Mind K [BxB] [Slice of Life] [Supernatural] [Dark Comedy][Free]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Lilan
Tumblr: bittermary
Deviantart: muness

Mind K [BxB] [Slice of Life] [Supernatural] [Dark Comedy][Free]

#1 Post by Lilan » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:17 pm

About the Project:
-This is actually an AU (Alternate Universe) of my OCs that I’m still fleshing them out. Doing this for fun so no pressure haha. Will update from time to time. I want to start simple so no redeeming features. Just focusing on the story I want to tell. Also, you can tell Kokoro by Natsume Soseki has influence on my names lol I just want it to be entertaining even if there are dark themes.
-I literally know nothing about how ren’py works or how to code. Will practice it. If you guys have any tips about it, it would be very helpful!
If anyone’s interested to bounce ideas, just reply.
Since I have CTS right now, I can’t do much art. But I will try to provide visuals when my hand gets better. Or if someone offers to art, I would consider it huhu. I would lean more on manga style cuz I’m yaoi trash lol

Plot of Mind K: Plot pending
Kei is a young runaway who is currently residing and working part-time in a traveler’s inn called “Midnight Valley”. He ran away from home due to circumstances. As a helper, he assists in doing chores and helping customers. In a place bounded with mountains and foggy hues, life is calm and peaceful. Until now.

Stages: Writing: 5%
-General Route: %
Sprites:2%
Background: %
CG: %
Checklist of stuff to do:
-working on another bachelor. concepting stage: Iori.
-writing.
-Concepting

Genre: It’s a mix of weird fiction. Slice of life with supernatural twist. Psychedelic. I wanted it to be comedy- dark/ black comedy (especially the bachelors to be symbolically, a bit humanely evil) BxB

Characters: Some traits and personalities are not set in stone though. But I have concepts on what they will look like.
Main Protagonist: UPDATE
Kei
- a youthful and earnest young teenager that had a traumatic experience from his childhood. –because of a father who constantly abuses him. He resorts to finding a “father figure” in the form of other people, especially to a mentor he named Sensei. He loves the concept of idolism and he has a hero complex.
Physical: Black hair, red eyes, short for his age, skinny, has a tattoo at the back (spine area)
Personality: Playful, Acts tough, Optimistic, Inquisitive, Hero complex, sometimes lazy, attention seeker
Likes: Sweets except matcha, Running, doing errands or helping, sensei, Hakusai
Dislikes: Macha, Being weak, his father, Jean

Major Bachelors: (Will update)
Hakusai- A tattoo artist. He has tattoos all over his arms and wears a red bandana. Medium long black hair that he ties up sometimes. Doesn’t say anything personal. A cool older brother to Kei. He works at the inn sometimes but opened up a shop within the city area.
Physical: black medium length hair, black eyes, wears a red bandana, full on tattoos on both arms, tall,
Personality: Cunning, Smart, Jokester, Smoker, wise,
Dislikes: being outsmarted,

Jean
he likes looking good in front of people. Secretive like his older cousin, Hakusai. Often being admired by people for having good looks. He has delicate features but can still be considered manly.
Physical: blonde long length hair, turquoise eyes, good build
Personality: cool or calm, distant, nitpicky, smart, blunt, good intuition
Dislikes: noisy kids, Kei, immature people, gossip

Shino
-Shino is the 2nd oldest of all the grandsons. Baby face and is a bit eccentric. Always wears a smile and appears friendly.
Physical: red hair , blue violet eyes, lanky, wears a hoodie, black theme, tall
Personality: friendly, manipulative, smart,
Dislikes: life

Other Characters: (Will Update) And yeah, Sen is a shorter version of “Sensei” haha.
Sensei –mentor and a father figure to Kei. An old, wise man.
Sen- grandson of Sensei
Yamaguchi and Yano

Burning questions I have right now. Feel free to answer:
1. What do you think of the premise? Is it boring or does it have potential?
2. Is the title alright? What do you think?
3. Might be too early but…How do the characters sound? Which bachelor will you choose?
4. Any tips on GUI or coding for ren’py?
5. Any feedback is appreciated.
(^_^)/
Last edited by Lilan on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:27 am, edited 7 times in total.

Lilan

Re: Kokoro Stranger [BxB] [Slice of Life] [Supernatural] [Dark Comedy][Free]

#2 Post by Lilan » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:04 am

A wip concept of Jean (Bachelor). ^_^ Might make a variation of his hair design, though. He has longer hair at the back so... Suffice to say he's hair is actually long xcx

Edit: Update of wip. I guess this is the final design for now. Will update to first post.

Lilan

Re: Mind K [BxB] [Slice of Life] [Supernatural] [Dark Comedy][Free]

#3 Post by Lilan » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:18 am

Update: Shino.
I'm thinking this position fits him. Though the design of the text is not final. Might make a logo or something. Ugh, clothes are hard.
Anyway, this'll be the final concept of Shino.

Lilan

#4 Post by Lilan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:05 am

Just testing the waters that is CG xp I should really focus on writing ..

alberte
Veteran
Tumblr: klaruga
Deviantart: Klaruga

#5 Post by alberte » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:36 pm

First of all i';m in LOVE with your art ///w///
Also I look Alot like your character SHino, I have that colour hair, blue ish violet eyes, short ish hair, and pretty tall.
Your cg has a beautiful quality to it.
Reminds me of Serial experiments Lain a bit.
What do you think of the premise? Is it boring or does it have potential? I personally think you need more conflict, having him being a runaway is good but what else, there needs to be more plot revealed to get readers attention. I can help you brianstorm ideas I'd love too!
2. Is the title alright? What do you think? HMm i think it could be improved but i'm not sure how it relates to the plot just yet.
3. Might be too early but…How do the characters sound? Which bachelor will you choose? THey sound good ^^, I'm not sure yet
4. Any tips on GUI or coding for ren’py? Make a list of features you want in your game, use the #comment function for choices to plan where they are, oh and I also do GUI for you I'd do it for free i'd just need specifications.
5. Any feedback is appreciated. (^_^)/
Question: will it be nvl or adv (or both?>)
I'd really love to help you with this project ^_^s/