Seeking testers for True Love style dating sim

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Seeking testers for True Love style dating sim

#1 Post by papillon »

Upfront warning - this is a completely vanilla school dating sim. There is no hentai, no magic, no aliens, no combat, no minigames. You play a slightly dorky boy, you choose activities, you raise stats, you try to date a variety of girls.

Looking for testers willing to perform the thankless job of playing through the incomplete game multiple times trying different strategies and seeing what's possible, what's impossible, what events can accidentally happen out of sequence, and things like that. And the endings aren't in place yet, so your rewards are few. This is a commercial project (although not a Hanako Games project) so people I at least vaguely know and can vouch for would be preferred. :) The beta isn't ready yet, so you won't hear from me right away - it's getting there, though.
Attachments
midori.jpg

Aashtarsrain
Regular
Projects: Speed Dater Evolution, The Magistrate

Re: Seeking testers for True Love style dating sim

#2 Post by Aashtarsrain »

Well, I'm really interested and I would try my best to help with the testing ! I've played a lot of games of that kind (I love playing them over and over to find everything !) and I know what to expect from Ren'Py (if it uses Ren'Py of course) because I've been programming a lot of stuff in different versions for nearly a year now. And I won't pull a face if I'm not accepted :lol: !

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#3 Post by sake-bento »

::raises hand:: I like trying to break games. I've done some testing and debugging before in college (but not for VNs, just normal old programming). I know I'm still kinda new, so I won't be hurt if you'd rather not use me. XD

proudy

#4 Post by proudy »

Well im up for it if you'll have me, i've done testing on my uni course, vb.net kinda stuff though, i'm new here and i wont be hurt if you don't choose me

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by gekiganwing »

To papillon:

First question: I know it might be too early to ask, but... Windows only, or multiplatform? (Might not matter to other people, but my PC is aging and might not last much longer.)

Second question: "This is a commercial project (although not a Hanako Games project)..." Are you working with a larger company, other small press game creators, or creating a new imprint? Just wondering.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#6 Post by papillon »

It's a RenPy game, it'll be out for at least Mac/Win, I can't remember if the company sells Linux games or not but probably that too. (And no, I still don't know how to use RenPy, I just know people that DO.)

I'm helping out a fellow indie, the game will belong to one of his labels. Still small, not a mainstream juggernaut. :)

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#7 Post by rioka »

papillon wrote:I'm helping out a fellow indie, the game will belong to one of his labels.
Tell him that it looks great so far. I'm looking forward to the final result! : )

BellosTheMighty
Regular

#8 Post by BellosTheMighty »

No hentai? But isn't that the fun of it?

Seriously, though. I'd be willing to do some testing, if you'd like. It sounds like fun, and we need more rom-sim games in the market.
----
"Yes, ninety percent would never get finished, and ninety percent of the rest would suck. That's the way it always works. That's how you get stuff that kicks ass." -Andrew Plotkin

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#9 Post by rioka »

BellosTheMighty wrote:No hentai? But isn't that the fun of it?
I didn't play True Love for the hentai aspect. :| Maybe I'm weird, then?

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#10 Post by chronoluminaire »

eclipse wrote:
I don't think you need to take Bellos entirely seriously.
But I didn't play True Love or Season of the Sakura for the hentai either. I may have appreciated it (some of the time :/), but it wasn't the reason I played.
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

BellosTheMighty
Regular

#11 Post by BellosTheMighty »

chronoluminaire wrote:
eclipse wrote:
I don't think you need to take Bellos entirely seriously.
No, you don't. That was tongue-in-cheek. ^_^
----
"Yes, ninety percent would never get finished, and ninety percent of the rest would suck. That's the way it always works. That's how you get stuff that kicks ass." -Andrew Plotkin