[48hrs on Kickstarter] Silver:Line - Animated Visual Novel [BxG] [GxB] [BxB] [GxG] [Fantasy; Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
CodeV
Regular

[48hrs on Kickstarter] Silver:Line - Animated Visual Novel [BxG] [GxB] [BxB] [GxG] [Fantasy; Romance]

#1 Post by CodeV »

DEMO IS LIVE
Or Click here!

The project is in development, if you find any glitches or bugs and wish to report them to the dev.
You can find us on discord or twitter!

Our Kickstarter is live!!!
Check it out right here~
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/co ... ual-novel/

The demo is available for Windows and MacOS [32bit and 64bit]
1 hour and 45 minutes of gameplay [2 hours and more if you try every choice]
Fully voiced by our amazing cast [Full game will only be partially voiced unless stretch goal is reached.]
11 CGs included.

There are some known bugs, but you can read more about it on the itch.io page.

Silver:Line is fantasy themed visual novel created by our small development team Codev Productions.
It is a story where the player’s choices will lead them into a different story.
Their choices will have great impact on which direction the story unfolds.

Unlike most stories where the player is the main hero,
your character here is actually a support for our main heroes and heroines,
you are a character in THEIR stories.

Our main character was assigned as an empire scholar,
they're responsible for researches, records and various official paperwork.

But as fate would have it, they were thrown into a turmoil of events,
the murder of monarchy was pinned on their back, a scapegoat for the real villain.
Having no choice but to flee the country, the main character embarks on a journey filled with a colourful cast.

[Trying our best to avoid spoilers]

Follow us on Twitter for daily development updates! Or check out our itch.io page! We also have a Discord
channel that's waiting for you!

Fully animated Sprites [Animated in Live2D]
Main character gender-choice
8 Romance routes [6 + 2 hidden characters]
Original Soundtrack [Composed by DiburMusic]
Partial Voiceacting
Wide choices

DEMO DETAILS - 26/05/2019 [Tentative release date]
⋄ 15,000++ words - Includes Prologue, Chapter I and Chapter II
⋄ 12 CG Scenes
⋄ Fully voiced by English Cast
⋄ Live2D Sprites - Main cast and NPC included

Play as either the male or female protagonist. Characters will react differently depending on
your gender.

Meet our main cast! Ranging from archetypes and tropes we all learnt to hate and love.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Screenshots from the game, we plan to have different CGs for both our main characters to give it
a much more personalized touch. Some graphics are still sudjected to changes.

FAQ
How many people are working on this?
Currently, there's only 3 active members working on Silver:Line.
You guys posted a couple of titles in the forum before, what happened to them?
Many of the key developers from those project has left CodeV Production or are occupied with life.
As a team, we have decided that it was better to move on to a project that we are passionate about,
rather than to continue with projects where the main developers/team members has left.
When is the demo coming out?
We'll be launching the demo hopefully Mid- May, and the kickstarter campaign a week after.
How far in production is Silver:Line?
Silver:Line is essentially 30% completed, while the demo sits on 75% [Just waiting for asset completion]

Now, for some questions to help us with out with Silver:Line!!
We appreciate your opinions to help us grow and improve the project.

⋄ Did Silver:Line managed to catch your interest so far? If so, what is it that piqued your fancy?
⋄ Is there a particular character that you are attracted to right away?
⋄ Which protagonist are you more likely to play as?
⋄ What makes you back a Kickstarter campaign? The rewards or the interest for the projects?
⋄ If it's cause of the rewards what content do you look forward to the most? The digital exclusives or physical rewards?
⋄ Lastly, any comments or questions?

Thank you for taking your time to read this!
Last edited by CodeV on Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 9 times in total.

ParrotWatcher
Regular
Completed: Unearth your Gays
Projects: Lovecraft Academy
Tumblr: parrotwatcher
itch: parrotwatcher

Re: Silver:Line - Fantasy Visual Novel [BxG] [GxB] [BxB] [GxG] [Gender-Choice]

#2 Post by ParrotWatcher »

CodeV wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:22 am ⋄ Did Silver:Line managed to catch your interest so far? If so, what is it that piqued your fancy?
Honestly, BxB is always the first thing to catch my attention. :P But beyond that, the art is good, and what you've said of the story sounds interesting.
CodeV wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:22 am ⋄ Is there a particular character that you are attracted to right away?
All of the guys look good, but by the descriptions, Lucas sounds the cutest.
CodeV wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:22 am ⋄ Which protagonist are you more likely to play as?
Male.
CodeV wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:22 am ⋄ What makes you back a Kickstarter campaign? The rewards or the interest for the projects?
Generally, I'd back for interest in the project, rather than for any extra rewards (beyond the game itself).
CodeV wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:22 am ⋄ Lastly, any comments or questions?
Just to check: will all characters be romanceable by either gender?

Thanks! And good luck with the game! :D
Please check out my BL WiP, Lovecraft Academy!

CodeV
Regular

#3 Post by CodeV »

Thanks for answering our questions. It really helps to know what the player base are into :)
Just to check: will all characters be romanceable by either gender?
Yes! But, some characters will respond differently. We want to make such that both protagonist aren't just a cosmetic option and we hope to make them shine individually through their interactions with the characters.

mjinx
Regular
Projects: I-DUEL: A Battle for Stardom!
Organization: Jinxiee Games
itch: jinxieegames

#4 Post by mjinx »

Ah, I've been following this game in Twitter for a while; glad you finally posted it here!

Off to the questions then~

⋄ Did Silver:Line managed to catch your interest so far? If so, what is it that piqued your fancy?

Yep, definitely! The Live 2D caught my eye immediately, especially the character models. Everyone is so gorgeous!

Lucas and Sabre! Both got good designs but after reading their backstories and descriptions, Lucas became my favorite because I'm a sucker for a good childhood friends romance story! Though Sabre and his exposed abs is still a welcome sight, though! As for the girls, I vote for Kitsune!

Male! Because BL is life, lol. However, after hearing that each protagonist brings a different perspective into the table, I will definitely play the female mc too.

⋄ What makes you back a Kickstarter campaign? The rewards or the interest for the projects?

I'm more inclined to decide with my personal interest rather than the rewards. Story and characters appeal to me the most and some interesting game play mechanics attract me as well.

None so far; keep it up and good luck~

CodeV
Regular

#5 Post by CodeV »

Lucas and Sabre! Both got good designs but after reading their backstories and descriptions, Lucas became my favorite because I'm a sucker for a good childhood friends romance story! Though Sabre and his exposed abs is still a welcome sight, though! As for the girls, I vote for Kitsune!
That's our plan selling Sabre's abs off to the masses. ;D

RocketAdriftGames
Completed: Order a Pizza: A Visual Novel, Raptor Boyfriend: A High School Romance
Projects: Raptor Boyfriend: A High School Romance
Organization: Rocket Adrift
itch: rocketadrift

#6 Post by RocketAdriftGames »

Yes. The animated characters got my attention.

Amaris has a really cool design and when it comes to fantasy I'm interested in the more fantastical/non-human characters.

Female first.

The interest in the project. Rewards are just a cool bonus that can help upsell me on a pledge.

⋄ If it's cause of the rewards what content do you look forward to the most? The digital exclusives or physical rewards?

Hard to say, without knowing what they would be. It's the reward itself and not really whether it's digital or physical. Although I have more faith in the digital rewards because there is no shipping to worry about.

Was this game made with VN maker? If so how are you mitigating the engines know bugs?

Good luck with everything. Looks very cool.

Camy
Regular
Completed: When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten, Not Lost, A More Beautiful World, Beach Volley, and Here With You.
Projects: The Prince's Heart, Delphine's Discovery, A Vampire's Choice, Phantom of the Blooming Rose, Connection Pending, and Our Final Moments.
Organization: Freelancer, Pixel Pineberry Studios
itch: camy
Discord: camyza

#7 Post by Camy »

The artwork and gender choice, the latter is a big thing to go through and I'm interested to see how this goes.

Lucas, Nathanial, and Amaris.

Both, would like to see how different they are :D

Rewards, the game itself really in a reasonable price.

Digital, physical takes forever.

This is looking REALLY good, great teasers and progress looks to be promising. Will you be able to set up a mailing list to announce when the demo is out? Something like using mailchimp or equivalent I think would really help.

CodeV
Regular

#8 Post by CodeV »

RocketAdriftGames wrote:Was this game made with VN maker? If so how are you mitigating the engines know bugs?
Thanks for answeing out questions :) Yes, Silver:Line is made with VN Maker, we have a programmer with us who's fluent in Java and Coffeescript to help iron out some known bugs. How could you tell it was VN maker? You have a good eye xD
Camy wrote:This is looking REALLY good, great teasers and progress looks to be promising. Will you be able to set up a mailing list to announce when the demo is out? Something like using mailchimp or equivalent I think would really help.
Oh!! That's a great idea! We'll definitely set it up~ also, thank you for answering our questions.

CodeV
Regular

#9 Post by CodeV »

A couple of updates from our twitter
Follow us for more daily development updates and be involve in our production journey, we post polls
from time to time asking for suggestions and stuff.

We got Silver:Line's GUI finalized, we kept it simple and clean, with the desaturated purple and black.

Gilbert's sprite is coming to life! The cold and dutiful character is my type.

We have also completed our omanjuu series for our upcoming kickstarter; we have sent the first batch for test production. Hopefully, everything looks great! Other than that, we are preparing chibi acrylic keychains as well.

We are still thinking either tshirts, dakimura, acrylic stand or posters for some other physical rewards.
As for digital, we have the artbook, ost, opening EP and icon pack (Will also have them in physical as a collector's edition). Suggestions at this time would be great.

Other than this, our demo script is going through one more round of proofreading and refinement.

CodeV
Regular

#10 Post by CodeV »

It's newly dev update time

Here's the first look at our CG style! Look at that precious boy!

Our remaining sprites for the demo is completed as well!
Meet Gilbert, Estelle and Harrison.

Gilbert
Commander of the King’s Knights
A man respected by many, Gilbert is strict and responsible. He always make sure his duties are completed even if it means he has to dirty his hands. Our MC seems intimidated by the man.

Estelle
Head Nurse of castle
An avid tea lover, Estelle became friends with the main character through their enjoyment of tea.Her airy aura makes everyone underestimate her.

Royal Advisor, Harrison.

Older brother of King Edward
Harrison was meant to king but it instead, their father picked the younger brother as the successor. For years, he has harbour resentment towards his brother.

Some fullbody design of our MCs; we written many fluffs for them!
And depending on your character's gender, the cast will react to you diffently.

On the demo side of things, our proofreader is doing one last sweep to make sure
there's no mistake and to make sure consitency isn't an issure.

We are also finish casting the voices for everyone!
We'll update with character voices next week~ Stay tuneeeee

CodeV
Regular

#11 Post by CodeV »

Update!

Our beta build is completed and getting tested right now! Hopefully, we can release this weekend for you guys!
Here's a video from our twitter showcasing the animated sprite and voice

Lucas's Voice Teaser

CodeV
Regular

Re: [DEMO LIVE] Silver:Line - Fantasy Visual Novel [BxG] [GxB] [BxB] [GxG] [Gender-Choice]

#12 Post by CodeV »

The time is finally here! I hope you guys have fun playing it as much as we had fun making it.
Tell us who's your favourite from the demo! Talk to us about the game, we would love to hear more from you.

DEMO IS LIVE
Or Click here!

The project is in development, if you find any glitches or bugs and wish to report them to the dev.
You can find us on discord or twitter!

The demo is available for Windows and MacOS [32bit and 64bit]
1 hour and 45 minutes of gameplay [2 hours and more if you try every choice]
Fully voiced by our amazing cast [Full game will only be partially voiced unless stretch goal is reached.]
11 CGs included.

There are some known bugs, but you can read more about it on the itch.io page.

Gery
Regular

Re: [DEMO LIVE] Silver:Line - Fantasy Visual Novel [BxG] [GxB] [BxB] [GxG] [Gender-Choice]

#13 Post by Gery »

I'm definitely going to try it out, the art is stunning! :) Interesting premise as well, can't wait!

ParrotWatcher
Regular
Completed: Unearth your Gays
Projects: Lovecraft Academy
Tumblr: parrotwatcher
itch: parrotwatcher

#14 Post by ParrotWatcher »

I just played part of the demo, and I have to say that I really like it. Lucas is just as cute as I was expecting, and Sabre certainly knows how to dress to impress...

I noticed a couple of potential bugs (high lag and inability to change the volume), but I see they're both already known.

There were also a couple of points in the story which I felt didn't completely work for me:

Firstly,
when the MC protects Lucas from Gilbert in the initial confrontation (just before Kitsune shows up), Gilbert tells the MC to stand aside. This seems weird since Gilbert wants to kill both of them, so surely it makes no difference to him if he kills the MC first.
Second,
we meet Amaris the second time in the burning forest, and then it cuts to her being outcast by her people, and then it's two days later and she's staying with us, but we haven't even asked her for her name yet. The order of events seems odd here: we should have at least talked to her when she started staying with us (and at this point, she can tell us her name), and indeed it might be less confusing if she also told us about her banishment herself at this point. I realise that this means that the revelation of the deaths of her people would still need to come a few days later, but it doesn't feel as though the scenes work that well at the moment.

Less of a major issue, but my MC seemed to be attracted to Kitsune when he first saw her face. As a gay guy, I'm always a little put off when my male MCs show attraction to female characters.

Thanks! :D Good luck with the game.
Please check out my BL WiP, Lovecraft Academy!