[Paid] Native English Writing, Editing, and Proofreading Services [OPEN]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Khadrian
Regular

[Paid] Native English Writing, Editing, and Proofreading Services [OPEN]

#1 Post by Khadrian »

Hello, everyone! I'm Khadrian, a native English speaker offering proofreading and editing services. I specialize in works either written by non-native English speakers or that have been translated into English from another language. I am also available for writing commissions at the moment. Details below:

Proofreading:
I'll read through your text and fix any spelling and grammatical errors I find. This should be the final step for your script.

Editing:
In addition to fixing spelling and grammatical errors, I will make suggested edits to improve the flow and readability of sentences.

Writing:
I'm open to all genres and themes. If you have a specific style in mind, you can share any examples you have, and I will do my best to match it. When making a request, please include as much information as you can about important characters, themes, and plot points, so I can better understand and gauge my interest in your project. I will prefer projects that include some form of outline for me to follow, so please have one prepared if possible. However, I'm also willing to develop an outline with you at your request.

Developmental Editing:
I will take a look at any project notes or outlines you have and identify, as well as help fix, any plot holes or character contradictions that may be present. In this stage, I can also make suggestions to help move the story forward in places where you've become stuck or don't know how to move the story forward, or simply offer an opinion on the story's direction or specific scenes. You can think of me as a writing assistant, however my writing services themselves are a separate service, as seen above.

I am willing to provide samples for larger projects if you are considering working with me. All rates are negotiable. Please share with me your budget, the scope of your project, and how you would like me to contribute.

Please respond here or by PM if you're interested in working with me or have any questions.
Thanks!

Edited: January 13, 2024 with updated information
Last edited by Khadrian on Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:44 am, edited 10 times in total.

alexei
Regular
Completed: re:shape, Monster Boys Doctor, Hearts and Hexes, The Prince's Heart, Dragon Gazer
Projects: Motifs, Longing for Change, The Sinking of the Dream Chaser, Town of the Damned, Monster Boy Wars
Organization: Funigami
itch: funigami
Discord: alexei#5190

Re: [Free/Paid] proofreading / editing

#2 Post by alexei »

Hi there,

Let me know if you're interested for this project - viewtopic.php?f=59&t=57996

Arent
Regular

Re: [Free/Paid] Native English Writing, Editing, and Proofreading Services [OPEN]

#3 Post by Arent »

Khadrian helped me by editing an entire young adult fiction/fantasy book of over 300 pages during the past few months. It is already published in German and received good reviews, which is why I wanted to translate it to English.

I want to thank him for his great work. Khadrian was quick to point out typical errors in German - English translations, could suggest fitting idioms and expressions and worked fast. He also had, luckily, a similar 'style' which is of course coincidence but nonetheless helpful.

I was in a pinch, because I had, for the translation, initially hired a 'professional' translator on another website. However, the delivered translation was full of spelling errors, obviously wrong translations and even sentences that didn't make sense at all. After that fiasco, I decided to do the translation myself. But since I am not native in English, I of course needed feedback on grammar, idioms etc.

This is in fact the second time that I found people on Lemmasoft and Deviantart - artists, editors etc. - that seem to be more talented and dedicated than those I find on 'professional' websites. Of course, it requires a bit of time and effort to search and find these artists, but usually it is well worth the result.

Keep up the good work!

Khadrian
Regular

Re: [Free/Paid] Native English Writing, Editing, and Proofreading Services [OPEN]

#4 Post by Khadrian »

I'm still available for commissions and just added a new service which you can see in my original post. I am now offering my services for projects that are still in development as a developmental editor, which is somewhere in between a co-writer and an idea bouncer. Whether you've already started writing your script or you're still in the outline phase, I can help you with everything from plot to characters. In addition to this new service, I'm still offering my writing, editing, and proofreading services, so please feel free to contact me with any questions or requests. Have a great day.

Vnigma
Regular
Projects: Origin of War
Organization: VNigma

#5 Post by Vnigma »

Hello
We are an indie studio looking for writers and proofreaders/writers for a couple of scenes, for a demo of our project.
the project is a Noir/sci-fi murder mystery investigation similar to 999 with gameplay elements, we are looking for free writers but if the demo is well recieved we will be looking into making it profitable.
for more please check: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=60309
or contact us: https://www.instagram.com/vnigma/
https://www.facebook.com/Vnigma.Studios

Khadrian
Regular

Re: [Paid] Native English Writing, Editing, and Proofreading Services [OPEN]

#6 Post by Khadrian »

Hello once again!

I have made it back to Lemmasoft, and am hoping to offer my services once again. To this end, I have edited my original post with more up-to-date information. However, because my schedule is a little tighter now, I will need to be a more selective about which projects I decide to take on. Unfortunately, this also means I will no longer be able to offer my services for free. That said, I'm still very interested to hear about whatever project it is you may be working on, so please feel free to send me a message and request a quote or sample.