My internet is OK for playing browser games (I'm aware Ren'py is not primarily web-based so it simply cannot be as optimized as games that were built for web in the first place) so that shouldn't be a big factor, but I did not get to test it anywhere else yet.
The issues, from the little play-testing I did, were mainly:
- music stops/stutters
- text freezes or stops loading and then loads all at once
- non-transparent images are JPG, compressed and are the exact size needed
- transparent images are PNG, compressed and are the exact size needed
- repetitive GUI elements are the same (game_menu/main_menu, some pop-up frames, etc.)
- sound files are OGG, compressed and trimmed to a reasonable length
- it was never intended for phone so I got rid of all phone-related sections & deleted unused History screen
So now my question is, what else could I do to make my game run faster in browser?
If anyone has any tips or ideas or experience, I would be really interested in hearing it & thanks so much in advance!