Helix Felix [LGBT NSFW] looks for Help

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
briarbun
Regular
Projects: Helix Felix

Helix Felix [LGBT NSFW] looks for Help

#1 Post by briarbun »

Hello! I am the master brains behind the game Helix Felix, a self-critical neko dating sim. The romance presented is BxB, the main character is a trans neko boy, and I aim to make the player uncomfortable and spark thought and discussion. You can see my main thread for the game here:

Link:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=54951

Budget:
None. This will be a free game, and if Pay What You Want is turned on, the proceeds will go to a human trafficking charity. Therefore, these would not be paid positions. I also highly doubt this game will make it onto Steam, since it has underage characters as well as R18 content (not at the same time, but that doesn't seem to matter to Steam).

Currently:
The projects planned total is about ~75k words and 60CGs, not including endings or CG variations.

Part one currently is sitting at about
25k words/ 45k lines of code
20 CGs + variations
23 backgrounds (but this should be the total)

Roles Requested

Art Consultant or Art Director:
I am an amateur artist and while I'm proud of how far I've managed to get this project, I really do need someone with more experience to come on to the team and determine where the specific weak points in my art are and how to fix them. Weather you tell me what to fix and I follow through, or you fix my art yourself is something we can discuss. I would also like guidence on how to make the set of art feel more cohesive and not like a pile of separate pieces thrown together. I feel like I need someone with a map and compass to tell me where I need to be going.

ImageImageImage

GUI or Background Artist:
My current GUI and BG art are self made and decent, but if someone with experience and expertise in one of these would like to join the team to offer their services I would be more than grateful. Backgrounds would entail the 23 (21 individual backgrounds and 1 variation) backgrounds as well as help on several of CGs backgrounds.

ImageImage

If you want to reach out, feel free to message me here or on discord at briarmae#4617

Thanks so much!!!
Last edited by briarbun on Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

briarbun
Regular

Re: Helix Felix [LGBT NSFW] looks for Writers

#2 Post by briarbun »

Bumping for updates: Still looking for a writer to work with!

briarbun
Regular

Re: Helix Felix [LGBT NSFW] looks for Help

#3 Post by briarbun »

Bumping for updates: Still looking for help of any kind.

pugbug197

#4 Post by pugbug197 »

I am interested in helping you with the writing if you still need help

LordMuma

#5 Post by LordMuma »

I can work as a programmer.
Send me a DM either here or Discord Muma#3909

briarbun
Regular

#6 Post by briarbun »

LordMuma wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:15 pm I can work as a programmer.
Send me a DM either here or Discord Muma#3909
I've got two programmers already, so thank you for the offer but right now I think its best not to have too many cooks in the kitchen.

PruJo
Projects: Ascension: Remake, Helix Felix

#7 Post by PruJo »

Hello! Are you still looking for a writer? I would also be open to brainstorming, a little coding or Live2D work (though I can't guarantee perfection), and experience-based consultation on nonbinary and lesbian characters, as well as some other stuff related to the more sexual themes that I'm not quite comfortable sharing publically. I'm Xaneath#7451 on Discord, and I'd love to at least chat – your project sounds really cool!

briarbun
Regular

#8 Post by briarbun »

Bumping for huge updates!