One Last Salty Kiss [Romance] [Supernatural] [Kinetic] [NSFW] [NaNo19]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
fullmontis
Regular
Deviantart: fullmontis
itch: fullmontis

One Last Salty Kiss [Romance] [Supernatural] [Kinetic] [NSFW] [NaNo19]

#1 Post by fullmontis »

cover3.png
Type: Kinetic (no branches)
Word count: ~19500 words
Price: Free
Contains 9 CGs and OST
Rating: NSFW (light nudity and sexual content)
Made in a month for the NaNoRenO 2019 Visual Novel Jam

Story

"Would you rather lose your past,
or live with the pain that it caused?"
After getting out of a broken relationship, Michele escapes
from his daily life to the beach, in the hopes of clearing his past.

But there he will meet Azzurra, a girl who lost her memory.
Helping her will prove harder than expected,
creating challenges that will strengthen their relationship...

Screenshots
screenshot00111.jpg
screenshot0013.jpg
screenshot0011.jpg
screenshot0012.jpg

Wight
Regular
Completed: A Transient Experiment
itch: wight

Re: One Last Salty Kiss [Romance] [Supernatural] [Kinetic] [NSFW] [NaNo19]

#2 Post by Wight »

I knew I'd love Giovanni, the first scene was enough to win me over~

The back-and-forth teasing was also cute and fun. Playful and witty while not being overdone or mean-spirited. Plenty of times where they were serious, yet also used humor to lighten the mood and cheer each other up.

There's little music, but I like the calm and gentleness of the music box. The ambiance of the waves also works well to give it more sound. I also really liked the "bonk" sound effect for some of the gags, ehehe. Just a little too silent at times, but I still think quietness works for the sad, lonely tone it had.
Wave transition is also nice touch.
At first, I was wondering if Azzurra was originally a mermaid and that being unable to walk really meant that it was because she didn't know how to use her legs. But then I started doubting that theory when Michele couldn't bring Azzurra with him to the hotel, like she was trapped there. And once Michele brought up her name to Giovanni and it made him uncomfortable, then it started to make sense and made me tear up a little when it was confirmed that she died. Still, I was excited because I really like the idea of Romance involving ghosts, something feels really romantic about how not even death can separate love.
In the end, Michele losing another girl that he fell in love with must be harsh, but with this encounter it seems like he's learning how important it is to let go, similar to how Giovanni learns to let go of the loss of his daughter. It's tragic, but still sweet.
Glad to see you finally tell the story you've been wanting to write! Was definitely worth reading and I'm glad I took the chance!

By the way, there are some grammar errors that I caught that I'd be willing to give you a hand with fixing. I already took screenshots to keep track of them.
If so, let me know how we can figure it out. Maybe I can send you a list of sentences with my edits, or you can send me the script file and I can send it back with comments and suggestions.

fullmontis
Regular

#3 Post by fullmontis »

Updated the story to version 1.1.0:
  • Added CG Gallery
  • Added Concept Art Gallery with a short commentary on the development process.
Here is a little preview of the concept art gallery:

s.jpg

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#4 Post by Zelan »

I enjoyed this VN a lot! The beginning felt a bit slow, and the gag with Azzurra not being able to stand up felt like it went on for longer than it needed to, so I was a little bit iffy about it at first, but as I continued playing it I got super attached to the characters. (Especially Giovanni - it's really hard not to like someone who's such a genuinely nice guy after everything he's had to deal with.) I liked the development of the relationship between Michele and Azzurra.
I'm a huge sucker for stories that have a ghost falling in love with a living person - it always, always, always makes for a really sad but sweet story, and I'm so glad that he was able to help her and Giovanni, and himself, move on because of it. The sex scenes were fantastic; they were tastefully illustrated and written and really added to the way Azzurra and Michele's relationship developed, so it wasn't just sex for the sake of sex. (Although sex in the ocean is just an A+ fantasy tbh so I probably would have still enjoyed it quite a bit even if it was.)
And oh man oh man okay I don't know if you did this on purpose or not, but the way that the whole thing started with Michele trying to give Azzurra CPR - so like, literally breathing life into her - and then ended with HER breathing life into HIM so that he could make it back up to the surface? What an absolutely amazing CYCLE NARRATIVE like dude I was ready to write a whole ass scholarly essay about it!!! it was just so poetic holy shit
So yeah, really enjoyed this! I'm not a huge fan of horror but I'll definitely be looking into Creepy Lily when it comes out. (:

fullmontis
Regular

#5 Post by fullmontis »

Zelan wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:19 pm I enjoyed this VN a lot! The beginning felt a bit slow, and the gag with Azzurra not being able to stand up felt like it went on for longer than it needed to, so I was a little bit iffy about it at first, but as I continued playing it I got super attached to the characters. (Especially Giovanni - it's really hard not to like someone who's such a genuinely nice guy after everything he's had to deal with.) I liked the development of the relationship between Michele and Azzurra.
I'm a huge sucker for stories that have a ghost falling in love with a living person - it always, always, always makes for a really sad but sweet story, and I'm so glad that he was able to help her and Giovanni, and himself, move on because of it. The sex scenes were fantastic; they were tastefully illustrated and written and really added to the way Azzurra and Michele's relationship developed, so it wasn't just sex for the sake of sex. (Although sex in the ocean is just an A+ fantasy tbh so I probably would have still enjoyed it quite a bit even if it was.)
And oh man oh man okay I don't know if you did this on purpose or not, but the way that the whole thing started with Michele trying to give Azzurra CPR - so like, literally breathing life into her - and then ended with HER breathing life into HIM so that he could make it back up to the surface? What an absolutely amazing CYCLE NARRATIVE like dude I was ready to write a whole ass scholarly essay about it!!! it was just so poetic holy shit
So yeah, really enjoyed this! I'm not a huge fan of horror but I'll definitely be looking into Creepy Lily when it comes out. (:
Thank you Zelan, I'm really happy that you gave it a chance and liked it in the end. You're right, the first part could use some work. And let's just say that what you talk about in the spoiler was a happy accident :D Although I tend to look for circular narratives whenever I can.

fullmontis
Regular

#6 Post by fullmontis »

Version 1.3.0 Released!

In this version a spanish translation of the game is available. All credit for the translation goes to José Til Tudela who worked hard to make this translation possible. Huge thanks!

scren2.jpg
scren1.jpg
scren0.jpg

Get it here: https://fullmontis.itch.io/one-last-salty-kiss