A Piece of Sweetness [Voiced][Linear][Jigsaw Puzzles][Wholesome][FREE]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

A Piece of Sweetness [Voiced][Linear][Jigsaw Puzzles][Wholesome][FREE]

#1 Post by Kokoro Hane »

{ DOWNLOAD AT ITCH.IO }
( Windows / Mac / Linux )

A Piece of Sweetness is a linear visual novel about a girl named Emily that is a tourist in an unknown town. She happens upon a little cafe called the Tea & Bakery where, over the course of five days, enjoys a variety of tea and sweets! The tea and sweets Emily enjoys plays out as a jigsaw puzzle for the player to solve before progressing in the story.

FEATURES:
- 3,700+ words in length
- Fully voiced dialogue of the barista (120 lines total)
- Linear story; 1 ending, some choice interaction
- 15 different jigsaw puzzles to piece together
- Relaxing selection of music (playable also in Music Room)
- View finished puzzles in the Gallery section
- Short but sweet, and free~

CHARACTERS
A wandering tourist that stumbles upon the Tea & Bakery, absolutely famished.

Artwork by Akane-K from Pixabay (free to use)

A kind, friendly, and helpful barista that will make you feel right at home here at the Tea & Bakery!
Artwork by Lihn provided by Studio Senpai (@StudioSenpai via Twitter) (free to use)

Before playing, this is the recommended Music Volume setting as to not drown out the voicework
Music Volume recommended settings.png

SCREENSHOTS
screenshot0003.png
screenshot0006.png
screenshot0004.png
screenshot0005.png
screenshot0008.png

Developer's Notes
This game was actually created as a Christmas gift to two of my closest friends! They got to play it first, and I am happy they enjoyed it! The game itself is not really Christmas themed, aside from one choice in ordering holiday cookies, otherwise it's good any time of the year! But I wanted to create something wholesome for the season. I love SusanTheCat's jigsaw puzzle code and have wanted a chance to implement it, and I decided to experiment with having it in this game! I began the project on December 6th and completed it yesterday December 21st. I must thank the lovely voice actress Katie Otten for delivering her lines speedily for the project, she did a fantastic job! I hadn't used the new GUI in awhile, as I've been having more fun with the legacy GUI in some of my WiPs, so this was nice to make another HD res game (plus customizing screens is a little easier, IMO).

I hope you all enjoy this game as much as I did creating it!

Game's full credits can be found at the end of the game.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

FerventWriter
Regular
Tumblr: writingandmore

Re: A Piece of Sweetness [Voiced][Linear][Jigsaw Puzzles][Wholesome][FREE]

#2 Post by FerventWriter »

This was such a sweet little game! It was a lot of fun, and the visuals for the puzzles were so pretty! It was also such a nice touch that it was voice-acted;it made it seem even more cute that way. It was definitely the pick me up that I needed today. Thank you so much for your hard work in making something so cute and fun.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

Re: A Piece of Sweetness [Voiced][Linear][Jigsaw Puzzles][Wholesome][FREE]

#3 Post by Kokoro Hane »

FerventWriter wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:08 pm This was such a sweet little game! It was a lot of fun, and the visuals for the puzzles were so pretty! It was also such a nice touch that it was voice-acted;it made it seem even more cute that way. It was definitely the pick me up that I needed today. Thank you so much for your hard work in making something so cute and fun.
I am pleased you enjoyed the game and it could serve as a little pick me up for you! That means a lot to me to know that, and I am sure my voice actress will be pleased to know you enjoyed the voicing and made it seem that much cuter! You have a wonderful holiday season, and thanks again for playing! ^^
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"