Looking for abandoned and/or unfinished projects!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Remnantation
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:16 am
Deviantart: Remnantation
Contact:

Looking for abandoned and/or unfinished projects!

#1 Post by Remnantation » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:34 pm

Not sure if anyone will be interested, but I thought I'd give it a shot! (And I didn't see a better forum to post this in. Please let me know if there is a better place for it!)

I'm looking for the projects that have been abandoned or left unfinished - I want to work on something in between commissions, and I thought projects like these might be nice for more than just myself. The community often has a lot of great ideas that aren't able to see the light of day for a variety of reasons, so instead of creating something entirely from scratch, I thought I could blow the dust off of some old projects and see what we could make together!

I could keep the original creator informed and give some say in the direction. Or, if preferred, they can hand it off to me with no strings. And we can discuss if you have any concerns or particular things you require stay the same - I want to keep the heart of your creations and characters intact.

I can take care of anything (well, almost anything... I'm not a composer) a VN needs. I'll redo any old art you have but try to keep the designs the same if that's your preference. The backgrounds, the GUI, the editing, the programming - I got it!

Things I would require: I need permission to edit the story, but again, I do want to try and keep the point of it the same. The script needs the be either completed (even if it's a first draft) or mostly completed.
Things that would be nice: Picture reference for characters or original sprites intended for the VN. They won't be used in the final, but at least then I know what sort of looks you were going for!
----> If it had music already composed, that would also be really great! It's the one thing I can't create or easily acquire myself other than through the usual channels. But neither of these things are anywhere near required.

The project would be released for free. Credit for any and all assets provided will be given. If you have assets but no information on the creators, I cannot use them.

SO! Please let me know if you have any projects you'd like to see finished but haven't been able to finish yourself, for whatever reason! You can contact me through this thread, DM me, or at Remnantation@gmail.com!
Last edited by Remnantation on Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LoveIsInTheAir
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Looking for abandoned and/or unfinished projects!

#2 Post by LoveIsInTheAir » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:00 pm

Remnantation wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:34 pm
Not sure if anyone will be interested, but I thought I'd give it a shot! (And I didn't see a better forum to post this in. Please let me know if there is a better place for it!)

I'm looking for the projects that have been abandoned or left unfinished - I want to work on something in between commissions, and I thought projects like these might be nice for more than just myself. The community often has a lot of great ideas that aren't able to see the light of day for a variety of reasons, so instead of creating something entirely from scratch, I thought I could blow the dust off of some old projects and see what we could make together!

I could keep the original creator informed and give some say in the direction. Or, if preferred, they can hand it off to me with no strings. And we can discuss if you have any concerns or particular things you require stay the same - I want to keep the heart of your creations and characters intact.

I can take care of anything (well, almost anything... I'm not a composer) a VN needs. I'll redo any old art you have but try to keep the designs the same if that's your preference. The backgrounds, the GUI, the editing, the programming - I got it!

Things I would require: I need permission to edit the story, but again, I do want to try and keep the point of it the same. The script needs the be either completed (even if it's a first draft) or mostly completed.
Things that would be nice: Picture reference for characters or original sprites intended for the VN. They won't be used in the final, but at least then I know what sort of looks you were going for!
----> If it had music already composed, that would also be really great! It's the one thing I can't create or easily acquire myself other than through the usual channels. But neither of these things are anywhere near required.

The project would be released for free. Credit for any and all assets provided will be given. If you have assets but no information on the creators, I cannot use them.

SO! Please let me know if you have any projects you'd like to see finished but haven't been able to finish yourself, for whatever reason!
I have a VN script for a short game (25k words). It's for a BxB game where you play as a scientist who accidentally gets transported into the past and you end up romancing a Tamilian prince. Its a very old script and probably needs a LOT of editing haha but if you're interested I can send the script to you and you can see if you like it?

User avatar
Remnantation
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:16 am
Deviantart: Remnantation
Contact:

Re: Looking for abandoned and/or unfinished projects!

#3 Post by Remnantation » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:11 pm

LoveIsInTheAir wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:00 pm
I have a VN script for a short game (25k words). It's for a BxB game where you play as a scientist who accidentally gets transported into the past and you end up romancing a Tamilian prince. Its a very old script and probably needs a LOT of editing haha but if you're interested I can send the script to you and you can see if you like it?
Totally slipped my mind to include my email in my original post, aha. I'm gonna edit that now.

But, huh! A time-traveling scientist and Tamilian prince? I don't know that I could do that historical/cultural justice, but I'm curious to see! If you'd like to send it, my email is Remnantation@gmail.com

User avatar
Wudgeous
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:59 am
itch: wudgeous
Contact:

Re: Looking for abandoned and/or unfinished projects!

#4 Post by Wudgeous » Sat May 04, 2019 1:53 am

Your art and attitude are both lovely. : )

Thank you for taking the time to contribute to the VN community. I'll email you soon!


Have confidence. Let go of perfectionism. I love you!

User avatar
Remnantation
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:16 am
Deviantart: Remnantation
Contact:

Re: Looking for abandoned and/or unfinished projects!

#5 Post by Remnantation » Sat May 04, 2019 1:15 pm

Wudgeous wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 1:53 am
Your art and attitude are both lovely. : )

Thank you for taking the time to contribute to the VN community. I'll email you soon!
Thank you! I see the email, and I'll be replying here soon!

oOhanaOo
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:45 am
Projects: The poisoned rose/The dark diamond
Deviantart: Hana44440
Contact:

Re: Looking for abandoned and/or unfinished projects!

#6 Post by oOhanaOo » Wed May 15, 2019 3:11 pm

Well I have this old project of mine,i 've been busy lately and I lost interests on it so I would appreciate if someone else continue working on it since we made such a progress and I don't want the other's hard working to waste.
We have the sprites/Gui/backgrounds all done/found and we were working on the demo so half the prologue is done which means we don't have the writing part done but still if you are interested let me know.

Here's everything you would like to know,some characters weren't included but we have files for them.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Or_ ... p=drivesdk

User avatar
Remnantation
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:16 am
Deviantart: Remnantation
Contact:

Re: Looking for abandoned and/or unfinished projects!

#7 Post by Remnantation » Fri May 17, 2019 1:58 pm

oOhanaOo wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:11 pm
Well I have this old project of mine,i 've been busy lately and I lost interests on it so I would appreciate if someone else continue working on it since we made such a progress and I don't want the other's hard working to waste.
We have the sprites/Gui/backgrounds all done/found and we were working on the demo so half the prologue is done which means we don't have the writing part done but still if you are interested let me know.

Here's everything you would like to know,some characters weren't included but we have files for them.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Or_ ... p=drivesdk

It's interesting to see what you made so far - thank you for showing me! But it also looks as though the writing is largely just a summary and not actually written out. I was also looking for projects further along in writing than half a prologue, as it is little more than an idea at that point. Still, I hope you regain interest in it! And if not, I still wish you luck on any other endeavors!

awill320
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Looking for abandoned and/or unfinished projects!

#8 Post by awill320 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:26 pm

Are you still helping with projects?

User avatar
Remnantation
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:16 am
Deviantart: Remnantation
Contact:

Re: Looking for abandoned and/or unfinished projects!

#9 Post by Remnantation » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:59 pm

awill320 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:26 pm
Are you still helping with projects?
I'm still keeping an eye out, yup!

awill320
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Looking for abandoned and/or unfinished projects!

#10 Post by awill320 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:32 pm

Would you read my posting and see if you're interested in helping? It is not an old project but a current one. I am the writer and majority of the script is done and I have a programmer ready to receive art to put it together! My email is awill320@fiu.edu.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users