[IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

Re: [IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

#301 Post by SweetChiel »

chiharuchi wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:59 am AAAHHHHHHH ma girl Chiel coming in with the updates. A cure for my sadness when one of the game projects I'm following is abandoned. D'X Omg Chiel I cannot wait to play your game! <3 I can be harsh with games sometimes but you, ma girl? I'm sure I'll love it! That and I've played Nusantara. xD I'm definitely gonna go for them bad boys first (if I can). Keep up the good work Chiel! Happy Idul Fitri

Also visited your boyfriend's family did you HmMMmmmMM? ;o
I might be slow in scriptwriting, but you can bet I won't stop, ever! x'D
thank you for waiting and patiently followed my updates for a long time! QuQ I'll do my best to reach your expectations and more! *hugs

You too, Happy Idul Fitri and happy holidays! Let's work hard together! xD

And *cough* yep, I think his family likes me! *gulp* I hope!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 6/17/2019!

#302 Post by SweetChiel »

Good morning, guys!
What's up? How's your week?

Mine went okay, considering Idul Fitri is over and my neighbor is busy renovating again :'D

I wrote 5.1k+ words of angst! *sob* and I still need to write more T^T I think we're nearing the ending, but it's still pretty rough on the edges and I haven't got a good idea about what the bad ending would be.

Hmm... I think I'll just go with the flow for now? As usual?

Oh, I've also finished watching Game of Thrones and despite many people being disappointed, I found the ending acceptable and not too shocking o.o I mean, it's not that bad >< while there are some loopholes/some things could've been planned better, I found myself sweating and sitting on the edge of my chair pretty often due to the many surprise elements.

For example, *spoiler alert!* I disagree when people said Jaime's character arc is all for nothing.

I think we all could agree that the Lannister is a great example about how complicated a family could be.

He didn't get to pick who he loves and this has been pointed out again and again how much he loved Cersei.

Even if he wanted to stop, he couldn't and in the end, Cersei really became the end of him (The hint/foreshadowings are everywhere, especially in the scene where Jaime gave poisoned wine to the old matriarch of Highgarden and quote 'Love is the death of duty' could also means 'Love is more powerful than reason'). He was given a chance to start fresh with Brienne, but he didn't take it. I think this is normal. This is human. Love and hate are the most powerful emotions there are and the things we did for them sometimes cannot be reasoned with logic.

Meanwhile, Jon is another type of human who is able to push away love and did something he hated/didn't want to, because he knows it's the right thing to do.

Somehow, I wasn't really surprised Daenerys took a turn to the worse. Again, it's because the hints are there and the simple explanation where Varys said 'Every tyrant I served believe in destiny'. I mean, it's hard to advice someone when they believe they're the most right. They think their choice is the best for everyone and when you put power in that person's hand, aka a dragon, it's kinda hard to argue when one wrong word could mean we're burnt to ashes.

Daenerys used to be the most compassionate person, but I think the loss of her loved ones pushed her over the edge. Like Cersei.

Cersei is... how to say this. I think her state of mind has been hazardous ever since she witnessed her mother's death. It only became worse when her children died and because she was unable to trust people easily (for good reason; she was surrounded by scheming people, including her father's teaching), her mindset is that she is surrounded by enemies. In addition to that, she's insecure as heck. She couldn't even trust Jaime wholly and kept an eye on him like a hawk. Shrieking at the first signs of possible betrayal and whatnot.

Either way, depending on the circumstances, I came to a conclusion; love could make us the happiest or the most miserable person in the world Q_Q it could even make some people went insane so...

*Sigh*

*Spoiler ends here*

I'm sorry if I rambled ><; I can write an essay about why Game of Thrones is a great show, but I should stop here x_x

In any case, I've learned a lot! Especially about human traits! It was epic! I'm really glad I watched it! And that's something considering how I used to not like tragedy/sad endings! Q_Q

I'll do my best and hopefully, I can make a good story that could catch both good and bad sides of human!

That's it for now and see you guys next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

-----------------------~(OuO)~-----------------------

Support me on:
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/SweetChiel
or buy me a Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/sweetchiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 6/24/2019!

