Scrollbars/Sliders with Partially Transparent Thumbs? (Solved)

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Katy133
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Eight Sweets, The Heart of Tales, [redacted] Life, Must Love Jaws, A Tune at the End of the World, Three Guys That Paint, The Journey of Ignorance, Portal 2.5.
Projects: The Butler Detective
Tumblr: katy-133
Deviantart: Katy133
Soundcloud: Katy133
itch: katy133

Scrollbars/Sliders with Partially Transparent Thumbs? (Solved)

#1 Post by Katy133 »

I've customised the Scrollbar and Slider "thumb" .png files (in their respectively titled folders) with images that are partially-transparent (the images look like rounded rectangles--the rounded edges are what's transparent, and the rectangle is what's solid/opaque). But when I open the visual novel (and go to the History/Credits/Preferences menus where the Scrollbars/Sliders are used), the parts that should be transparent appear as white instead. How do I fix the Scrollbar and Slider thumbs so that the transparent parts don't appear as white in the VN?

The code for the Scrollbar and Slider:

Code: Select all

style vscrollbar:
    xsize gui.scrollbar_size
    base_bar Frame("gui/scrollbar/vertical_bar.png", gui.vscrollbar_borders, tile=gui.scrollbar_tile)
    thumb Frame("gui/scrollbar/vertical_[prefix_]thumb.png", gui.vscrollbar_borders, tile=gui.scrollbar_tile)

style slider:
    ysize gui.slider_size
    base_bar Frame("gui/slider/horizontal_[prefix_]bar.png", gui.slider_borders, tile=gui.slider_tile)
    thumb "gui/slider/horizontal_[prefix_]thumb.png"
Last edited by Katy133 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

My Website, which lists my visual novels.
Become a patron on my Patreon!

Katy133
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Eight Sweets, The Heart of Tales, [redacted] Life, Must Love Jaws, A Tune at the End of the World, Three Guys That Paint, The Journey of Ignorance, Portal 2.5.
Projects: The Butler Detective
Tumblr: katy-133
Deviantart: Katy133
Soundcloud: Katy133
itch: katy133

Re: Scrollbars/Sliders with Partially Transparent Thumbs?

#2 Post by Katy133 »

Empish on Discord was able to help me with this. (Thank you!)

If the thumb uses transparency you need to add the following underneath the scrollbars' style:

Code: Select all

thumb_offset x
"x" being a smaller number than the size of the image.
ImageImage

My Website, which lists my visual novels.
Become a patron on my Patreon!