Shout For Joy, Share Your Happiness

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Shout For Joy, Share Your Happiness

#736 Post by Zelan »

For one thing I'm happy to see some more replies in this thread (: when I first joined LSF there were pretty frequently new posts but there's been some space in between now.

But enough about you guys lmao, my first year of college went really well, I'm set for the last week of summer camp counseling this year, and then I'll be diving in to year 2. The only downside is that I don't have as much time for VNs or LSF as I used to, and I miss you guys a lot, but I'm still here when I can be and I'm looking forward to playing some games when I can. (:

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

#737 Post by isobellesophia »

For my today happiness is creating a novel on my own, i am always depressed when i didn't do anything except RenPy! This is the only engine i love, its fun and creating dialogues making me so happy! And im glad this week, we had no class at Wednesday! So i got a chance of playing with Renpy and continuing my novel, i also having fun when i draw in my notebook or in my tablet, i hope i wont ever get depressed again! 😊
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#738 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

isobellesophia wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:42 pm For my today happiness is creating a novel on my own, i am always depressed when i didn't do anything except RenPy! This is the only engine i love, its fun and creating dialogues making me so happy! And im glad this week, we had no class at Wednesday! So i got a chance of playing with Renpy and continuing my novel, i also having fun when i draw in my notebook or in my tablet, i hope i wont ever get depressed again! 😊
I'm so glad to hear that! I remember the first time I played VN, I accidentally found one on my school computer. I think one of my seniors must have played it and left it on the school PC. After that I see the credits rolling in, and it mentioned Ren'Py. When I know I can make something as amazing as the VN I played, I'm so excited that I spend a lot of time on LSF just trying to see how to make a VN by myself and finding new friends. LSF also the one who introduced me to digital drawing, I can't imagine my life if I didn't stumble into that VN.

I want to share the news that I'm finally graduated from uni and now continuing my master studies. One of my life goals is accomplished, now hopefully I can study well so when I graduated I can help my family, especially my father on lessening his workload. I'm just nervous because my social skill is absolutely horrendous, going to see if I can improve it somehow. Also, one of the VN projects I'm working on is almost finished as well! Just one sprite left, also some CGs and I think the demo can be released soon. So excited! My health is getting better lately, I'm wishing it can continue to be better so I can start working on more things!

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)

#739 Post by isobellesophia »

YuukiCrossPudding wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:56 am
isobellesophia wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:42 pm For my today happiness is creating a novel on my own, i am always depressed when i didn't do anything except RenPy! This is the only engine i love, its fun and creating dialogues making me so happy! And im glad this week, we had no class at Wednesday! So i got a chance of playing with Renpy and continuing my novel, i also having fun when i draw in my notebook or in my tablet, i hope i wont ever get depressed again! 😊
I'm so glad to hear that! I remember the first time I played VN, I accidentally found one on my school computer. I think one of my seniors must have played it and left it on the school PC. After that I see the credits rolling in, and it mentioned Ren'Py. When I know I can make something as amazing as the VN I played, I'm so excited that I spend a lot of time on LSF just trying to see how to make a VN by myself and finding new friends. LSF also the one who introduced me to digital drawing, I can't imagine my life if I didn't stumble into that VN.

I want to share the news that I'm finally graduated from uni and now continuing my master studies. One of my life goals is accomplished, now hopefully I can study well so when I graduated I can help my family, especially my father on lessening his workload. I'm just nervous because my social skill is absolutely horrendous, going to see if I can improve it somehow. Also, one of the VN projects I'm working on is almost finished as well! Just one sprite left, also some CGs and I think the demo can be released soon. So excited! My health is getting better lately, I'm wishing it can continue to be better so I can start working on more things!
Good luck of your graduation! I hope you could study hard! Well, since i am in grade 8th level, things are just getting harder than my previous levels, i also hope i could pass and make my projects, also, good luck at helping your family, i knew you could since you were now working on it! 😊

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#740 Post by Zelan »

YuukiCrossPudding wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:56 amI want to share the news that I'm finally graduated from uni and now continuing my master studies. One of my life goals is accomplished, now hopefully I can study well so when I graduated I can help my family, especially my father on lessening his workload. I'm just nervous because my social skill is absolutely horrendous, going to see if I can improve it somehow. Also, one of the VN projects I'm working on is almost finished as well! Just one sprite left, also some CGs and I think the demo can be released soon. So excited! My health is getting better lately, I'm wishing it can continue to be better so I can start working on more things!
Congratulations, Yuuki! You should be proud of your accomplishments :D and I'm so glad that the game led you to this forum! You've always been supportive to us and I love having you here on the forum. (:

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#741 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Zelan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:24 pm Congratulations, Yuuki! You should be proud of your accomplishments :D and I'm so glad that the game led you to this forum! You've always been supportive to us and I love having you here on the forum. (:
Thank you so much! I'm glad that you love having me on the forum, and likewise. It's always a pleasure seeing you around here too :D

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#742 Post by Imperf3kt »

Just got handed the keys to my new house.
Is now officially mine and I can start putting my stuff in it.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

Autumnotopia
Regular
Completed: Making Friends
Tumblr: autumnotopiadev
Github: autumngreenley
itch: autumnotopia

#743 Post by Autumnotopia »

Feeling pretty good! I just got done demoing one of my games at a local science museum all weekend, and the first draft of the script for my VN should be done by Wednesday (I've done a ton of small digital projects, but I'm excited to work on something that'll take someone longer than an hour to finish)

Incidentally, kids are extremely harsh critics (one of the other people demoing a game was told by a preteen that he should take a programming class, which is stone cold), but also when they really enjoy something you can tell that it blew their mind. A kid telling you your game is awesome is really good for the soul since you know they almost certainly aren't lying haha
A game about loneliness, chess, and fighting monsters with magic

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#744 Post by Zelan »

I am ENGAGED!!! I love my fiancee(!) a lot and I'm very excited to spend my life with her!

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran

#745 Post by isobellesophia »

Zelan wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:02 am I am ENGAGED!!! I love my fiancee(!) a lot and I'm very excited to spend my life with her!
Congrats! I hope you are going to take care of her or make yourself happy with her, maybe showing of your finished novels to her is a good idea too, so that she can read the novel you've been making.

And good luck with your time with her. :)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#746 Post by Zelan »

isobellesophia wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:58 am
Zelan wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:02 am I am ENGAGED!!! I love my fiancee(!) a lot and I'm very excited to spend my life with her!
Congrats! I hope you are going to take care of her or make yourself happy with her, maybe showing of your finished novels to her is a good idea too, so that she can read the novel you've been making.

And good luck with your time with her. :)
Thank you! (:

Ibitz
Regular
Projects: Magical Disarray (WIP)
Organization: Ibitz Visual Novels
Deviantart: http://ibitz.deviant
itch: ibitz

#747 Post by Ibitz »

Imperf3kt wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:20 pm Just got handed the keys to my new house.
Is now officially mine and I can start putting my stuff in it.
Congrats! Getting a house of your own is so amazing! I just celebrated one year of having mine. It's taken so long just to set up my house, let alone decorate it. Have lots of fun! :)

Ibitz is a self-taught coder/artist who works alone on their games. All games I create are freeware. If you need any help with coding or creating your game, just let me know. I'd be more than happy to help.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#748 Post by Kokoro Hane »

A friend of mine pulled a totally unexpected surprise on me. For Christmas, she sent me a visual novel.... that she MADE herself. It was simple, uses Pixabay images, all that, but she MADE ME a visual novel. That means she had to get Ren'Py and learn the basics (which is why she said it was super simple) but I am beyond IMPRESSED and just completely touched she would go to such lengths to make me smile. I just.... hnnnng <3
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#749 Post by Kokoro Hane »

I reached a milstone yesterday with my NaNoRenO project! This is the safety point in which it can still be released if the last things I have get delayed (it has music, a custom textbox, all the image and sound statements, fully written and functional, even a music room). Ohmygosh I can't believe it... I'm REALLY gonna defeat NaNoRenO... after going at it for 2012 I will actually have a game released for April 1st! And I have all my wonderful team to thank for being so encouraging and having so much fun with this project just as I have! And since we're so on schedule, I feel confident in getting the voiced version out by the deadline, but if life happens, we still won. I'M SO HAPPY I COULD CRY!! T.T
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#750 Post by Imperf3kt »

Half my renovations are complete, a few more weeks and I can finally stop working 14 hour days.

Restumping is complete, floor is finished, old wall lining has been removed, insulation is installed and now the wall is going up.

For those interested, here's a photo I took last night.
https://i.imgur.com/09NcWDZ.jpg
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter