[CLOSED] Looking for a GxB proofreader

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Karamelow
Veteran
Projects: Fujiwara BitterSweet
Organization: Magic Bench/Karamelow

[CLOSED] Looking for a GxB proofreader

#1 Post by Karamelow »

Hello everyone ~

I'm currently working on a GxB oriented visual novel called Fujiwara BitterSweet (a slice of life, mostly about friendship and possible romance) and my native language not being English, I'm 99% sure that the text is full of silly mistakes or awkward sentences that I didn't see at first, and I'm in need of someone to proodread it, at least for the demo that I would like to release soon.
Unfortunately, I don't have any compensation to offer and it saddens me, really...

As for the plot, the story is set in modern Japan, where you follow the tranquil life of a young girl discovering friendship and maybe love, in a new city.

Yes, the plot only takes a line of text. I think I've never saw a summary that short myself, but I litteraly can't add anything more or people might be spoiled x)
Warning though, there will be dramas at some point, like harrassment/child maltreatment or topics about mental illness, suicide and such.
Therefore, if ever you decide to work with me on that (and I'll be really glad!), please, please, apply if you feel like a simple slice of life' story in high school (with a bit of bitter taste) is your cup of tea and that you will enjoy it. I really don't want it to become a burden for you, due to the short time you'll have, at least for the demo.

Because, well, yes... Ideally I would like the proofreading of the demo being done for May 25, or May 30 max. I think it might be doable, if you really enjoy it and that you have time. Yes, I insist on the fact that I want you to enjoy what you are doing, because I know how it is stressful and annoying when working on something that you don't like. Now about the words count, I don't know exactly the lenght of it, but each route is about 45K~50K words.
In any case, here the main characters profiles and the opening movie, done by WhiteCharisma ~

You can apply by sending me a private message, and f you have any questions, samples or experience as proofreader, please don't hesitate to tell me (^ o^)/
In hope to work with you soon,

-Karamelow

P.S: The deadline for applications remains open until May 11, Paris time-zone (UTC/GMT +2 hours). I just noticed that I forgot to mention that, sorry (u___u)
Last edited by Karamelow on Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:58 am, edited 5 times in total.

Karamelow
Veteran

Re: Looking for a GxB proofreader [OPEN]

#2 Post by Karamelow »

A little bump, sorry about that! But I forgot to talk about the lenght of the project and the deadline for the applications, and was affraid people might not see it if I was just editing my post...
So for the words count, the lenght will probably be around 4K or 5K words for the demo and approx 45K words for the whole project.
As for the application deadline, the topic will remains open until May 11, Paris time-zone (UTC/GMT +2 hours) O/
Sorry again for the bump ^^"

Karamelow
Veteran

Re: [CLOSED] Looking for a GxB proofreader

#3 Post by Karamelow »

I found a proofreader, so I'm closing this thread.
Thank you again everyone, for your interest and your applications! (^ o^)/

Karamelow
Veteran

Re: [OPEN] Looking for a GxB proofreader/editor

#4 Post by Karamelow »

Bumping ~

I'm now in need of a new proofreader/editor for Ikki's route and the deadline would be, ideally, for March 20, March 25 max.
His main route + about a half of his friend route are done being edited by the previous editor, so you should normally just have to work on the other half of the friend route + his entire sweet route. The totality of his route is 50k words, but since about half of it is already done being proofreaded, you'll not have to take care of the 50K words.

The whole project itself is in beta testing phase, route by route (I'm about to be done completing scripting Toshio's route) and all the ressources (graphics, music, etc) are done as well and really, what is missing is someone to be in charge of editing Ikki's route before I can send it to the beta testers.

So if you are interested or have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a private message here on Lemmasoft O/

Also, I know it is rather obvious, but I would like people who are applying to be sure that they can handle the workload and manage to meet the deadline in time (mostly meaning that they have enough time to work on it regularly and can communicate well with me about their progress) ~

See you, I can't wait to start working with you (^ w ^)

Karamelow
Veteran

Re: [CLOSED] Looking for a GxB proofreader

#5 Post by Karamelow »

Found a proofreader, thank you for your interest (^ o^)/