Mannequin Academy [18+][BL][Omegaverse][Mystery][Drama][Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Nodus Tollens
Projects: Mannequin Academy
itch: nodus-tollens

Mannequin Academy [18+][BL][Omegaverse][Mystery][Drama][Romance]

#1 Post by Nodus Tollens »

Hello and thank you for looking :)

I'd like to introduce you to Mannequin Academy - a mystery/romance visual novel game with unique worldbuilding that I'm proudly co-developing with the main developer, Aedian Glair.

We truly hope you like it, and if we sparked your interest - kindly consider supporting our project. It would immensely help us deliver the entire game to you as soon as possible.

Thank you once again!

=====================
sashapromo3 (Custom).png
TITLE - MANNEQUIN ACADEMY
DEVELOPER - AEDIAN GLAIR
GENRE - Yaoi / BL, omegaverse, mystery, horror, drama, romance
LANGUAGE - English
GAME LINK - https://aedian-glair.itch.io/mannequin-academy

GAME INTRODUCTION
Does love exist where instinct rules the mind?
Join Aura, an orphan Omega, as he gets accepted to the mysterious Mannequin Academy and tries to become what no one believed he could - a master of his own fate.
But not everything is what it seems. An old theater, a cursed stage play, faces from the past erased by time…
Discover dark secrets that lurk underneath and make difficult choices in this unforgettable Visual Novel game that will shake you to the core.
grafikasmaller (Custom).png
STORY
In a world where one’s standing in life is determined by secondary gender, Aura Moonbell is born an Omega - the weakest link in the societal chain ruled by Alphas and Betas. After reaching maturity and having to leave the orphanage that he grew up in, there’s nowhere for him to go except a marriage house - a facility where he’d eventually get wed to a stranger and spend the rest of his life confined to a cage of a loveless household.

Just when all hope seems to be lost, Aura is being offered a scholarship in a prestigious Mannequin Academy, an institution that strives to provide the best education for promising students of all genders and backgrounds.

But the Academy is no simple school. Remodeled after serving as living quarters for actors nearly twenty years ago, it stands in the shadow of an old theater - or what’s left of it, after numerous miseries fell upon the building in the past. Miseries that, for some reason, continue until now...

Surrounded by friends but also enemies, Aura has to choose between truth and safety. Between what’s right - or at least should be right - and his primal instinct. Will he be brave enough to unveil the secrets that hide in the dark corners of the theater? Will he allow someone to help him fight his own demons and melt the ice that envelops his heart?
01 (Custom).png
02 (Custom).png
03 (Custom).png
04 (Custom).png
05 (Custom).png
07 (Custom).png
08 (Custom).png
09 (Custom).png
099 (Custom).png
game menu.png
sashapromo3 (Custom).png
Last edited by Nodus Tollens on Sun May 31, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Mannequin Academy
~ an Omegaverse drama/mystery VN ~

Nodus Tollens

Major content update and improvements (?) :)

#2 Post by Nodus Tollens »

Hello and thank you very much for your interest!
I'd like to share with you the progress on our visual novel ^^

The most recent content & features update includes:
- Over 10k words to the story
- A new character with sprites!
- Animated crowd in several locations
- Fixes in spellings and some inconsistencies
- New CGs and BGs & updated gallery
- Smooth transitions when the character changes emotion
- Animation in the main menu

P.S. A big, big thank you to everyone who visited the page and supported the project. I'm glad our work sparked your curiosity :)
Last edited by Nodus Tollens on Sun May 31, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mannequin Academy

Nodus Tollens

Re: Mannequin Academy [Visual Novel][18+][BL][Omegaverse][Mystery][Drama][Romance][Story Rich]

#3 Post by Nodus Tollens »

Hello there & as always, thank you so much for looking and your kind support ^^ It means a lot to us!

We're doing our best to ensure you can enjoy the full story ASAP, and so we've added several updates along the way.
Here's what happened since the last time:

- as many as 10500+ new words!
- a huge portion of entirely new CGs <3
- some retouched CGs featuring Noah and Twins
- entirely reworked character sprites for Julien, Sasha, and Louis
Last edited by Nodus Tollens on Sun May 31, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mannequin Academy

Nodus Tollens

Re: Mannequin Academy [Visual Novel][18+][BL][Omegaverse][Mystery][Drama][Romance][Story Rich]

#4 Post by Nodus Tollens »

Hello, thank you for your patience and support!

In this update, the character routes are about to start soon, so please make sure to start the game from the beginning. If you've already played and would like to get to the new content faster, use the 'skip' button; check the 'skip unseen text' or even 'after choices' options in preferences to make it even faster :D Careful not to skip too far ;)
Sorry for the inconvenience!

On to the summary of the update!

What's new:
- Additional 4000+ words
- New CGs
- New characters appear :O!

Changes:
- Minor text and timing fixes
Last edited by Nodus Tollens on Sun May 31, 2020 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mannequin Academy

Ertal77
Veteran
Completed: A Hand in the Darkness, Chasing the Stars, My Burning Heart, Blood and Lust, Lurkers, Jolly Roger, The Remainder, The Manor, Night and Day
Projects: Deep in the Forest and Exes Assault!!
Organization: Ertal Games
Tumblr: ertalgames
itch: ertal-games
Discord: Ertal#0394

#5 Post by Ertal77 »

Oooooh! To be honest, I'm not into Omegaverse ( mainly because it's been overdone in some slash fandoms, and it's really rare to find something original with that setting anymore), but your project looks so pretty that I'll be sure to try it and share it around. Keep up the good work!
Do you like BL games? Then join Ertal Games' Discord!

Nodus Tollens

#6 Post by Nodus Tollens »

Thanks so much for your kind words! I'm so glad (and proud! :) ) we managed to catch your attention and steer it back to more positive tracks, when it comes to enjoyment of omegaverse. At the beginning I myself wasn't much into omegaverse, precisely for the reason you mention... So, here we are with a mission to do this setting justice, and use it to create something meaningful, something more, that we simply love and can put our hearts into. We'll be honoured if you give it a try and look forward to hear your thoughts ^^

All the more, I'm happy to announce further progress on the project! :D
In this update, we're bringing to you:
- additional 2500+ words
- new emotions on existing sprites

The game is available under:
https://aedian-glair.itch.io/mannequin-academy

Enjoy & big big thank you for the support!
Last edited by Nodus Tollens on Sun May 31, 2020 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mannequin Academy

Nodus Tollens

#7 Post by Nodus Tollens »

Hello everyone! I'd like to introduce a major update in which character routes start. Every route will also have endings to unlock within itself, so there will be a lot more to discover :D

Also, this update is for adults only as it deals with possibly upsetting, sensitive themes.

The scene ahead has 6 different versions depending on your previous choices.
Good luck unlocking them all! Please enjoy :)

What's new:
- additional 8500+ words
- Laurent’s character sprite was reworked
- new CGs
- a previous scene now has a CG <3
- individual character routes

The game is available here:

Thank you so much for your support! We're looking forward to your feedback!
Please stay safe & healthy!
Mannequin Academy

Nodus Tollens

Re: Mannequin Academy [18+][BL][Omegaverse][Mystery][Drama][Romance]

#8 Post by Nodus Tollens »

Hello!
I'm happy to let you know that we've added a demo version that you can try ^^

Thank you for your support! Enjoy <3
Last edited by Nodus Tollens on Sun May 31, 2020 1:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mannequin Academy

ParrotWatcher
Regular
Completed: Unearth your Gays
Projects: Lovecraft Academy
Tumblr: parrotwatcher
itch: parrotwatcher

Re: Mannequin Academy [DEMO available][18+][BL][Omegaverse][Mystery][Drama][Romance]

#9 Post by ParrotWatcher »

Okay, so I've only played the demo so far, but this looks like a very good start (and that's coming from someone else who's not generally a fan of the omegaverse... :lol:). I do think that one of my problems with a lot of the omegaverse stuff I've seen (which isn't much, to be fair) is either just a straight story in which the women have been turned into men, or a gay story in which some of the guys can get pregnant. From what I've seen, Mannequin Academy has avoided both of those, and has created its own unique universe, based on what a realistic late Enlightenment omegaverse world might look like, and it's a very interesting (if not exactly fun for Aura). It's also nice to see at least one omega boyfriend (plus one of the twins, who I'm assuming count as a single poly route); I like the idea that we can be gay by the standards of both sets of genders. :P

One thing that does confuse me, though, are the uniforms. At first glance, it looked like there was one for each secondary gender: omegas get a corset, alphas get a waistcoat or cardigan, and betas get a jacket (unless that was just for Julien specifically as student president, I don't recall meeting any other beta students), with minor alterations either for self-customisation, or just for artistic licence, but Esha is wearing the same alpha-esque cardigan as his twin, rather than a corset like Aura and Cami. Sorry if I'm reading too much into what's essentially a minor artistic decision, but it is what stuck out to me as being weird. :lol:

Anyway, good luck with the game! :D
Please check out my BL WiP, Lovecraft Academy!

Nodus Tollens

#10 Post by Nodus Tollens »

Thank you for your kind comment, ParrotWatcher! I'm so glad to know you liked the demo:) We really appreciate that you gave it a try, despite not being a huge fan of the setting. I hope we can further convince you to find it even more enjoyable :D
Sharp eye you've got there;) a lot of things will be explained gradually, so if you decide to play on, you'll surely find out much more, about the uniforms and not only.

Also, I've got a small announcement about our most recent update.
In this one, we're continuing the routes for Nor and Noah. Cami, Julien and Laurent will be back soon :)

Enjoy the new additional 3500+ words!
Last edited by Nodus Tollens on Sun May 31, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mannequin Academy

felindamuliadi

#11 Post by felindamuliadi »

Is this going to be available on Steam? I'm fine with buying from itch.io, but if you have plans on getting this on Steam as well in the near future, I'd rather wait and buy directly there. But if you don't (I know some devs who wouldn't put their games on Steam because of... reasons...) I'll make sure to grab this on itch.io next time I go on a shopping spree (?). :)

Nodus Tollens

#12 Post by Nodus Tollens »

Hello everyone, and hello felindamuliadi ! Apologies for the delay in responding, and thank you so much for your question and interest in Mannequin Academy :)

Whether we'll release this game on Steam or not depends on the response and activity we get on itch.io. Supporting our games on itch helps us greatly with developing and finishing them because this platform is our only source of income and allows us to continue working on BL games.

Once again, thank you ^^

Aaaand, I'm happy to announce we posted another update ^^ Today, we're continuing the routes for Julien, Cami and Laurent.
Enjoy the 3000+ new words and let us know what you think. Your feedback means a world to us.

As usual, you can get the game here:

Take care and see you soon!
Mannequin Academy

ParrotWatcher
Regular
Completed: Unearth your Gays
Projects: Lovecraft Academy
Tumblr: parrotwatcher
itch: parrotwatcher

#13 Post by ParrotWatcher »

Well, I bought and played the full demo, and... that was a bit more intense than I was expecting... :shock: I guess it didn't help that I think I got the bad ending... (Is it hard to avoid this?)
And while I can't say I was thrilled to end up in a rape scene, I was glad to see that it was actually treated well. (As an aside, would it make sense to update the content warning to include rape? I know it includes "Sexual assault" and the scene fades to black before anything happens, but it's still pretty obvious what's happening.)
For the rest of the game, I did enjoy all the parts of it that weren't that. I am a little confused by Gilbert, though. The game itself seems to be presenting him as a romantic option (at least as much as it did for Laurent, if not more), but he's definitely not on the list. :? Is the reason for this another "Wait and see"? :lol:
Please check out my BL WiP, Lovecraft Academy!

felindamuliadi

#14 Post by felindamuliadi »

Thanks a lot for the response! Planning to buy this the next time I get my paycheck next month and was gonna play the demo in the meantime - but I couldn't find the demo button on itch.io? I don't know if I'm dense or what but for the life of me I couldn't download it. x_x

Nodus Tollens

#15 Post by Nodus Tollens »

Hello, thank you very much for your comments and feedback!

@ParrotWatcher, Gilbert has no route of his own, but Laurent does. All are based on the characters' personalities, their behavior, way of thinking, attitude towards others... Observe their reactions to your deeds, and try to guess what they'd be like; maybe meet them during your specialty class? Some routes are more straightforward (apparently, Noah's is the easiest one), the others not so much, but they'll surely trigger after some trial end error :) Good luck unlocking them!

@Felindamuliadi, the demo was a limited time campaign, so the button isn't there anymore. Sorry for the confusion!
Mannequin Academy