#303 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey guys! How did your week go?
Mine was okay, I had my ups and downs this week ><;

But most importantly, I reached my quota of polishing and writing 3k+ words per week!

The angst is still going~ and I think I'll need some time to polish each layer until it reached the level I wanted (the building of angst is hard work!)

I made some unwise decisions though...

Like, I saw a 50% discount for Harvest Moon: A New Beginning 3DS and I bought it without thinking :') I ended up spending days immersed in it OTL I'm sorry! I really like Amir and I wanted to marry him! *cough

And after I got carried away with harvest moon, I went with my boyfriend to a wedding of his friend and a japanese festival called Ennichisai/Little Tokyo at Jakarta...

The wedding is beautiful, the bride is gorgeous, and I cried when the bride and groom hugged their parents Q_Q

But Ennichisai is very crowded. Seriously, it's hard to just walk around and don't ask how hot it is at midday!

But I had a blast! This is my first time going to the festival and my boyfriend and I gorged ourselves with the food and I played Yo Yo Tsuri, which is fishing Yo Yo water balloons! 

I saw these water balloons often in animes, but I never thought I'll have the chance to try playing and own two! x'D

There's also a snack called Ringo Ame or Candy Apples for sale, but unfortunately, I have weak front teeth so to avoid another appointment with my dentist, I can't eat it ><

I also met many of my boyfriends' friends! They're very nice and some even cosplayed!

Overall, I wasn't able to do much angst writing because of the many happy events I attended--and I was planning to finish some scenes in one go *sob* I'm very sorry for the delay, guys!  *bows* m(_ _)m Hopefully, I can do more writing this week! I'll find an angst novel or movie to get me in the mood if I have to!

Thanks for reading and see you again next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 7/1/2019!

#304 Post by SweetChiel »

Morning, guys! Sorry, I overslept a bit ><

The scriptwriting went well last week!

I wrote 4k+ words! I only have a scene or two left before the climax, then bad ending and good ending -^.^)/

The thing is... an unplanned twist happened in a scene I was writing and when I reread it, I like it! But that means, I need to re-adjust the conversation happened next to it if I want to keep it :"D 

Sheeesh, the characters are doing whatever they like, not thinking of their author at all! I was happy with the flow of the conversation, but now I need to re-adjust it and I'm having a hella headache over it :'))

I'll... try and think of something about that twist. 

On another less important note, I tweaked with Kahlil's abs again x'D

I made it firmer, softer, and less conspicuous(?) to fit his face better (I think it's better now? tell me if you think otherwise ><)

*sigh* I'm still thinking about how to adjust the conversation to fit the twist--but anyway! I'll do my best as usual and re-read it again later >:) 

Cheers to another productive week! 
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 7/8/2019!

#305 Post by SweetChiel »

Morning, guys~!

After re-writing & adjusting the scenes in Chapter 5... I've finally come to a conclusion...

That's right, folks! The Scriptwriting is now finished! *cue fireworks 1, 2, & 3*

The good end ended up a bit anticlimatic compared to the main bachelor routes, because there's little to no action--it's leaning more toward psychological than physical, know what I mean? ><

Ah, I also need to polish his bad ending! It's conclusive but kinda short, I need to get back my angsty mood--what was I thinking when I wrote the main bachelors bad ends? @@ The quality over there is insane--I need to maintain the quality control!

...Still, please bear with me if the antagonist route feels like a bonus addition/add-on compared to the main routes ^^; for me, it's like tying up the loose ends & telling the story from another perspective. The philosophy I'm trying to tell you is about moral dilemma and it's uncertain consequences, which could lead into something we never expected to happen, but...

I'll leave it to you! *bows m(_ _)m hopefully, my message could reach you!

In any case, I can finally start programming and CG making this week! The goal is one scene perday and one CG perweek! *happy dance*

My uncle from Surabaya is coming though and I'm quite close to him, so I may have less work day than before because I want to visit & play with him >///< *cough*

Alright, that's it for now and see you guys next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

P.S. Thank you so much for everyone's support from the start until now Q_Q I can't believe I've finished writing the story--it's quite sentimental, I didn't want to finish it, but I want to complete the game quickly to show to you all!

