Last game you played?

For the rest of your otaku life.
GoooLJ

Re: Last game you played?

#361 Post by GoooLJ »

I'm a big fan of Pokemon go. The Pokemon series was my favorite when I was a child. But unfortunately now I don't have much time for catching 'em on the streets. It made me find some other Pokemon-based games. Here is the article about one that I currently playing using my Android device. Not Pokemon Go but still very interesting.

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#362 Post by Morhighan »

I am playing a horror VN called Neighbor, which just came out on Steam. I love the atmosphere, so creepy. It reminds me of Japanese horror like Ringu and Ju-on. The translation and localization is fantastic.

DannX
Regular

#363 Post by DannX »

I had a sudden idea this weekend. It was about a game I played about two years ago and never got to finish, Analogue: A Hate Story by Christine Love. I suddenly rembered it by chance, remembered how deeply it left an impact in my heart, it opened my idiot teenager's eyes into things I never even considered before, it made me cry like never a game before has, hell, it was practically the game that made me love visual novels and storytelling as I do now.

It started bugging me that I had never been able to reach a ceirtain ending, plus I wanted to read it now with my improved knowledge of English, so I was planning giving it a try once again. And I thought, hey, I haven't played any of Christine's earlier games, why not do so now?

And I've spent this week doing just that. Sunday I played Digital A Love Story, and absolutely loved it. Monday to Tuesday was Don't take it personally babe. It was OK, I really enjoyed it, not as much as the others but it is definitely a very good and interesting game. Then I started Analogue once again. Once again, I reached the part when I was stuck trying to reach the 5th ending. I knew I was missing something obvious.

And today, just now, after so many years I finally figured out what I needed to do. It was not straightforward, but the game actually hinted at it a couple times, I just hadn't realized and I seriously want to punch myself for not doing so before. Christine Love is a genius. I don't know what else to say. Analogue is an amazing game, and I finally feel I've cleared it.

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#364 Post by thebackup »

Two games I've been playing lately:

1. Flower Knight Girl (Nutaku version)
Been playing it for at least a year and a half already. I have to admit the battles can get repetitive / have no real strategy - really, once you're powerful enough you can just fast-forward most missions and be done with it (well maybe except for the extreme, concept, or whale missions, then you'll have to plan carefully). But collecting your favorite girls, the story, and events make it rather enjoyable to play. And at the same time learn about flowers you've never even heard of.

Used to spend some money on it but it's not really worth it these days. The gachas can get expensive quick for a 5*-6* character (sometimes even going into the $100's of dollars). Better off putting those Flower Gems to good use and roll the priority gacha and hope you get a girl you like.

But still, I love this game despite its drawbacks.

2. Dream Girlfriend (for Android)

Playing this game for a year now. A great game to kill time with, and have nothing else to do. Rather simple to play, raising your "girlfriend" by having her study and work, and most importantly collecting outfits for her to wear (which is the whole point of the game). Though, spending money is kinda required if you're to rank high in the events, and being rewarded with top-tier outfits.

And the chat dialogue can be pretty cheesy at times, I mean, I see quite a bit of dialogue that goes like:
GF: That cat sitting at the porch looks so cute!
You: You like animals? Shall we go to the pet store, then?
GF: Wow, okay! I'll go get ready then~

But a great game nonetheless with a huge variety of outfits to choose from. I named my "girlfriend" Julia (OC in my projects) :)

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#365 Post by Imperf3kt »

I've had Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth for a long time now, but never played it, so I picked it up this weekend and I must say, it's exquisite!
It's like a visual novel, but with such imaginative presentation.
As I played through it, I couldn't stop myself from thinking "This can be done in Ren'Py" and after playing through half of book one, I still think so and am seriously considering reworking my current (on the back burner) project to use exactly the same mechanics.

The artwork is nice too. Looks like a huge amount of work went into the vibrant and lifelike bone movement. No rigid characters who ignore you while you talk to the guy beside you, everything is fluid and genuinely gorgeous.

I adore the choice system in this game too! Of course, it's pretty standard 'pick the obvious', but the varying dialogue or scenes depending on the order you pick choices, or the items you have picked up or seen is executed flawlessly. There's so much more content than you at first realise.

If you ever get a chance to play The Pillars of the Earth, I would strongly suggest you do.

The only tedious thing I did dislike about the game, was the slow movement. I'd much prefer a map like system for moving around, click on the point of interest.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

CaptainTenno

#366 Post by CaptainTenno »

Imperf3kt wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:14 am I've had Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth for a long time now, but never played it, so I picked it up this weekend and I must say, it's exquisite!
It's like a visual novel, but with such imaginative presentation.
As I played through it, I couldn't stop myself from thinking "This can be done in Ren'Py" and after playing through half of book one, I still think so and am seriously considering reworking my current (on the back burner) project to use exactly the same mechanics.

The artwork is nice too. Looks like a huge amount of work went into the vibrant and lifelike bone movement. No rigid characters who ignore you while you talk to the guy beside you, everything is fluid and genuinely gorgeous.

