The Nasty Consultant [Business][Adventure][Crime][Thriller]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Al6d

The Nasty Consultant [Business][Adventure][Crime][Thriller]

#1 Post by Al6d »

THE NASTY CONSULTANT
"Help Criminal of the World improve their business!"

You are a recent business school graduate and you got hired by an obscure firm called Dark Island Consulting.
Turns out, this company only works with criminals to help them improve their business.
Your first adventure is to help a Bloodthirsty Mexican Drug Lord called Mr. Ruiz to improve profitability.
You will travel the world to understand Mr Ruiz's business and you will have to avoid temptations and traps on the way.
Are you ready to join the dark side of the business world?
Game On!

Here are some screenshots of the game:

the Nasty consultant travels a lot! From Production facilities in the profound Colombian Jungles, to the HQ of the UN in New York.
Let's not forget the street dealers in on the corners of West Baltimore
Selection_271.png
Selection_272.png
Selection_273.png
Selection_276.png
The nasty consultant life can be dangerous! Be careful in your choices or you could end up 6 feet under!
Selection_274.png
Selection_275.png
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

DEMO AVAILABLE HERE
https://le-vai-arts.itch.io/the-nasty-consultant

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I started writing about this about a year ago. I was a business school student and we had to prepare a lot for consulting job interviews.
But most of the practice cases were boring and not entertaining. So I decided to create some fun ones.
It was actually my most successful blog post:
https://iesemba.com/2018/11/30/nasty-co ... -the-game/

This year, I decided to turn it into a real video game!
This is only a first draft version. I'm trying to see if there is an interest in these type of games and if the gameplay is entertaining enough.
I have tons of ideas for other chapters and also to make the story longer. Let me guys know what you think!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Areas I would like feedback on:

- I really love pixel art, but I'm not a designer. So I completely bootstrapped the game using real images. what's your feedback on that?
Would the game work better with proper pictures?
- How is the gameplay? At the moment of placing the order did you find it easy to understand?
- How are the sound effects? Surprising enough? I bet on the atmosphere rather than music. Is that a safe bet?
- Is there too much text with at the airport stage? does every destination take too long?
- How do you think are the dialogues? I tried to give some life to them but I'm unsure of the tone for some.
- How long did it take you to solve it? Should I increase the length of a main adventure or create several small chapters?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

Re: The Nasty Consultant [Business][Adventure][Crime][Thriller]

#2 Post by isobellesophia »

This is kinda cool, gotta play it though and test it, this are looks exactly like a real-like people. Good job on working this. :)
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.

drinkerofmilk
Regular
itch: socah

#3 Post by drinkerofmilk »

Very interesting topic and artwork. What technique did you use to do the pixelization? I especially like the airport and the guy with the gun one.

Al6d

#4 Post by Al6d »

drinkerofmilk wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:55 pm Very interesting topic and artwork. What technique did you use to do the pixelization? I especially like the airport and the guy with the gun one.
Hi! I took beautiful stock pictures and put them through https://pixel-stitch.net

I wanted to have a functional prototype as soon as possible to see if there was any interest in the storyline.

drinkerofmilk
Regular
itch: socah

#5 Post by drinkerofmilk »

Cool, I think some of the patterns it creates are really good. I'm going to play around with it for a bit.