My Only Sunshine [Nano2019][GxB, GxG][Sci-Fi,Fantasy][Solar System Otome]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
yoshibb
Veteran

My Only Sunshine [Nano2019][GxB, GxG][Sci-Fi,Fantasy][Solar System Otome]

#1 Post by yoshibb »

Please consider supporting us on Patreon!

Our NanoReNo 2019 game is finished... sort of! We finished up 3 routes and plan to release the rest later on. Hope you enjoy!
Once every millenium, Sun holds a huge gathering of the planetary spirits. While Sun has found herself down in the dumps recently -- including a relationship with Terra (Earth) that is on the rocks and what she now considers a largely mundane, solitary existence -- she hopes that the get together will brighten things up. However, after Terra ruins her event with his reckless behavior, Sun decides it's time to play the field and chooses a new planetary partner.
Yoshibb - Artist, writer for prologue, Terra, and Jupiter
Empish - Writer for Ur, Pluto, and Neptune
Runa - Writer for Mercury and Saturn
Zelan - Writer for Mars and Venus
Sayumi101 - GUI designer
Antizaba - BG Artist
Tavian St. James - Music
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Release Schedule:
Jupiter, Neptune, and Pluto - AVAILABLE NOW
Saturn, Ur, and Terra - April 17th
Mercury, Mars, and Venus - TBD

Questions:

1. Who is your favorite character?

2. What route are you looking forward to most?

3. If you could add anything to the game what would it be?
Last edited by yoshibb on Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Virelai
Regular

Re: My Only Sunshine [Nano2019][GxB, GxG][Sci-Fi,Fantasy][Solar System Otome]

#2 Post by Virelai »

First of all, congratulations for finishing your game for NanoReno! I'm sure it was not an easy feat--especially with how polished this VN is--and I'm very eager to play through the rest of the routes! Thank you and your team for all the hard work that you have put in (-:
Now, I want to make note of a few things first before I answer the questions!
1. The GUI is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!! The Sun Spots are so so cute, and the layout of the Menu screen as well as the other pages really fit the tone of the VN.
2. The soundtrack fits in well with the varying scenes. It sets the mood for what Sun is feeling and I thoroughly enjoyed it. (I actually played it at full volume whereas for other VNs I find that the music can be too obnoxious...this was perfect!)
3. Props to you and your team for coming up with such a unique story idea. Granted, a lot of successful VNs are unique in their storyline, however, I feel like this idea of planets as human-like beings is something that hasn't been explored yet. You could consider yourself VN pioneers :wink:

QUESTIONS:
1. Pluto is my favorite character.
I love how you dressed him up in a warm coat hehe, that was such a cute and unique play on how his planet is vv cold. Not only that, I guess I have a soft spot for him and what he struggles with. I appreciate how each character in general has their owns strengths and weaknesses, and how those strengths and weaknesses tie into the characteristics of the planet.
2. I'm looking forward to all their routes! I'm sure that each route will have their own special quirks.
3. I think right now your game is perfect and not much should be added. If you do happen to get a chance, adding voice actors wouldn't hurt either.

Congrats on your release! I'm a huge fan and looking forward to what you'll make (-:

*Note* I'm not sure if this is an error on my part but is the entire route for Jupiter, Neptune, and Pluto released or just the first part? I ask this because once it lets me select which planet I have a preference for, the game ends there.

Ermytarya
Regular
Projects: I am working on something, dunno about how to name it yet.

#3 Post by Ermytarya »

I already mention this on twiter but, are the routes that short? when i had to pick after the party, the game ends there? But it says the routes are released, so it's a bug?
Well, Terra seems to be a interesting route too! In the midtime i'll look forward for his route release!
Congrats on the release!

yoshibb
Veteran

#4 Post by yoshibb »

Oh my God, you're right! I was tired after last night and didn't check it properly. I'm going in right now and fixing it. Thanks for letting me know! I'll have it fixed and updated tonight.

