Final Chance [BxG][Fantasy]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

Final Chance [BxG][Fantasy]

#1 Post by Kokoro Hane »

FINAL CHANCE

A young man named Maravin lies bedridden, awaiting for his death, until a mysterious woman appears in his room.
She claims to be a Death Rite; a rare, legendary creature that is said to come to a dying person with a gift to ease one's passing.
This gift is a wish, to grant that person one thing they desire most.
Whilst he was never vocal about it, what Maravin desires most is to find love. The thought of dying alone was depressing, and he wished that if only he could have a little more time--
Thus, the Death Rite--Zanalia--grants him this wish, and for a limited time, Maravin will be free from his illness to capture the heart of a lady of his choosing, with even some time to spare to be with her.
His choice is to impress Princess Celeste, but is she the one his heart really wants in the end?

FEATURES:
- One ending per girl, no "bad" ends
- 2-3 original music pieces by ejtanmusic
- Complete tasks to impress the princess
- You get to choose a close friend or relative at the beginning of the game to accompany you
- You will meet other characters that may join your party (you can only have a max of 3 at a time)
- Platonic relationships included!
- Partial voice acting; sprinkles of vocalizations and special fully voiced scenes
(Note: if for any time constraints, the voice feature may be added later)

CHARACTERS
Note this is not everybody! I am only listing ones you will know about immediately for now~

MARAVIN - Our Hero
This is the player. Stricken with an illness, you are temporarily healed in order to fulfill your dreams of capturing a woman's heart!

JAHSU - The Best Friend
At the beginning of the game, he is one of the choices you have upon your heart to bring on your journey. He is your best friend, partner in crime, and a fairly good fighter. You two make a pretty good team. [Platonic]

KEI'LA - The Herbalist Girl
At the beginning of the game, she is one of the choices you have upon your heart to bring on your journey. A local herbalist you knew who showed you great kindness as you slowly descended in your illness. You've grown quite fond of her and don't trust anyone else with your health. She is 3 years your senior. [Romance-able]

MIRU - The Little Sister
At the beginning of the game, she is one of the choices you have upon your heart to bring on your journey. She is cute and cheery, and you always had fun together. She isn't very strong, but she boost morale and is a good cook. You are extremely protective of her. [Platonic]

PRINCESS CELESTE - Your Heart's Desire
She was the face that came to mind when Zanalia interpreted your wish to fall in love. Princess Celeste is a kind, sweet soul, loved by her people. But she will not be easy to impress - in an attempt to capture the young maiden's heart, you offer your services and will complete a set of tasks. If she falls for you, she will gladly let you take her hand in marriage. [Romance-able]

There are plans for at least 2 more romance-able heroines, and a possibility of 4 random characters you may take into your party. I am looking for people interested in possibly doing event CGs, so if any artists are interested, feel free to PM me ^^

CURRENT TEAM:
Kokoro Hane - Writer/Script
ejtanmusic - Music (only a few tracks)

ASSETS:
Sprites by Blue Forest, purchased from DLSite

[ DEV NOTES ]
So this is my project this year and I am quite confident about it! Unlike previous years, I actually have a schedule to work with, with all the writing planned to be completed in the first week and most of everything else for the remaining 3! After 7 years, I am confident I can finally defeat NaNoRenO! I am hoping the voice feature will make it into the game on instead of after, especially since me and my original team started NaNoRenO together back in 2012. It will be a pleasure to defeat it with them by my side, and I hope you guys will enjoy the journey as well! I have always wanted to make a Bishoujo game. Otome are fun and all, but there's so many of them. So I thought a clean Bishoujo fantasy title would be fun ^^
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

Re: Final Chance [BxG][Fantasy]

#2 Post by minyan »

This sounds really fun! I love the art style. I wish you guys luck! Can't wait to see more. I do worry about the "for a limited time," but no "bad" ends makes me less inclined to think the worst ;u;b I think my favorite character so far is Kei'la. The princess seems a little high maintenance but I guess that's the point xD
ImageImage

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more

#3 Post by Kokoro Hane »

minyan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:58 pm This sounds really fun! I love the art style. I wish you guys luck! Can't wait to see more. I do worry about the "for a limited time," but no "bad" ends makes me less inclined to think the worst ;u;b I think my favorite character so far is Kei'la. The princess seems a little high maintenance but I guess that's the point xD
I am pleased you find our project interesting! Glad you like Kei'la, she is one of my favourites too ^^
PROJECTS:
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Minor Update:
Celeste's theme has been composed
Voice actors from my usual team many confirmed interest
If voicework is able to be in the NaNo version, recording will begin the middle of the week
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Kokoro Hane »

So I got some good news and some bad news.

Bad news is.... I definitely cannot finish this by the deadline due to having dealt with some bouts of writer's block and random IRL stuff.

THE GOOD NEWS IS.... I can probably release a DEMO of it! Won't have vocalizations, but it'll be up to the first quest board.

The bonus news is.... I'll also be able to release a short project for IntRenAiMo in conjunction, since I have a finished project literally sitting there that just need my lazy ass to program the original assets, so there's that xD
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Okay so these last two days I need to work on the demo, so here's a screenshot! No, she will not be naked, this game is safe for work! xD
screenshot0007.png
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Soooo....

Unfortunately, I did not get the demo out for NaNoRenO.... oh well, but the good news is that means I can actually take time in making the quest board look all pretty in the demo! I have slated demo release for April 10th!

Oh and here's a beautiful 30 second sample of one of the main tracks composed by Eric Jeffrey Tan for "Final Chance"!

PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"