (or both) for the game, and just generally getting the name out there!)

Proofreading/Testing: ClumsyRobot44
Backgrounds: Reikun
Sprites: Minyan
Writing: Minyan
Gui: Minyan
CG artist: Kyan Josbel
Composer: J-Ray
Editor: Zatomi
Programmer: Sandalphon

I have a rough outline for a sci-fi/drama with two love interests and a protagonist with some simple customization options, namely the pronoun. So it will be a BxG or BxB game. There will only be three characters, and a fairly contained plot, so I'm estimating about 30,000 words or so. The tone will generally be pretty serious, but there won't be any super heavy themes. The sci-fi aspects will be light, but there. It's set in a near future on Earth, so think tech like you might see in Black Mirror.

Some keywords:

Assassins, memory loss, a few steamy scenes (nothing outright NSFW)

Summary:

The MC wakes up in a hospital room with no memory of who they are. Their husband informs them of their name and history, but something doesn’t seem right. After a day going through their possessions and searching for a spark of meaning, the MC hears a voice in their head that breaks their already shattered world into pieces.

More in depth:

After leaving the hospital, the MC discovers they are an android working for an agency that "takes care" of high profile people like their husband when mistakes are made. Their mission was to infiltrate his life and assassinate him. Will they be able to go through with it, with their memories of their previous life inaccessible?

If it sounds at all like something you'd be interested in, send me a PM and I can share the google doc with more information!
Last edited by minyan on Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:29 am, edited 13 times in total.
ImageImage

vchan
Regular

#43 Post by vchan »

Delete
Last edited by vchan on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 26 times in total.

Neeka
Veteran
Completed: Hearts & Hexes; Winter Flower
Projects: Hearts and Hexes; Our Mountain; The Last Clan: Tale of Oni
Organization: Ostrich Burger Productions
IRC Nick: Neeka
itch: neeka-of-obp

#44 Post by Neeka »

[Deleted]
Last edited by Neeka on Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Evangeline Ingram

#45 Post by Evangeline Ingram »

I'm looking to build a team for Iron and Thorn, a mature, modern-fantasy VN focussed on a romance between enemy Magical Girls. The setting is dark, but their love has the power to transform it into something brighter - if the MC guides their fragile relationship well, and learns from any mistakes that they make.

The MC of this VN is a transgender woman, written by me, a transgender woman. It's also probably going to have at least one explicit sex scene in it. More to the point, "hurting the people you love" is going to be a major theme: that makes this mature content even without it having any sex in it.

There are four Bad Ends and one True End planned. The bad ends are:
- MC convinces Romantic Lead to join her side. They win the war together, but Romantic Lead loses people she cares about. The relationship is unhappy.
- The above, but with the roles reversed.
- MC chooses her side over her love, and kills Romantic Lead. She wins the war, but regrets it.
- The above, but with the roles reversed.

The True End is:
- MC and Romantic Lead learn to trust each other, and forge a compromise that becomes the foundation for a lasting peace. Something better than either side grows from the marriage of the two - as represented by the literal marriage of our two gay girls!

If need be, I will write and code this VN alone, using public-domain or cobbled-together assets for menus, BGs, sprites, etc. However, anyone who can fill one of the following roles, at any level, would be appreciated:

Sprite Artist:
Level 0: (Usable minimum.)
- Development of concept artwork from written description & reference art.
- A base sprite of the MC, and a base sprite of the main romantic lead.

Level 1: (Basic QOL.)
- Four to six facial expressions for the MC and the romantic lead's sprites.
- One costume change each for the MC and romantic lead.

Level 2: (Breathing life in.)
- Base sprites for 1-3 side characters.
- A CG for the True End.

Level 3: (Motion and beauty.)
- Four to six facial expressions for each side character.
- 2-3 arm movements for the MC and Romantic Lead's sprites.

Level 4: (Utter luxury.)
- A third costume change for the MC and Romantic Lead's sprites. Possibly nude sprites.
- What the fuck, the side characters get arm movements? Are you crazy?
- Next you'll be saying you want another three CGs. Or an R-18 CG. Best to quit while you're ahead.

Graphic/GUI Designer:
Level 0: (Usable minimum.)
- A logo.

Level 1: (Basic QOL.)
- A themed set of generic GUI elements, such as text boxes, menus, etc.

Level 2: (Breathing life.)
- 3-4 symbolic icons or logos to represent significant objects and/or characters with bit parts.

Level 3: (Motion and beauty.)
- A cool transition effect for magical girl transformations.
- A different cool transition effect for chapter breaks.

Level 4: (Utter luxury.)
- A whole second set of generic GUI elements, in a deliberately contrasting style, for scenes from the perspective of our Romantic Lead.

Background Artist:
Level 0: (Usable Minimum)
- You can find fitting Creative Commons stock shots of fairly common modern environments: Apartment interior, prison cell, forest, etc.

Level 1: (Basic QOL)
- You can also filter or otherwise manipulate those stock photos in order to bring out a mood.

Level 2: (Breathing Life)
- You're willing to draw a single big set-piece background for a landmark location we'll spend a lot of time in.

Level 3: (Motion and Beauty)
- You're willing to draw two or three of those.

Level 4: (Utter Luxury)
- You're willing to fucking draw all the backgrounds, you crazy person.

Composer
Level 4: (Utter Luxury)
- Having music for this game at all.

I am a starving student and can't offer any significant monetary payment for work. I am willing to offer payment in kind if there's something you'd like written, including R-18 work. Portfolio pieces are available on request.

If you're interested, please PM me, either here or on Discord. My Discord UID is Eva#5432.