I can't do this without you ^///^ we're more than halfway there with the most difficult part done! So please wait a bit more!

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 7/15/2019!

#306 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey, guys! What's up?
Last week was probably one of my most busiest times in my life @@

Here, I made a list:
1. I programmed in the antagonist's CG button & love meter! These will unlock once you open the antagonist's route by getting all three main bachelors' happy endings! :3

I censored the love meter to avoid spoilers x'D

The last empty space belongs to Gale (we failed to reach his stretch goal @Indiegogo, but let's leave him an empty space ^.^ who knows what can happen in the future, right?)

2. New icon for Encyclopedia button! I'll work on the encyclopedia after most of the programming is done & only need proofreading!

3. I came back from Chapter 5 to Chapter 1 for the sake of checking quality control and guess what? My proofreaders and I found so many things to polish and improve!

Man, they hammered me mercilessly and after writing for so long, I asked myself:
- What's with the ridiculous number of ellipsis?
- Why did I ' ' so many words?
- What was I thinking back then?? x'DD 

Needless to say, Chapter 1 got an intense session of polishing.

I edited and polished like I've never before in my life @@ And, oh, besides grammar mistakes, I also adjusted some of the conversations--especially when Maya first met the Goddess. Hopefully, they will flow better now ><

With that in mind, please look forward for an upgraded version of the demo soon! -^.^)/

Currently, we've just finished proofreading Chapter 1. Chapter 2 is next and once we're done with the demo part of the script, we'll immediately upload it! We might upgrade it twice or thrice like Winged Ones until we're completely satisfied and make sure it's perfect.

Maybe you can compare the old demo with the new one to see how far we've improved? I'll leave it to your hands! *bows*

4. Alas, I decide to program the antagonist's route separately from the main routes. For me, it's easier to program this way ><

I made a table to show you the programming progress ^.^)/ I will only give a stamp everytime we're done with the chapter's programming, CGs, and proofreading! Let's work hard collecting the stamps, starting from the main bachelors routes!

Phew, that's a long update x'D

Thank you for reading and I'll see you guys next week! *hugs*
Cheers to another productive week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

P.S. My proofreaders and I are perfectionists so expect lots of polishing from now on ^^;

P.S.S. My uncle have gone back to Surabaya! I went shopping & swimming with cousins--really tired afterwards but it was fun!

P.S.S.S. I haven't had the time to play Harvest Moon: A New Beginning 3DS again, but have I told you that I'm beginning to like Sanjay more than Amir? >////< I'm hoping for a reverse confession & proposal!

lol, okay, I'll stop rambling now x'D

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

New Demo Available! Ver 1.2

#307 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi, guys! As promised, here comes the new upgraded demo! Let's give a big thank you & warm hugs to my proofreaders; Kii*Anima, Krystal Flare, and crystalscm! *throws confetti*

Thanks to them, Bermuda's demo is now available with improved grammar, adjusted conversations, and polished scenes! I also fixed some--if not all--lingering bugs which appeared after we updated our Ren'Py software ^.^)/ Feel free to compare the old demo with the new one and tell us your thoughts! 

Like Winged Ones, we will continue to do our best and strive to become better! Most of the time, we usually re-read the script over and over again until we're satisfied, but we'd appreciate it if you can help us find a bug we missed/typo/grammar.

Bermuda is a bigger project than Winged Ones and I like to tweak things here and there as I program, so we'll probably go back and forth a lot, so... yup, going to spend a loooooot of our time proofreading x'D

Lastly, after you reached the end of the demo, there's a a bonus! You can try our puzzle mini game and find a small gift prepared just for you ;) Can you guess what it is?

Download via itch.io : https://sweetchiel.itch.io/nusantara-bermuda-triangle

Looking forward to hear your thoughts!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

P.S. I'm going to play my first ever Escape Room the day after tomorrow! It's called Pandora Experience and I'm going with my boyfriend + 6 friends x'D (8 people in total) We chose Amityville. I hope it's not too scary!

Support me on:

FerventWriter
Regular
Tumblr: writingandmore

#308 Post by FerventWriter »

The new demo was amazing! I loved all the sprites, and quickly fell in love with all the characters-you all did an amazing job fleshing them out and making them believable. I can't wait for the antagonist route either. I did find some slight grammatical errors in the beginning chapter though-if you want you could DM me and I can show you what I found? Or give me some other way of contact, whatever you're comfortable with. This is an amazing project and you've worked so hard! I can't wait to see more :D

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#309 Post by SweetChiel »

FerventWriter wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:45 am The new demo was amazing! I loved all the sprites, and quickly fell in love with all the characters-you all did an amazing job fleshing them out and making them believable. I can't wait for the antagonist route either. I did find some slight grammatical errors in the beginning chapter though-if you want you could DM me and I can show you what I found? Or give me some other way of contact, whatever you're comfortable with. This is an amazing project and you've worked so hard! I can't wait to see more :D
Hi, FerventWriter!
Thank you for playing the new demo and I'm glad to hear you love it! >///<
And yes, please! You can pm me for the grammar errors through here in lemmasoft, email me at sweetchielvnp@yahoo.com, or you can pm me via my Facebook Page ^.^ whichever is fine so pick what you're most comfortable with and I'll fix them right away >:D *please whip me into shape!*

xoxo,
SweetChiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 7/22/2019!

#310 Post by SweetChiel »

Morning, guys!
How did your week go?

Mine was mostly spent with getting to know Ren'Py programming again ><

1. Chapter 2's progress is on!

Chapter 2 revolves around Maya's arrival on the Forgotten Isles & the mysterious half-submerged houses. Part 1 was finished and was included in the demo while we've just started with part 2 ;)
209 pages are a lot? Well, wait until you see how many pages there are in Chapter 5 x'D

2. Because I haven't reached the part with new CGs, I focused on finishing secondary sprites for Kahlil, Arya, and Guntur's fighting pose.

Arya's sprites are really easy to program. Both secondary poses comes with a variety of 'with a bag/no bag'.

I had some ups and downs reacquainting myself with Kahlil's sprite programming though x_x his flicking ears and moving tail are cute as hell, but the programming could be as confusing as heck lol. However, thanks to him, I managed to adapt into programming quite fast. His ears and tails also makes him the most expressive of all four bachelors.

On the other hand, I haven't decided on Kahlil's fighting pose >< he's a character focusing on agility so... maybe I'll use a running pose instead? Arya's fighting pose is his wolf form so he's the first one finished lol.

Hmm? You want to see Guntu's fightinng pose? I'm sorry, but for now, Guntur's fighting pose will be exclusively kept for the eyes of my patrons on patreon! ^.^)/

3. More polishing! As usual, there are scenes to be adjusted and polished~

Welp! We've just started and I think 11 pages are a good start! >:) If I remember right, there's only 3 CGs in Chapter 2 part 2, so I'll make Kahlil's fighting/running pose when I have extra time.

That's it for now and see you guys again next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

P.S. I'm going to try my hand at 3D koi painting in resin! Since every layer of resin needs around 8 hours to dry, I think it's something I can do to relax before I go to sleep.

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 7/29/2019!

#311 Post by SweetChiel »

Good morning, guys!
Whew, I'm beat @@ 

Last week was probably the most productive week I've had in a while--and also the most horrifying.

You see, while I was programming, my HDD suddenly disconnected and Ren'Py crashed. The script got corrupted and the codes were all GONE! Thank goodness ren'py has a backup or I'd be having seisures ^^;

Everything is good now and I don't intend to repeat the same mistake. I'll save several backups for Bermuda from now on ><

In any case, here's the list of what I did last week!
1. Programmed 26 pages! This includes new sfxs & new expression sprites :3

2. Programmed in a feature where you can look at items/story progress in stats screen!

Maya's thoughts will be updated regularly and as you progress with the story, the important items you found will be stored here! (I censored the first item to avoid spoiler~) You can't click it, but if you hover over it, a small description will be shown as above ^.^)/ 

3. Finished off Kahlil's running/fighting sprite & programmed it in!

His running sprite is very difficult to pull off x_x the image you see above is the last two revision I did before I finalized it:

It doesn't look strange, right? o.o

4. Finished the first colored version of Guntur's tattoo & 2 linearts of Guntur's CGs!
Sneak peek for Guntur's tattoo +1 of his CG are available for my patrons on my patreon for now~ OuO)/ I will color the linearts as soon as I don't have any second thoughts--one CG has a tricky pose and I don't want to color it unless I'm sure with the body's proportion.

