My Only Sunshine [Nano2019][GxB, GxG][Sci-Fi,Fantasy][Solar System Dating Sim]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
nerupuff
Veteran

Re: My Only Sunshine [Nano2019][GxB, GxG][Sci-Fi,Fantasy][Solar System Dating Sim]

#31 Post by nerupuff »

yoshibb wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:36 pm I can't wait to show off what we've created at the end of this month. We may not be completely finished but I think we can come close. Speaking of which, we now have writers for the last three characters! Empish has offered to take Ur's route and Zelan will be writing Mars and Venus! That means there will ultimately be a route for everyone.
Loving Neptune's design! She looks so fierce! I wonder if I'll like her even though she bullies Pluto... We'll have to see! Honestly, at this point, I am so excited to see how each of the routes will pan out. Good luck to the writers! This is definitely a big project, but I can tell that you guys will be able to finish this. I'm rooting for you all!

Pluto is up next, I'm so excited!
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!

nekobara
Regular

Re: My Only Sunshine [Nano2019][GxB, GxG][Sci-Fi,Fantasy][Solar System Dating Sim]

#32 Post by nekobara »

After seeing what Neptune looks like, I went back and re-read her description. I think she's my favorite character now. Haha.

And I realize now that I've commented so many times, but I've yet to wish everyone that's a part of this project good luck. I apologize for that, and good luck!!!
Also, I'm really happy that you've found writers for Ur, Mars, and Venus!
*meow*

yoshibb
Veteran

#33 Post by yoshibb »

nekobara wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:15 am After seeing what Neptune looks like, I went back and re-read her description. I think she's my favorite character now. Haha.

And I realize now that I've commented so many times, but I've yet to wish everyone that's a part of this project good luck. I apologize for that, and good luck!!!
Also, I'm really happy that you've found writers for Ur, Mars, and Venus!
Haha, no worries. I'm so happy to hear that all the designs are appealing to everyone! I'm also thrilled to have a team of writers so that everyone can be romanced as originally intended.
nerupuff wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:38 am Loving Neptune's design! She looks so fierce! I wonder if I'll like her even though she bullies Pluto... We'll have to see! Honestly, at this point, I am so excited to see how each of the routes will pan out. Good luck to the writers! This is definitely a big project, but I can tell that you guys will be able to finish this. I'm rooting for you all!

Pluto is up next, I'm so excited!
Pluto and Neptune's relationship is very complicated. Poor Pluto does his best to stay out of her way T.T

Speaking of which, our final sprite reveal, Pluto. He's timid and passive, he tries his best not to bother anyone. Despite Sun's urging, he feels like he doesn't belong with the others. Although there has been pressure to kick Pluto out of Sun's official line of planets, Sun has always refused to, much to Pluto's confusion. That doesn't stop him from being picked on unfortunately.

The full lineup! I may not be doing daily updates like I have been to avoid spoilers but I'll be sharing screenshots when I can as well as updates to the writing progress!

awsome2464
Completed: REDD War, REDD War: Showtime
Projects: Berry Street
Organization: Good Tales
itch: goodtalesvn
Discord: awsome2464

#34 Post by awsome2464 »

What a clever concept! I can't wait to see the final result!

NiccyNeko
Projects: An Amaranthine Tryst [NaNo19]

#35 Post by NiccyNeko »

