Enwiss the Beloved [Nano2019][Romance,Fantasy, Horror]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Amiralo
Regular
Completed: What's your name? : 2017 nano reno, Saccharine: a misleading sim date. Reverie: an odd simdate. Where adabans grow: an asian simdate. Monochrome and colors.
Projects: Enwiss the Beloved
Organization: Amiralo
Deviantart: Amiralo

Enwiss the Beloved [Nano2019][Romance,Fantasy, Horror]

#1 Post by Amiralo »

Enwiss the Beloved

Premise:
You are standing barefoot at the edge of the woods in a night slip. You vaguely sense that you are no longer in your village. You don’t know how you got here. It took you 2 minutes to remember your own name.

But you somehow remember one thing.

Enwiss is your betrothed, and the fae of the woods took him.

You have to go get him back.

................................................................................................................................
Rowan
The protagonist of the game. Despite having amnesia, Rowan has the formidable presence of someone who is used to power-a habit that might not do them any favors in their current situation. All of their energy is focused on retrieving their fiance, come hell or high water

Enwiss
Bachelor #1. Rowan’s betrothed. His existence is one of the few things Rowan can recall, but the exact details are fuzzy.

Iollan
Bachelor #2: A Fae who possesses the vanity of a teenage girl and throws temper tantrums like a toddler. Humans are his hobby and Rowan is his newest distraction.
...................................................................................................................................

Questions

1. Who do you think will be the most interesting character?
2. Who do you think is the hottest character?
3. Which shipping do you think will be better? Rowan x Enwiss or Rowan x Iollan?

Progress: (I'm working on this alone, so it might take a while haha;;;)
Planning: 100%
Writing: 20%
Coding:0%
Sprites: 5%
Background: 0%
Last edited by Amiralo on Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 7 times in total.
My deviant art (where you can look at the embarrassing sim dates I have made). http://amiralo.deviantart.com/

My current project
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54150

nerupuff
Veteran

Re: Enwiss the Beloved [Nano2019][GXB,Fantasy, Horror]

#2 Post by nerupuff »

I was browsing through the Nano2019 WIP forum and clicked on your thread. Saw your art and I'm like... hey, this looks super familiar! I loved your art back then in What's Your Name. It's so cool to see another game with your really whimsical art! ^^ And I'm looking forward to seeing your updates.

1. I feel like Enwiss will be the most interesting character because there's so much to him that's yet to be learned. Very mysterious!
2. Honestly? I think it is Iollan! ^^;
3. Since I can't see what Rowan looks like and there's not much to know about their previous relationship with Enwiss, I'll go with Rowan x Iollan for now. I wonder how the horror aspect will happen here.

Good luck!
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!

Amiralo
Regular
Completed: What's your name? : 2017 nano reno, Saccharine: a misleading sim date. Reverie: an odd simdate. Where adabans grow: an asian simdate. Monochrome and colors.

#3 Post by Amiralo »

@nerupuff Rowan is the first blonde haha-she kind of looks a guy I'll admit ^^;;

As for horror..well, let's just say all three characters have fatal character flaws. Compounded together, things tend to go downhill pretty quickly.
My deviant art (where you can look at the embarrassing sim dates I have made). http://amiralo.deviantart.com/

My current project

Heiden
Regular
Completed: Elvine, The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers, Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend, Beyond the Deep, The Bog's Heart, The Girl With the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A
Projects: The Town Pages, Kill the Prince?! [Nano 2020]
Tumblr: heidengames
itch: Heiden

#4 Post by Heiden »

OMGGGGG NANO GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Im really interested in all of them, but right now I'm really gravitating towards Ewiss.... Like... Why did he disappear? Who is he? Who is Rowan???? WHO IS Iollan?!?!? I WANNA. KNOW.....

2. Im red hair trash so even though I havent even seen his face, I'm hoping its Ewiss :3c

3. I WANT... Lollan x Rowan x Ewiss LMAO. But honestly I feel like both have great potential. So both! :D :D

AND IM SO EXCITED TO SEE UR NANO PROJECT AAAHH!!!!! NEW AMIRALO GAME OMG.
Completed: Elvine (GxB), The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers (GxG)(As Writer, Coder), Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend (BxB), Beyond the Deep (GxB)(As Artist), The Bog's Heart, The Girl with the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A.

All available to play on my itch.io page!

juunishi master
Regular
Organization: Linemancer Works
itch: juunishi-master

#5 Post by juunishi master »

Hmm! I personally interested to know more about Rowan. There's going to be so much thing to unravel with her amnesia. Kinda expecting the unexpected.

I think it's Iollan, being a Fae and all. But, well, his personality is big nope, I guess. Difficult decision.

