What makes a good Villainous Team?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving game writing.
xino_zero

What makes a good Villainous Team?

#1 Post by xino_zero »

I am starting up my first VN and am going with a mecha/scifi ecchi dating sim. While coming up with all the characters types i realized i had no human villains.

So i am wanting to make a team of villains some pretending to be good in the beginning some constant. (All Dateable) So what makes good villains I am aiming for the kind that you my question whether or not they are the bad guys at all oraybe the good guys and they just know something we don't. And what makes good motifs?

Katy133
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Eight Sweets, The Heart of Tales, [redacted] Life, Must Love Jaws, A Tune at the End of the World, Three Guys That Paint, The Journey of Ignorance, Portal 2.5.
Projects: The Butler Detective
Tumblr: katy-133
Deviantart: Katy133
Soundcloud: Katy133
itch: katy133

Re: What makes a good Villainous Team?

#2 Post by Katy133 »

You may want to think about villains you know from other works that you like and believe would be fun to write. I also suggest looking a TV Tropes' wesite and read through its articles on villains. There's a lot of info there, like descriptions, examples, and tropes.
ImageImage

My Website, which lists my visual novels.
Become a patron on my Patreon!

xino_zero

Re: What makes a good Villainous Team?

#3 Post by xino_zero »

Thank you i didn't even think to look into Tv tropes x'D
Funnily enough (because i am using anime archetype tropes as a base for starting my character design).

I will take your advice and will also be rewatching vandread one of my inspirations from the game.