Edit: Problem solved, hopefully. New downloads are up. Let me know if there's anymore bugs!

yoshibb
Veteran

#5 Post by yoshibb »

Virelai wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:41 pm First of all, congratulations for finishing your game for NanoReno! I'm sure it was not an easy feat--especially with how polished this VN is--and I'm very eager to play through the rest of the routes! Thank you and your team for all the hard work that you have put in (-:
Now, I want to make note of a few things first before I answer the questions!
1. The GUI is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!! The Sun Spots are so so cute, and the layout of the Menu screen as well as the other pages really fit the tone of the VN.
2. The soundtrack fits in well with the varying scenes. It sets the mood for what Sun is feeling and I thoroughly enjoyed it. (I actually played it at full volume whereas for other VNs I find that the music can be too obnoxious...this was perfect!)
3. Props to you and your team for coming up with such a unique story idea. Granted, a lot of successful VNs are unique in their storyline, however, I feel like this idea of planets as human-like beings is something that hasn't been explored yet. You could consider yourself VN pioneers :wink:

QUESTIONS:
1. Pluto is my favorite character.
I love how you dressed him up in a warm coat hehe, that was such a cute and unique play on how his planet is vv cold. Not only that, I guess I have a soft spot for him and what he struggles with. I appreciate how each character in general has their owns strengths and weaknesses, and how those strengths and weaknesses tie into the characteristics of the planet.
2. I'm looking forward to all their routes! I'm sure that each route will have their own special quirks.
3. I think right now your game is perfect and not much should be added. If you do happen to get a chance, adding voice actors wouldn't hurt either.

Congrats on your release! I'm a huge fan and looking forward to what you'll make (-:

*Note* I'm not sure if this is an error on my part but is the entire route for Jupiter, Neptune, and Pluto released or just the first part? I ask this because once it lets me select which planet I have a preference for, the game ends there.
First, thank you for all your compliments! We all worked super hard on this game and we're still going strong on the next round of routes so encouragement like this is big help! Astronomy and especially our solar system was one of those things I loved learning about so I wanted to find a way to portray that in game form. Designing the characters was a lot of fun.

I hope that you've been able to play the fixed version, Pluto in particular is really cute and I also really like his moon Charon aka his big fluffy white dog <3

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#6 Post by minyan »

I just finished playing through Jupiter's route! It was very interesting. I love the lore you guys have come up with and would have liked it to be explored in a bigger setting. There are lots of cool ideas. I especially liked the scene in Jupiter's route where Terra busts in and you find out what he's been hiding. It was a tad short for my tastes, but...considering it was done for nano, it's hard to ask for more. xD Jupiter's route was very cute overall, and I'm curious about Sun's dynamic with the other characters!

The intro might have been my favorite part. It set everyone up well and Terra's outburst was s c a n d a l o u s. I think my jaw literally dropped. I'm also curious how much of it was him complaining and how much Sun really did need to get her shit together, so I'm REALLY excited to get some answers on that.

I want to play through again to see more of them, so I'm not sure yet. I did really like my brief interaction with Venus, and would like to know more about his past with Sun.

Terra. I've just GOTTA see how they get a happy end, because PHEW that breakup was rough.

Probably just more time. Maybe a longer grieving period where Sun seeks comfort from her friends instead of jumping into who she's considering from her next relationship. That could kind of set the building blocks for the route, too. CGs would also be a nice addition to an otherwise pretty visually polished game.

Oh, and one more thing, I love how their personalities and lifestyles in a way were also tied to actually sciencey...planet stuff. Like Neptune being a dancer. Seeing how they handle their planetary duties was very cool!
ImageImage

yoshibb
Veteran

#7 Post by yoshibb »

minyan wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:38 am I just finished playing through Jupiter's route! It was very interesting. I love the lore you guys have come up with and would have liked it to be explored in a bigger setting. There are lots of cool ideas. I especially liked the scene in Jupiter's route where Terra busts in and you find out what he's been hiding. It was a tad short for my tastes, but...considering it was done for nano, it's hard to ask for more. xD Jupiter's route was very cute overall, and I'm curious about Sun's dynamic with the other characters!

The intro might have been my favorite part. It set everyone up well and Terra's outburst was s c a n d a l o u s. I think my jaw literally dropped. I'm also curious how much of it was him complaining and how much Sun really did need to get her shit together, so I'm REALLY excited to get some answers on that.

I want to play through again to see more of them, so I'm not sure yet. I did really like my brief interaction with Venus, and would like to know more about his past with Sun.

Terra. I've just GOTTA see how they get a happy end, because PHEW that breakup was rough.

Probably just more time. Maybe a longer grieving period where Sun seeks comfort from her friends instead of jumping into who she's considering from her next relationship. That could kind of set the building blocks for the route, too. CGs would also be a nice addition to an otherwise pretty visually polished game.

Oh, and one more thing, I love how their personalities and lifestyles in a way were also tied to actually sciencey...planet stuff. Like Neptune being a dancer. Seeing how they handle their planetary duties was very cool!
Yay! I've been super excited to see what you thought of it! I'm happy to hear you liked Jupiter's route. I loved writing him. He tries so hard for Sun and he's a bottle of pent up emotions and stress because of it. I will take into account your suggestions about the pacing though because ideally, I'd like to add more content as time goes on. Also, you'll be happy to know I added a CG for Jupiter's route that will be available in the next update!

Now as for Terra, I love seeing the reaction he's been getting and that so many people are interested in his route. I was worried no one would play him cause he was kind of... mean at the end of the prologue. He's such a complicated character and he's so much fun to write. I hope that you enjoy what I've come up with in his route and please let me know what you think!

At this point I think we're over 70,000 words which is crazy, never thought it would be that much. I know we're a bit delayed on the schedule but I wanted to make sure everything was perfect so the team has been trying not to rush. However, I think I can set the release of Terra, Saturn, and Ur for tomorrow during #indiedevhour on twitter, so keep an eye out! I'll post it here too.

By the way, if anyone wants to know more about the real Planets, we've added a glossary in the Extras section. Hoping to also eventually have an open gallery as well.

yoshibb
Veteran

#8 Post by yoshibb »

Second release batch is finished! Click the download button above to download the new version. Terra, Saturn, and Ur are all unlocked. We've also got an extended ending for Neptune and a new CG for Jupiter. We've even added an android version as well!

Please enjoy everyone, this concludes our long NanoReno effort. The last three routes will be coming along with other content additions but at a more moderate pace. I need to go recharge for a few days.

By the way, if anyone needs a guide, let me know and I'll post one.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#9 Post by minyan »

Yaaaay, congratulations! I can't wait to see the new CG and get started on the other routes.

Thank you for your hard work!
ImageImage

Ermytarya
Regular
Projects: I am working on something, dunno about how to name it yet.

#10 Post by Ermytarya »

I finish playing this. Well, i actually did not play the girls routes because i am not interesed in them¯\_(シ)_/¯

Even so that pluto was my fav in the wip thread, i ended up liking way more Terra route(tragic endings are 80000/10 on my book!)
So yeah , i got at first his bad ending then, i tried a 2 and 3rd time and failed at getting his good ending but, anyway i like his bad ending more then what i should, because i really like tragic love stories, and that ending was quite something. Adorable Terra, he is so adorable!

Jupiter route was cute, excelent balance of steamy and cute! kudos to the writer.

Pluto was fun but, no my favorite and Ur, well i usually like logic characters but, i got bored in Ur route and i did not finish playing it. I doubt i will ever play it because i don't have much time these days.

I like astronomy, so this game was really fun for me.

yoshibb
Veteran

#11 Post by yoshibb »

Ermytarya wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:45 pm I finish playing this. Well, i actually did not play the girls routes because i am not interesed in them¯\_(シ)_/¯

Even so that pluto was my fav in the wip thread, i ended up liking way more Terra route(tragic endings are 80000/10 on my book!)
So yeah , i got at first his bad ending then, i tried a 2 and 3rd time and failed at getting his good ending but, anyway i like his bad ending more then what i should, because i really like tragic love stories, and that ending was quite something. Adorable Terra, he is so adorable!

Jupiter route was cute, excelent balance of steamy and cute! kudos to the writer.

Pluto was fun but, no my favorite and Ur, well i usually like logic characters but, i got bored in Ur route and i did not finish playing it. I doubt i will ever play it because i don't have much time these days.

I like astronomy, so this game was really fun for me.
I'm glad you found the time to enjoy it! Terra is very complicated so it's great you enjoyed his route even the tragic version! He is adorable, I agree ;)

So big announcement! We've decided to do full voice acting! We have a great cast and we want to have the prologue voiced and perfect by August 2019. The plan is to put this demo up on Steam and then hopefully fund the rest of the project from there.

Speaking of funding! We now have a Patreon page. If you are interested in this project please consider supporting us. I'd love to add all the features the team has been discussing but it helps to have the additional support and know that people would like to see more.

Here is the link for our Patreon. Please check it out!