I absolutely love all the planets! My personal favorite is Saturn because I can relate to keeping a distance from people to avoid hurting them, it's somewhere I've been before. Plus she's a total knockout, I mean WOW those eyes! I also love her planetary ring necklaces, which are perfect both in relation to the planet and her personality.
Like I said in an earlier post, I think all the characters bring so many unique personality traits to the game that I think pretty much everybody who plays this game will find at least one character they can relate to on a personal level. That kind of development really makes players themselves a part of the experience and adds a lot to the overall enjoyment of the game.
I've actually been telling my friends about this project too, I think it's a great original idea that I can't wait to play.
I know what you mean about running out of update topics, we're kind of getting close to that point ourselves in our project. Soon it'll be time to go back and cross all the 'i's and dot all the 't's and... (wait, no, do that the other way around.) Don't worry about not being able to update as often as you have been, I'm sure we'll all understand and I know for sure we're not the only ones excited to see the end result, so taking time to focus on all the fine details is a good thing!
Keep up all the good work you've been up to this month, and thanks for sharing your journey on this project with all of us here :)
~~~ <3 Allie and Lexie

Ermytarya
Regular
Projects: I am working on something, dunno about how to name it yet.

#36 Post by Ermytarya »

I love the idea of this game, also i love the characters design my favorites are sun, earth and pluto designs but, all of them look so good!
Good luck with this!
I'll be stalking this thread! :D

nerupuff
Veteran

#37 Post by nerupuff »

PLUTO'S DESIGN IS ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! And also sad-looking, in a way that I can tell he does feel left out all the time. I want to protect him. Looking forward to more updates! ^^
ImageImage

yoshibb
Veteran

#38 Post by yoshibb »

awsome2464 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:57 pm What a clever concept! I can't wait to see the final result!
Thanks for the support :D
NiccyNeko wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:45 am I absolutely love all the planets! My personal favorite is Saturn because I can relate to keeping a distance from people to avoid hurting them, it's somewhere I've been before. Plus she's a total knockout, I mean WOW those eyes! I also love her planetary ring necklaces, which are perfect both in relation to the planet and her personality.
Like I said in an earlier post, I think all the characters bring so many unique personality traits to the game that I think pretty much everybody who plays this game will find at least one character they can relate to on a personal level. That kind of development really makes players themselves a part of the experience and adds a lot to the overall enjoyment of the game.
I've actually been telling my friends about this project too, I think it's a great original idea that I can't wait to play.
I know what you mean about running out of update topics, we're kind of getting close to that point ourselves in our project. Soon it'll be time to go back and cross all the 'i's and dot all the 't's and... (wait, no, do that the other way around.) Don't worry about not being able to update as often as you have been, I'm sure we'll all understand and I know for sure we're not the only ones excited to see the end result, so taking time to focus on all the fine details is a good thing!
Keep up all the good work you've been up to this month, and thanks for sharing your journey on this project with all of us here :)
Thank you so much for the thoughtful comment! I'm happy to hear you're excited enough for this project that you've shared it with your friends! I'm loving what Runa has written so far for Saturn's route so I'm happy to see her getting some love!
Ermytarya wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:26 pm I love the idea of this game, also I love the characters design my favorites are sun, earth and pluto designs but, all of them look so good!
Good luck with this!
I'll be stalking this thread! :D
I'm glad you like it! And those three are definitely pretty popular which makes me happy :D Hope you'll enjoy the final game!
nerupuff wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:04 am PLUTO'S DESIGN IS ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! And also sad-looking, in a way that I can tell he does feel left out all the time. I want to protect him. Looking forward to more updates! ^^
Yay! He does need protection, poor boy. Happy to see him getting the love he deserves.

Ok so, our first background is finished, Sun's bedroom, which I had to share with you all! I think Antizaba did a wonderful job with it!

Also, I'm doing a poll to find out the current favorite among the Planets. The winner will got their own short vignette/story centered on them as a sneak preview of what's to come in their route! So make sure to choose wisely! https://linkto.run/p/4C2XH4LC

yoshibb
Veteran

#39 Post by yoshibb »

Things are still going well. The GUI is almost finished and I just finished the rough draft of Jupiter's route. I'm hoping we can have the general build of the game and prologue script ready by the end of this week. For now, since Pluto won the favorite poll, we asked for his response!

Last edited by yoshibb on Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ermytarya
Regular

#40 Post by Ermytarya »

It's only me who can't see the image? Now i am curious and sad >:C I want to seeee!

yoshibb
Veteran

#41 Post by yoshibb »

Ermytarya wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:50 pm It's only me who can't see the image? Now i am curious and sad >:C I want to seeee!
Oh no D: That's no good. I changed the image host on the previous post but if you still can't see it here's the twitter post link: https://twitter.com/Yoshebb/status/1107733362679169029

I have some great news today! The GUI is finished and the skeleton build is completed thanks to Empish and Sayumi. It's amazing, they came up with features I never even thought of! I also finished the last of the sprite expressions last night, so tonight I'll be scripting the prologue. Here's the first screenshots :D

Also, as a brief aside, if anyone has trouble viewing the images I post here, I always upload higher quality images to my twitter page linked in my signature just in case.

nerupuff
Veteran

#42 Post by nerupuff »

The GUI is so unique, I love how it's all of the planets! <3 Also, seeing a blushing Pluto with a small smile really made my day today! I'm really hyped~
ImageImage

Ermytarya
Regular

#43 Post by Ermytarya »

It's so adorable! Oh! Pluto you butiful cinnamon roll! It's so cute!! I can't take so much adorableness, i overload!
I am glad he won! B-baka it's no like i voted for him or anything! XD
I like the GUI, it's suit your game very much! and the detail of the planets there, it's really nice! Well, i dont know what else to say but, that your game is looking so good!
Looking forward to play this game!

yoshibb
Veteran

#44 Post by yoshibb »

Ermytarya wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:49 am It's so adorable! Oh! Pluto you butiful cinnamon roll! It's so cute!! I can't take so much adorableness, i overload!
I am glad he won! B-baka it's no like i voted for him or anything! XD
I like the GUI, it's suit your game very much! and the detail of the planets there, it's really nice! Well, i dont know what else to say but, that your game is looking so good!
Looking forward to play this game!
I know he's so cute, he deserves it. Thank you for the compliments on the design! I really love the GUI as well :D
nerupuff wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:58 am The GUI is so unique, I love how it's all of the planets! <3 Also, seeing a blushing Pluto with a small smile really made my day today! I'm really hyped~
Thanks! I'm excited to make sure it lives up to that hype!

So we've decided instead of releasing only 1 or 2 routes on the 31st, we're going to release more content altogether on April 6th. I'd like to try to get what we have as polished as possible and maybe add another sprite or two and I think that extra week will really help with that. But rest assured, we will be releasing a big chunk of the game on April 6th!

Here's some more screenshots, little previews of Jupiter's and Pluto's routes, the two biggest sweethearts just happen to be the smallest and largest planets in the solar system:

yoshibb
Veteran

#45 Post by yoshibb »

Just wanted to give you all a quick update about our plans. We've decided on the following release schedule:

April 4th: Jupiter, Neptune, Pluto
The week of April 7th-14th: Terra, Saturn, Ur
TBD: Mercury, Mars, and Venus

Right now, Jupiter and Pluto are 99% finished and Neptune about 90%. The next three routes to be released just need some extra time on the writing front but I have confidence we can finish those with the extra week. The release schedule for the last three is a bit up in the air, but the team is dedicated to finishing this project! We are also planning to add some additional assets like CGs in further updates. But for now, I hope that you all will enjoy the routes being released on the 4th!

Here's a few screenshots to help hold you over :D