I adore the choice system in this game too! Of course, it's pretty standard 'pick the obvious', but the varying dialogue or scenes depending on the order you pick choices, or the items you have picked up or seen is executed flawlessly. There's so much more content than you at first realise.

If you ever get a chance to play The Pillars of the Earth, I would strongly suggest you do.

The only tedious thing I did dislike about the game, was the slow movement. I'd much prefer a map like system for moving around, click on the point of interest.
Wow, did not except it to pop out there. I have almost the same story - bought it long ago on sale, but never had the time to actually finish it. Until recently.

And I also thought about it being possible to make something like that in RenPy :) It actually is not much different from you ordinary branching VN. Complex mindmap of true-false values that are collected and stored till the end of the game, and also sometimes affect things on the course of the game.

However character interaction and whose visual part - is what makes this game stand out. I doubt it could be achieved with RenPy alone, too much entities on screen at once. Or could it? Im only a beginner with RenPy, so I might be wrong about that.

Yallendev
Completed: On GH.
Projects: Working on, can't tell you because of IS.
Organization: Dev

#367 Post by Yallendev »

Words.
I don't have enough free time. Mostly, I develop or learn something.
But my family likes a lot of apps

Joddy99
Completed: In progress
Projects: In progress
Organization: I'm alone

#368 Post by Joddy99 »

thebackup wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:14 am Two games I've been playing lately:

1. Flower Knight Girl (Nutaku version)
Been playing it for at least a year and a half already. I have to admit the battles can get repetitive / have no real strategy - really, once you're powerful enough you can just fast-forward most missions and be done with it (well maybe except for the extreme, concept, or whale missions, then you'll have to plan carefully). But collecting your favorite girls, the story, and events make it rather enjoyable to play. And at the same time learn about flowers you've never even heard of.

Used to spend some money on it but it's not really worth it these days. The gachas can get expensive quick for a 5*-6* character (sometimes even going into the $100's of dollars). Better off putting those Flower Gems to good use and roll the priority gacha and hope you get a girl you like.

But still, I love this game despite its drawbacks.

2. Dream Girlfriend (for Android)

Playing this game for a year now. A great game to kill time with, and have nothing else to do. Rather simple to play, raising your "girlfriend" by having her study and work, and most importantly collecting outfits for her to wear (which is the whole point of the game). Though, spending money is kinda required if you're to rank high in the events, and being rewarded with top-tier outfits.

And the chat dialogue can be pretty cheesy at times, I mean, I see quite a bit of dialogue that goes like:
GF: That cat sitting at the porch looks so cute!
You: You like animals? Shall we go to the pet store, then?
GF: Wow, okay! I'll go get ready then~

But a great game nonetheless with a huge variety of outfits to choose from. I named my "girlfriend" Julia (OC in my projects) :)
Wow, that's a review. I'm surprised I haven't heard about Dream Girlfriend, gonna try it today.
I've been playing Garry's Mod lately. You know, that mod responsible for tons of stupid machinima movies on youtube :lol: I was also making these years ago. But now I play Prop Hunt mode mostly. Here's the link for anyone interested https://garrysmodsandbox.com/download 8)
“You can die anytime, but living takes true courage.” – Kenshin Himura

CloudyBF

#369 Post by CloudyBF »

I started playing Skyrim again. I just love the world

GoldBrows

#370 Post by GoldBrows »

I'm playing Fernz Gate right now. It's by a company called Kemco who put out RPGs on mobile and consoles pretty regularly. Their games tend to be pretty basic on the graphics side, but they're easy to play and relax to.

UtopiaZ

#371 Post by UtopiaZ »

So glad I got Monster Hunter World and so hyped for the upcoming dlc.

Tapion

#372 Post by Tapion »

Based on Dragon Ball Z Kakarot hype, I returned to my Xenoverse 1 & 2. And I must say despite the age, for me - as a big fan of the series - XV 2 is still the best Dragon Ball games. Of course, there is FighterZ which is the best-looking game, but I'm not a fan of the genre :)

Recently I spend a lot of time with my cousins, and we play good old free platformers like this one. Lots of fun :)
Last edited by Tapion on Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Joddy99
Completed: In progress
Projects: In progress
Organization: I'm alone

#373 Post by Joddy99 »

Played The Elders Scrolls Online for the first time yesterday.
“You can die anytime, but living takes true courage.” – Kenshin Himura

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#374 Post by Imperf3kt »

Been playing through Heavy Rain again.
Bought it on PS3 when it came out and recently it was a free game on PS4 so I thought i'd replay it.

The game is every bit as fantastic as I remember.
Quantic Dream really did make a truly astounding interactive fiction when they made Heavy Rain.
Finding all the different endings and seeing each scene/chapter play out differently, affecting the story based on your actions is great.
It's almost like a visual novel, just in a movie format that I think Ren'Py could easily emulate.

If you ever get the chance, I highly recommend giving Heavy Rain a try, it's truly a masterpiece you won't regret playing.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

GreenVegetations
itch: greenvegetations

#375 Post by GreenVegetations »

I've recently been playing a lot of Bastion and Psychonaughts. I really like the way they tell their stories and find it quite unique, the writing is also really entertaining.