Kiss Thief [GxB] [Romance] [Drama]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
vchan
Regular

Kiss Thief [GxB] [Romance] [Drama]

#1 Post by vchan »

.jhlk
Last edited by vchan on Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Duchess
Regular
Projects: Garden of Seif; Old Lucid9 Creative; Content Writer for VN Game Den
Organization: Foxdrift Studios
itch: foxdrift-studios

Re: Kiss Thief [GxB] [Romance] [Drama]

#2 Post by Duchess »

Ooooh, this looks fun. I love historical fictions. Mob and hitmen? Yes!!
Z is my favorite; I love his art. And he's a hitman and I find that very hot, hahaha. I'm a huge fan of things being story driven with strong characters & character arcs. As far as there being only a few choices, this can be a hit or miss for some people. For me, as long as the story is well sewn together and I'm engaged then I don't care about the choices very much.
Duchess aka Suna back in the olden days.
https://foxdrift-studios.itch.io/garden-of-seif Just Making a visual novel about romance, assassins, a badass MC, and an anti-fairy godmother.

vchan
Regular

#3 Post by vchan »

sunasrose wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:32 pm Ooooh, this looks fun. I love historical fictions. Mob and hitmen? Yes!!
Z is my favorite; I love his art. And he's a hitman and I find that very hot, hahaha. I'm a huge fan of things being story driven with strong characters & character arcs. As far as there being only a few choices, this can be a hit or miss for some people. For me, as long as the story is well sewn together and I'm engaged then I don't care about the choices very much.
Thanks for the input!! :D It's set in modern time by the way.
Last edited by vchan on Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

vchan
Regular

#4 Post by vchan »

More GUI related progress coming along nicely :3 Everything you are seeing is subjected to change upon final demo. Still looking for a BG artist willing to join our project long term!!

You can choose between a red textbox which is default or a black textbox if you think the red looks too busy.

Duchess
Regular
Projects: Garden of Seif; Old Lucid9 Creative; Content Writer for VN Game Den
Organization: Foxdrift Studios
itch: foxdrift-studios

#5 Post by Duchess »

vchan wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:35 am
sunasrose wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:32 pm Ooooh, this looks fun. I love historical fictions. Mob and hitmen? Yes!!
Thanks for the input!! :D It's set in modern time by the way.
Whoops! I missed that part. Well, regardless, I like the historical feel to it :lol: :lol: Best of luck!
Duchess aka Suna back in the olden days.
https://foxdrift-studios.itch.io/garden-of-seif Just Making a visual novel about romance, assassins, a badass MC, and an anti-fairy godmother.

vchan
Regular

#6 Post by vchan »

Our first track titled "Daydream".

https://soundcloud.com/kissthief/daydream

RocketAdriftGames
Completed: Order a Pizza: A Visual Novel, Raptor Boyfriend: A High School Romance
Projects: Raptor Boyfriend: A High School Romance
Organization: Rocket Adrift
itch: rocketadrift

#7 Post by RocketAdriftGames »

vchan wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:18 pm Our first track titled "Daydream".

A lovely piano piece!

vchan
Regular

#8 Post by vchan »

RocketAdriftGames wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:14 pm
vchan wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:18 pm Our first track titled "Daydream".

A lovely piano piece!
Thanks! Glad to hear someone likes the track.

Also here are some sketches of the masks for our main cast.
Image Image

Image Image
Last edited by vchan on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RocketAdriftGames
Completed: Order a Pizza: A Visual Novel, Raptor Boyfriend: A High School Romance
Projects: Raptor Boyfriend: A High School Romance
Organization: Rocket Adrift
itch: rocketadrift

#9 Post by RocketAdriftGames »

Can't wait to see the finished art on those masks. This is a masquerade I'll definitely be attending!

vchan
Regular

#10 Post by vchan »

torvuus wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:21 pm nice project, interesting to read
Glad you're interested in reading the story!

vchan
Regular

#11 Post by vchan »

Hurray! Here are the colored sketches of the masks. (Look forward to fully shaded/finalized mask version in game). Good news is that we’ve found background artist(s) to speed up the game/demo process. We are now a full working team ^ ^

mjinx
Regular
Projects: I-DUEL: A Battle for Stardom!
Organization: Jinxiee Games
itch: jinxieegames

#12 Post by mjinx »

Oh wow, this game's premise is very interesting! And I really like the masks, so elegant and classy~

Off to my answers then:

(1) - A very pretty-looking game! It has a curious plot, some gorgeous boys and a protagonist who looked like she won't be the common copy-and-paste otome doormat mc. Fiery girls for the win!

(2) - For the love interests, Z is my current fave. His design tugs the heart plus I like the bodyguard-loves-master trope.

(3) - Ah, I like vns with more dynamic choices that actually felt like the player has a say to everything that might or might not happen. I'm okay with few choices still, as long as the story is interesting enough to keep me playing!

(4) - I really like the red UI, hehe~

Good luck on your project~!

vchan
Regular

#13 Post by vchan »

mjinx wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:36 pm Oh wow, this game's premise is very interesting! And I really like the masks, so elegant and classy~

Off to my answers then:

(1) - A very pretty-looking game! It has a curious plot, some gorgeous boys and a protagonist who looked like she won't be the common copy-and-paste otome doormat mc. Fiery girls for the win!

(2) - For the love interests, Z is my current fave. His design tugs the heart plus I like the bodyguard-loves-master trope.

(3) - Ah, I like vns with more dynamic choices that actually felt like the player has a say to everything that might or might not happen. I'm okay with few choices still, as long as the story is interesting enough to keep me playing!

(4) - I really like the red UI, hehe~

Good luck on your project~!
Thanks for the awesome feedback!! Yes the protagonist will definitely have a lot of character. She will develop in each route well, along with our main bachelors. Z seems to be everyone's favorite so far. We might consider adding more choices if it feels like the game is lacking :)

vchan
Regular

#14 Post by vchan »

^ ^ Things have been moving along slowly. Common route script done around 10k words. The common route still needs a little editing. Everyone got kinda busy but we managed to write about 10k words into Bane's route, approximately 20k more or so more words to go before moving on to Earl's route. The GUI has been in great progress in terms of programming and seeing it come into place on ren'py. More modifications still need to be done. (1 Background has been finished lol. Hoping to post it with a batch in the upcoming months.) Hoping an update a few months down the road will lead to more progress.

Ayael
Regular
Projects: Imperial Grace (on going), Autumn Spirit, Ballads at Midnight

#15 Post by Ayael »

Oh I have a crush on this game, story, characters, settings, art, gui... Sounds so great ! I am looking forward to the release ! Please warn me when you finish it !! (Even if I usually love when there is a lot of choice ahah)
Image Image