[Paid] Professional Writer, Editor, Proofreader (NEW: Outlining, Chinese Translation, Project Management)

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

[Paid] Professional Writer, Editor, Proofreader (NEW: Outlining, Chinese Translation, Project Management)

#1 Post by Windchimes »

Last Edit: 20th July, 2022 - Updated commissions info and website

Introduction
I'm a professional writer who's been writing for visual novels, particularly otome and amare games, since 2016.I'm also an aspiring indie developer who runs the solo visual novel development studio, Wind Chimes Games.

For full details about my commissions, please visit my portfolio website: https://windchimes.carrd.co/
The following content in this thread will only be some important extracts from the website.

Services Offered
I mainly offer the following services:
  • Script writing
  • Editing
  • Proofreading
Tentatively, I also offer the following services depending on my work schedule, complexity of project and rates:
(Please contact me directly to inquire about these)
  • Ideabouncing and brainstorming
  • Creation of character profiles and detailed outlines
  • Ideabouncing
  • Project management
  • Ren'Py GUI coding
  • Translation (Chinese to English & vice versa)
Service Offered #1: Writing
Job Description
I will write the script of your visual novel, or parts of it as requested. I can also create characters (with detailed profiles) and detailed scene outlines, but please note that it would incur extra fees on top of the writing rates.

Previous Clients
  • Royal Alchemist
  • Caffeine: Victoria's Legacy

Samples
Pricing
I usually charge 0.05 USD to 0.06 USD for each word I write.

The exact price is dependent on some factors, such as complexity of the story, time available before deadline, amount of background research required...etc. I will let you know the exact rate after receiving all the relevant information about the commission I need.

If there are no character profiles or outlines ready, and you’ll need me to create them, I may charge extra. The price depends on too many factors, so we would need to discuss the price for character profiles / outlining before agreeing on the terms of the commission.

Services Offered #2 / #3: Editing / Proofreading

Job Description
Editing: I’ll be going over your script line by line and providing editing suggestions. In general, you can expect me to do the following: picking out errors, rewriting and changing the phrasing to improve the language, removing unnecessary or redundant information, pointing out confusing bits or inconsistencies in content, adjusting tones and character voices, etc. We can discuss if there’s particular things you want or don’t want me to do with editing.

Proofreading: I’ll be going over your script, combing through the lines for errors such as spelling mistakes, grammar errors and typos.

Previous Clients Pricing
For editing, I usually charge 0.03 USD to 0.04 USD for each word of the original script.

For proofreading, the rate is 0.01 USD for each word of the original script.

The exact price is dependent on some factors, such as level of editing required, complexity of the story, time available before deadline, amount of background research required...etc. I will let you know the exact rate after receiving all the relevant information about the commission I need.

Additional Notes
  • I have a Bachelor of Laws degree, so if your story is law-related, I might be the perfect fit!
  • I also have a decent understanding of Chinese culture and history as a native Chinese, so I'd be able to offer ideas or work with yours if you have a Chinese setting for your story or Chinese characters.
  • I don't accept projects with R18 content or anything that promotes racism, sexism, discrimination, pedophilia, non-consensual sex, etc.Payment Details
  • I don't accept revenue sharing arrangements.
  • Rates are negotiable, so don't be afraid to reach out and discuss!
  • If your project is a free project, I can give a discount for my services.
  • Payment will be made through PayPal only in USD.

Terms of Service
Last updated: 13th May, 2019
Rejecting Offers
I reserve the right to reject any commission offer I see fit.

Legalities
  • I require credit for my work. I currently do not accept ghostwriting commissions.
  • I reserve the copyright of my writing and keep the right to reproduce excerpts of my writing as writing samples or in my portfolio. (Please discuss with me beforehand if you want me to keep my writing confidential until your project has been released.)
  • Unless otherwise agreed, I maintain the status as a freelance independent contractor, and I owe no duty of loyalty to the client. I may work for myself or other clients in projects or businesses that may or may not be competing with yours, both during and after the period of working for your project as commissioned.
  • Do not use my work in any other project without my approval.
Limitations
I reserve the right to terminate the commission if at any point of development, the visual novel I am hired to write is changed in such a way or to such an extent that it violates my limitations mentioned in the above "Limitations" section (e.g. adding 18+ scenes, gore). No refunds will be given for previous payments made for the writing that I’ve already completed.

Termination of Commission
  • If, for whatever reason, you want to terminate the commission:
    1. Please inform me as soon as possible.
    2. Outstanding payments for any work I’ve already done must still be paid.
    3. Credit still required for any portion of my work that you will use.
    4. Previous payments made for already completed work will not be refunded.
  • If I receive no response from the client after three months (without prior notice), I will assume the project has been dropped and remove the project from my work queue until next contacted.
By commissioning me, you agree that you have read, understood and will abide by these terms.

Contact
You can typically reach me through any of the following methods:

Email: windchimes.commissions@gmail.com
Lemmasoft Forums: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=33165
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Windchimes_VN
Tumblr: http://windchimesvn.tumblr.com/
Discord: Windchimes#1995

Please include the following information in your message if you’re interested in commissioning me:
  • Service(s) wanted (writing / editing / proofreading)
  • Project name
  • Studio name
  • Information about your project (preferably include a link to the game page or social media if possible)
  • Estimated workload (total word count)
  • Estimated deadlines
  • Any other relevant information
I will get back to you as soon as possible! Please allow up to 2 to 3 business days for a response.

Add an [URGENT] tag to the title of the email if it’s an urgent matter that needs my immediate attention!

Thanks for reading! I look forward to working with you.
Last edited by Windchimes on Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:45 am, edited 7 times in total.

NiKaWo
Regular
itch: NiKaWo

Re: [Paid] Professional Writer, Editor, Proofreader - OPEN

#2 Post by NiKaWo »

I've worked with Windchimes in the past after finding her through one of her previous projects, AIRIS. The commissions she wrote for me were of a high quality and completed in a timely manner, not to mention that Windchimes herself was very professional and easy to work with. She checked in with me throughout the process and was very communicative to make sure she and I were on the same page as she worked and that things were going in the direction I wanted them to. Highly recommended and will be commissioning her again in the future.

Windchimes
Veteran

Re: [Paid] Professional Writer, Editor, Proofreader - OPEN

#3 Post by Windchimes »

New update!

I'm back and open again for more commissions. Also updated the post to add my most recent writing commission experience: Royal Alchemist.

Currently still working on my own commercial project, so it's most ideal if your project doesn't have a tight deadline.

Looking forward to working on more awesome visual novel projects!
Last edited by Windchimes on Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Windchimes
Veteran

Re: [Paid] Professional Writer, Editor, Proofreader (NEW: Ideabouncing, Chinese Translation)

#4 Post by Windchimes »

Re-opening for commissions to help with funds for my own projects~

Updated prices, commissions info, and my website. Also added new tentative commission types: ideabouncing, character profiles / outline writing, translation (Traditional / Simplified Chinese to English and vice versa) and Ren'Py GUI programming.