[SOLVED!] Unable to load?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

[SOLVED!] Unable to load?

#1 Post by sasquatchii »

Hi everyone,

I'm unable to get my game to properly load saved games.

Here's the error I get when I try to load any of my previously saved games:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
ImportError: No module named matrix

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 912, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3510, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/display/layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/display/transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/display/layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 707, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/display/layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/display/layout.py", line 244, in event
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 946, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 881, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/loadsave.py", line 760, in load
    roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
  File "/Applications/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/loadsave.py", line 63, in loads
    return cPickle.loads(s)
ImportError: No module named matrix

Darwin-18.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
UI 1.0
Mon Jul 15 14:12:44 2019
I'm really stumped on what's going on, any help or insight would be very much appreciated!
Last edited by sasquatchii on Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Crazy Li
Regular

Re: Unable to load?

#2 Post by Crazy Li »

It must be a change you made to the game since those saves happened. Usually for me, it's simple things like I added a new variable to the code but the save is taken past the point that variable would be set, so it doesn't exist and errors. Yours looks a little more complicated than that, but to narrow it down, you'd have to think about all the things you changed since you made that save.

Broken saves are kind of a part of a game in development, though. As long as you can start a new game and play to the point of that save without triggering this, I wouldn't really worry about it. It's an issue of the save file lacking some necessary information that the newer version of the game is now asking for.

Oh and as long as you can start a new game, make a FRESH save and load that. That's not your issue, is it?

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

Re: Unable to load?

#3 Post by sasquatchii »

Crazy Li, you are exactly right! When I save now and try to load it I am able to do so no problem! How strange.

Thank you for your help :)
ImageImage