Hetero or homo?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.

Hetero or Homo?

Hetero love
55%
Homo love
45%

Total votes: 199

MsDuck
Regular

Re: Hetero or homo?

#16 Post by MsDuck »

I'm apparently the first to say I strictly like BL stuffs. I don't think i'd mind GxG but I haven't seen anything that I like out of it so far.

I just plain don't care for Het stuffs. There's always something wrong that just annoys me too much. (To the point that when I do play a GxB game I pretend that the protagonist is male.)

MsDuck.

P.S - And yes i'm female, but that doesn't mean much as far as i'm concerned, since if the story sucks I still won't play it.

P.P.S - If a BxG game is good enough i'll like it despite any flaws I think it has, I just won't go seeking it out until I hear what others think of it first.
Something witty goes here.
??? - BLSN

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#17 Post by Samu-kun »

BL is just too funny and off the wall that I can't really take it too seriously. XD I personally don't go seeking out for that stuff, and I don't think I have much reason to do so either. :3 I can handle GxG, but yeah, generally I'll go for the BxG stuff.

maselphie
Regular
Projects: By The Lake, Seraphine

#18 Post by maselphie »

I don't really pursue BxB or GxG, and I can't really get interested in a story that revolves around those kind of relationships only. For me, it's really a kind of novelty that eventually wears off after a while. But it seems that girls like BL and guys like GxG because it's twice something that they like, heightened by a sense of voyeurism, too. I don't see how a person with a heterosexual taste can live and breathe homosexual pairings only without having a nice mix between the two ... there has to be something else that drives someone to be so obsessed with the opposite sex without feeling left out. Hmm.
I have switched accounts to Aleema.

MsDuck
Regular

#19 Post by MsDuck »

maselphie wrote:But it seems that girls like BL and guys like GxG because it's twice something that they like, heightened by a sense of voyeurism, too.
That's not entirely accurate and it's seems more like a personal theory than anything. For instance, what about straight guys that like BL or straight girls that like GL. And where do bisexuals, asexuals and monosexuals fit in?
maselphie wrote:I don't see how a person with a heterosexual taste can live and breathe homosexual pairings only without having a nice mix between the two ... there has to be something else that drives someone to be so obsessed with the opposite sex without feeling left out. Hmm.
Or maybe they just like that sort of thing, hm? Sexuality is a multi-faceted thing and simplifying it won't get anyone anywhere.

Hmm, that might be a bit confrontational... Oh well, live and let live. XP

MsDuck.
??? - BLSN

Wintermoon
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by Wintermoon »

GxG > BxG > GxB > BxB

I like homosexual pairings. Heterosexual pairings tend to weighed down by societally defined gender roles. Homosexual pairs are free to define their own roles.

However, I also like girls. If there is no girl in the relationship, it doesn't interest me.

maselphie
Regular
Projects: By The Lake, Seraphine

#21 Post by maselphie »

MsDuck wrote: That's not entirely accurate and it's seems more like a personal theory than anything. For instance, what about straight guys that like BL or straight girls that like GL. And where do bisexuals, asexuals and monosexuals fit in?

Or maybe they just like that sort of thing, hm? Sexuality is a multi-faceted thing and simplifying it won't get anyone anywhere.
Right, that's just my personal observation about why guys or girls are stereotyped to like certain pairings, not that I personally believe that's how everyone works inside. "He's a guy, so he probably likes lesbians." Why? My guess was that it's believed that lesbians are technically twice of something he wants. ^^
I'm not trying to simplify or generalize anyone at all, nor do I mind anyone's personal tastes. To each their own, and congratulations when you find that thing that makes you tick.
I have switched accounts to Aleema.

luminarious
Veteran
Projects: Winter, winter

#22 Post by luminarious »

I find it physically hard to read to read yaoi. I won't criticize anyone else for liking it, but if at all possible, I will avoid it myself.

MsDuck
Regular

#23 Post by MsDuck »

maselphie wrote: I'm not trying to simplify or generalize anyone at all, nor do I mind anyone's personal tastes. To each their own, and congratulations when you find that thing that makes you tick.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to come off as hostile. :oops:

MsDuck.
??? - BLSN

Hatomikazuki

#24 Post by Hatomikazuki »

>>'' Perhaps a game with both? A bi protagonist? Perhaps (since more people here seem to prefer a hetero game, more hetero options...) you could have a game with some homo romances, and some hetero ones, so the player can make the choice. I think it could be pulled off well (as long as you don't make is so that the homo romances are like, "joke paths"). =3 So that's my imput. A bi game. =D

(Or maybe it just means I can't choose. If you don't want to do a bi game, I'd personally write the one I'd prefer to write, and think that I could write better. If you are in fact homosexual, perhaps it would be easier for you to write a homosexual focused game, if you are hetero, perhaps that would be easier for you...Though I don't think it really makes a difference...As they're both love...>>'' But that's off topic. >< So, either bi, or whichever is easier for you, is what I'd say. )

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#25 Post by LVUER »

Seeing homo (or les) love games or animes seems weird for me.
So, I prefer hetero (although I don't against homo or les thing).

I reminds me when I was watching Kanaduki no Miko without knowing anything about it (I don't read the preview/review, which usually I do).
I enjoy it a lot and I really think it's a normal anime UNTIL... the last episode! This anime is yuri! ^_^ I'm shocked quite a bit, since there is male and female protagonist that is a couple... that makes me think this is not yuri (although I get the hint along the course of the story, may be I just don't want to accept it?)

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#26 Post by papillon »

spoilers for kannazuki no miko
... Wait, you were shocked by a happy girl/girl ending, but not shocked by the vicious lesbian rape and rather disturbing aftermath earlier? :)

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#27 Post by LVUER »

Ahem...
I'm not shocked by the rape scene because I kinda know it would happen and it couldn't be avoided; it's the plot device (or may be I'm just inconsiderate, insensitive person? I sure hope not). I'm shocked by the ending because... I didn't expect it would happened. Well, may be it's my bad habit. When I watch an anime, I usually guessing and analyzing the plot (and imagining the would be plot, what if plot, and the sequel). Most of the time, I guess it correctly. But not with the Kannazuki-yuri thing. Is it clearly stated in the preview or genre that this is yuri anime or they purposely do that?

Kannazuki... is it? I spelled the title wrong then...

Jake
Support Hero

#28 Post by Jake »

LVUER wrote: I'm shocked by the ending because... I didn't expect it would happened. ... Is it clearly stated in the preview or genre that this is yuri anime or they purposely do that?
When I watched it, I'd not been told... I seem to remember it being pretty clear from a very short way in. Like, the end of the first episode.
LVUER wrote: Kannazuki... is it? I spelled the title wrong then...
As it goes, I think romanisations of that word spread evenly across "Kanazuki", "Kannazuki", "Kanaduki" and "Kannaduki". The official English-language release, however, was titled "Kannazuki no Miko / Destiny of Shrine Maiden"
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

zephiel
Regular

#29 Post by zephiel »

hmm, im a guy, but gxg bxb and bxg are all the same to me.....
of corse, i have more les and gay frinds than strate, so.....it realy doesent mater,
ill play a girl on girl or boy on girl, and i wouldent mind playing a guy on guy Vn eather if it was a good plot.....hm does any one know if Silver Chaos is any good?
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
......................ZZZ
.................ZZZ zuu, zenthosa nara verr nehi zunu.
.............ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

MsDuck
Regular

#30 Post by MsDuck »

zephiel wrote:hm does any one know if Silver Chaos is any good?
Dunno, haven't played it myself, but I have played a bit of the 2nd one, it wasn't too bad.

If you're interested there's aarinfantasy's forum, it's a BL mecca. You're likely to find most anytype of BL you'd like.

MsDuck.
??? - BLSN