3. Which shipping do you think will be better? Rowan x Enwiss or Rowan x Iollan?
Rowan x Enwiss please. Thank you. :mrgreen:

Good luck with your project from fellow NaNoRenO-ers! :D (Mine is actually #intreimo, though, because I continue an on-going project)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#6 Post by Zelan »

1. Who do you think will be the most interesting character?: Iollan, probably, since he's not human and those kinds of characters are always fun.
2. Who do you think is the hottest character?: Rowan tbh. I really like androgynous characters, haha.
3. Which shipping do you think will be better? Rowan x Enwiss or Rowan x Iollan?: Probably Rowan and Enwiss - if she can remember him even through her amnesia, there has to be a good reason for it.

Good luck on your NaNo!

sonnenblumen
Regular
Projects: Project: Perfectly Normal

#7 Post by sonnenblumen »

Omg, this looks great!(☆ω☆*)I really love horror fantasy, so I'm curious to see how you'll combine these two genres with the story. Good luck with the project, I'll be looking forward to future updates!

Oh and to answer your questions:

1. Who do you think will be the most interesting character? I'm curious about all three characters to be honest. Of course, I'm curious about Iollan, being a Fae and all -- but Rowan's lost memories will be interesting. I suppose I'm most curious about Enwiss, since he's the titular character yet we don't really know anything about him. Who knows, maybe Enwiss isn't even who Rowan thinks he is.

2. Who do you think is the hottest character? Rowan is pretty handsome, even though she's the heroine. xD But out of the boys, I guess Iollan, since we can't really see Enwiss.

3. Which shipping do you think will be better? Rowan x Enwiss or Rowan x Iollan? Rowan x Iollan, I suppose, since I know the most about them so far.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#8 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Yosh, your thread's up and running! Don't worry, I know you can complete this. I did work with you after all!

Hmm, for now I believe Enwiss will be the most interesting. Seeing how you hinted Rowan can't recall much about him.

As for the hottest, I'll say Enwiss again since I like guys with those long ponytails. Yum.

Shipping wise...hmm. I'll say Rowan/Iollan. I want to see how she can possibly reign him in.

I'll be watching you~
ImageImageImageImage

Warden
Projects: Dragon of Beor Mountains
Organization: Intrigue Games
Deviantart: boxofmagicalfury
itch: intrigue

#9 Post by Warden »

Hmm, hard choice! I'm going to go with Enwiss to start with because he'll be mysterious, but I'm also interested in Iollan to see if he continues to act like a teenage girl.
2. Who do you think is the hottest character? Enwiss! The pony-tail does it and Iollan's personality isn't generally one I enjoy pursuing in games.
3. Which shipping do you think will be better? Rown x Enwiss for above reasons. :D Though they both sound interesting.

Good luck with Nano! I look forward to seeing the game. :)

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#10 Post by minyan »

I'm definitely interested in the Iollan route! I'm a sucker for nonhuman entities who act childish while thinking they're better than humans xD I need to see more of Enwiss before deciding on his hotness, but I think both routes have potential. Looking forward to seeing where this goes!
ImageImage

Amiralo
Regular

#11 Post by Amiralo »

Thank you for all the kind replies! I am writing furiously every day trying to get this game out haha.

Currently, the writing is 10% complete.

My current project

azaraih
Regular
Projects: Alectrona: Space Party, Deadnettle Creek
Tumblr: azaraih
itch: azaraih

#12 Post by azaraih »

This looks really cool so far! I'm curious about the mystery of what happened with Rowan and Enwiss. The part about Rowan having the presence of someone who's used to power is intriguing, I want to know more about who she was before she had amnesia, and it'll be interesting to see what things she remembers over the course of the game. Good luck, I'm definitely looking forward to finding out what happens!
Image Image

Amiralo
Regular

#13 Post by Amiralo »

Hit 5000 words and wrote the first proper normal ending.
Here, have a preview of the heroine's state of mind hahahaha

My current project

nerupuff
Veteran

#14 Post by nerupuff »

Rowan definitely seems likable. I'm already imagining how often she'd shout "Enwiss!!!!" in the woods, haha! Congrats on finishing an ending! Good luck with the rest~
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!

Syrale
Regular
Completed: Robot Daycare, Deep Sea Valentine, Locke(d)
Projects: Artificial Selection, rei_carnation
Github: kigyo
itch: kigyo
Discord: kigyo#2564

#15 Post by Syrale »

All of them have potential, but I'm most curious to find out how Rowan got into this situation!

Rowan. She gives me a determined and noble vibe, and her sketch is gorgeous!

Seeing as Rowan kind of has to take on the role of a babysitter in both of them, it's hard to decide! Guess I'll wait and see. :D