Punchline!! [Free][Kinetic][Comedy][Light-hearted][Slice of Life][Pixel Art][Steam]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
kuranke

Punchline!! [Free][Kinetic][Comedy][Light-hearted][Slice of Life][Pixel Art][Steam]

#1 Post by kuranke »

Download Here!

Punchline!! is a short and free slice-of-life comedic visual novel that places you into the daily lives of a poverty-stricken grifter who's convinced that we're surrounded by outlandish conspiracies and a stoic, anti-social stick-in-the-mud who has a penchant for booze and is disillusioned and unsatisfied with her work life as you experience their various misadventures in the hustle and bustle of Noo Yawk City!!

Punchline!! differs from your typical visual novel by adopting a scenario-based structure with the player going through mostly self contained episodes with their own stories, one-by-one in a linear fashion. This is akin to a typical TV sitcom in the sense that each episode focuses on a certain situation or scenario that has a beginning, middle and end as opposed to a larger, overarching narrative found in serialized television.

• Pixel Art style
  • Linear, scenario-based structure with nine different episodes
  • Fun cast of characters
  • Pick up and play at your own pace!
  • Free!!

Known issues: If you're alt-tabbed for an extended period of time and resume, the game may slow up. I'm looking to get this fixed, sorry for the inconvenience.
Punchline!! was developed entirely by me over the period of a year. The game itself is only an hour long but if you enjoyed it and maybe even chuckled here and there, please let me know :)

This is my first visual novel and well first creative endevaour really, but I'd love to continue to do so more. Your feedback is valuable so if you're willing to take the time out of your day to drop some I'd be super appreciative. Thank you :)
Last edited by kuranke on Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zankizuna
Veteran
Completed: Monochrome Valentine
Projects: Softwar
Deviantart: raseru09
itch: ZanKizuna

Re: Punchline!! [Free][Kinetic][Comedy][Light-hearted][Slice of Life][Pixel Art][Steam]

#2 Post by zankizuna »

sorry, wasn't there a popular anime VN out there named Punch Line too?
hmmmm
But heeyyy your project is looking really cool, consistent. Congrats on the release!
Always appreciate solid pixel art in indie games!

kuranke

Re: Punchline!! [Free][Kinetic][Comedy][Light-hearted][Slice of Life][Pixel Art][Steam]

#3 Post by kuranke »

zankizuna wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:30 am sorry, wasn't there a popular anime VN out there named Punch Line too?
hmmmm
But heeyyy your project is looking really cool, consistent. Congrats on the release!
Always appreciate solid pixel art in indie games!
Thank you! :')

And yes, haha! Although I didn't realize until I already went through with it :lol: