Manor Hill [Romance, Mystery]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
heartForge
Tumblr: heart-forge
itch: heartforge

Manor Hill [Romance, Mystery]

#1 Post by heartForge »

Every year, you attend the Harvest Festival thrown in the manor on the hill; this year promises to be a little different.

Shape your protagonist, a regular farmer, healer, or writer from a modest little fictional town. Like they do every year, they attend the annual Harvest Festival held in a sprawling, resort-sized manor just outside of town. Take advantage an exciting night out filled with familiar faces and exciting strangers by flirting your way through a crowded ballroom to win a bet, and charm one of the exciting guests into spending the evening with you...

Until the whole night goes up in flames around you.

With the help of an attractive party-goer of your choice, you will navigate a gauntlet of intrigue, enemies, and flame to save yourself and the people you care about. Choose between: Valerian, the charismatic gang boss; Gnarl, your best friend and professional con; or Abeni, the lighthearted Fleet Commander, and embark upon a mission to find out what went wrong on Manor Hill.

ImageImageImage

Featuring art by Leyla Mamedova, Amy, and Mattheiu Daures (in order of appearance above).

Play on Itchio

Check Out the Game Blog

Screenshots

Abeni Route

Valerian Route

Gnarl Route

I'd love whatever feedback, whether it be copy editing (I've been known to rush through drafts) or suggestions for what you'd like to see in future drafts !!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Manor Hill [Romance, Mystery]

#2 Post by Zelan »

The character art is gorgeous! And it's super exciting to see a love interest who uses they/them pronouns. Is this an option for the protagonist as well?

fskfx

#3 Post by fskfx »

YES. Oh my gosh, yes.

I found this on Tumblr a little bit ago and absolutely fell in love. I love everything about the pacing, the premise, the dialogue, but most importantly - the characters.

I would die for Gnarl.

That is all.

(But seriously, you have all of my support. One of current favorite interactive stories out there.)

heartForge

#4 Post by heartForge »

Zelan wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:16 pm The character art is gorgeous! And it's super exciting to see a love interest who uses they/them pronouns. Is this an option for the protagonist as well?
It absolutely is yes !! With full written consideration since I personally know that some games like to include it but then they ask you weird prodding questions to categorize your MC one way or another regardless (BIG eyeroll).

heartForge

#5 Post by heartForge »

fskfx wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:45 pm YES. Oh my gosh, yes.

I found this on Tumblr a little bit ago and absolutely fell in love. I love everything about the pacing, the premise, the dialogue, but most importantly - the characters.

I would die for Gnarl.

That is all.

(But seriously, you have all of my support. One of current favorite interactive stories out there.)
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Thanks so much for the support !!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#6 Post by Zelan »

heartForge wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:17 pm
Zelan wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:16 pm The character art is gorgeous! And it's super exciting to see a love interest who uses they/them pronouns. Is this an option for the protagonist as well?
It absolutely is yes !! With full written consideration since I personally know that some games like to include it but then they ask you weird prodding questions to categorize your MC one way or another regardless (BIG eyeroll).
Gosh yeah that's SO annoying. Super looking forward to this game, best of luck with it! Mystery games are fun and this one has a great cast of characters. ^_^