[DEMO AVAILABLE NOW!] Monstra City Bakery!! (A Monster Dating Game) [ALL x ALL] [LGBT+ Inclusive]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
edgebug
Regular

[DEMO AVAILABLE NOW!] Monstra City Bakery!! (A Monster Dating Game) [ALL x ALL] [LGBT+ Inclusive]

#1 Post by edgebug »

UPDATE! DEMO AVAILABLE ON ITCH.IO NOW! CLICK HERE!

In a world where monsters roam the streets, hungry creatures are sent to one place to feed. They bust through the door, maws intent on devouring their latest snack. Only one person has the power to stop the ravenous horde of tentacled, fanged, winged, many-legged brutes.

That one person… is you. Your weapon? Freshly. Baked. Pastries.

Welcome to Monstra City!

You’ve just inherited your aunt’s bakery in the country’s biggest monster enclave. You’re up to your elbows in debt, and inheriting a small business seems like the answer to your prayers, odd clientele and all. You're the only human in town, but everyone seems pretty friendly. This should be... easy as pie.

How hard can baking a few cakes be, anyway?

Monstra City Bakery includes:
  • nine dateable monsters--three bachelorettes, three bachelors, and three nonbinary bachelorennes for you to get to know and romance as you make your home in Monstra City
  • choosable name and pronouns for the player character: yes, you can be nonbinary!
  • all characters dateable by all player genders--no need to be called the wrong pronouns for an entire playthrough just to date the monster of your dreams!
  • a dateable giant spider
  • so, so many baked goods. Just, like, so many
The Dateables

The Progress So Far

• ALL of the city's dateables have had their routes completely written out! Each route is clocking in at between 12,000 and 15,000 words. With all the routes and all the other bakery shenanigans, the game will easily reach 150k words, if not more
  • The game's GUI is all coded in and functional, as you can see:

• All of the character art / sprite work is done!
  • And all of the programming is in place--everything functions, it's just a matter of placing the content into the framework.

I'm a young adult and a one-man band; I'm doing all of the writing, all of the art, and all of the programming for this game myself. I've been diligently working since October 2017--It's been a labor of love, and I'm having a blast with it. I intend to distribute commercially through Steam and itch.io.

Lastly, if you're interested in keeping up with Monstra City Bakery, you can check out our site here, or if you're interested in supporting the project and getting cool stuff like stickers or charms in return, you can check us out on Patreon here.

Thank you for checking out this project, and thank you for showing interest. I appreciate it more than I can express.

We're going to have a great time in Monstra City!
Last edited by edgebug on Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offworlder
Regular

Re: Monstra City Bakery!! (A Monster Dating Game) [ALL x ALL] [LGBT+ Inclusive]

#2 Post by Offworlder »

I love EVERYTHING about this game! The bright and cheery colors, the character designs, the logo, the very fact that you can date such a wide variety of monsters...Plus, I'm always super impressed by any jack-of-all-trades development endeavors. Keep up the amazing work! I am very much looking forward to playing your game once it's complete. ^-^

edgebug
Regular

#3 Post by edgebug »

Thank you so much! The character designs and colors are absolutely something I've thought a lot about; I want the tone of the game to be friendly and genuinely fun and funny as opposed to a more satirical tone, you know?

Can I ask what about the character designs speak to you specifically? I've got some NPC and non-dateable monsters in the works and I'd like to get some feedback on what you find appealing about the dateables. :)

Piper
Regular
Projects: Refraction

#4 Post by Piper »

All I can say is...wow. I love the resources you've shared and the entire concept. Turning something like the concept of monsters on its head is always a treat in my book. Keep up the good work. :)

timepatches
Regular
Completed: When Aster Falls; Were|House; DemiDato: Monster Dating Show; Grand-Nya
Projects: The Bat-Chelor
Organization: Sad Ghost Studios
Tumblr: sadghoststudios
itch: Sad Ghost Studios

#5 Post by timepatches »

This looks awesome so far, can't wait to see more!! ;w;
ImageImage Image

★☆ currently: DEMIDATO RELEASED MARCH 14 \ *°▽°* /
i appreciate honest critique!

edgebug
Regular

Re: [DEMO AVAILABLE NOW!] Monstra City Bakery!! (A Monster Dating Game) [ALL x ALL] [LGBT+ Inclusive]

#6 Post by edgebug »

UPDATE! DEMO AVAILABLE ON ITCH.IO NOW! CLICK HERE!