5. Finished 3 item icons! One of them is story-related so I can't show it to you, but these two should look familiar to you:

Lots of sneak peeks for you today! Are you happy? ^///^ I sure am! Not every day I have the motivation and strength to be so productive!

Let's continue to work hard!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

P.S. I'm going to take a good rest today though ><

Support me on: 

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 8/5/2019!

#312 Post by SweetChiel »

Hey, guys!
Sorry for the late post, we got a 7.4 earthquake at Saturday and midday through Sunday, I got a blackout until now =_=;

I can't sleep well without an AC--it's super hot. My mom and I ended up going to a cousin's house to charge our phones and my laptop... if I knew there's going to be an earthquake and a blackout, I would've spent Monday & Tuesday programming instead of sleeping Q_Q

Programming progress:

programmed in 47 pages Q_Q I wish I could do more. I was aiming for page 100!

I drew a lot last week so I thought I'd focus on programming. But guess what?
Chapter 2 part 2 got a lot of info dumps and conversations, so I spent most of my time polishing & editing them :'D

I started working in the mornings, but I often overthink things and after asking a lot of questions to my proofreader, Kii*Anima, it's already night before I knew it OTL then the blackout came.

The other things I did would be; collecting more sfxs and programming Kaiden's & Gale's sprites into the game!

We're very close to our first big event >< it includes lots of simple animations, like; moving the sprites, making simple attacking effects, shaking effects, sillhouettes, etc.

Example of the attacking effect:

Ocassionally, I would also make simple secondary backgrounds. Like this dirty roof background:

I hope there won't be another earthquake... it's like a foreshadowing of another tsunami :S I hope not. And blackouts are a nightmare!

In any case, let's hope for the best and work hard again this week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Support me on:

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#313 Post by Zelan »

I hope everyone is okay after the earthquake <3 stay safe SweetChiel!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#314 Post by SweetChiel »

Zelan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:06 pm I hope everyone is okay after the earthquake <3 stay safe SweetChiel!
Thanks, Zelan!
Fortunately, there's no consecutive earthquake x'D We're all in the green now~
Thank you for the concern and for dropping by!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 8/12/2019!

#315 Post by SweetChiel »

Good morning, guys!
How did your week go? Mine was pretty hectic--I wrestled with our first big event!

- This 22 pages programmed in is an achievement, trust me x_x
Remember the piglet/baby boar? Our first big event involves an action scene with it and its parents lol. Loads of simple sprites' animation, too.

I also polished the past scenes; especially the conversation scenes with info dumps. Time passed quickly when I polish these conversations :'D

I'm quite satisfied with them now, but after everything is programmed in, I'm planning to reread them again and see if there's anything I can do to make the flow better. My proofreaders might have a better idea for them too, so... yup, we're definitely gonna polish them 'til they sparkle! x'D

- Finished another CG lineart! There's going to be 2 common/group CG in Chapter 2 part 2 and this is the first one! Here's a non-spoiler sneak peek for you~

- Programmed in, Arya's wolf fighting form, new expressions, 2 new attack+movement effect, 2 new enemy silhouettes, & 3 new items!
The new expressions are mostly Kahlil's. He's quite handful since I need to change his ears' and tail's movement often when he's stressed out.

- Lots of new sfxs & 2 new BGMs!
I never thought it would be so hard to find clean sfxs for a wolf's howl and snarl/snapping ^^; I edited some of them and some ended up not being used OTL

And sometimes, I want to smack my past-self in the face for not writing a BGMs title properly! I mean, I spent hours just to find the appropriate BGMs for the action scene!

In any case, I'm glad that our first action scene is done and over with :'3 I polished it a lot and I hope I created the tension well enough >< I'm planning to take some rest this week--the action scene took a lot from me and sleep sounds heavenly right now~

I hope your week isn't as hectic as mine! Cheers for another productive week though!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Support me on: