Character position and rollback [SOLVED]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
noi3asyh
Projects: 4th

Character position and rollback [SOLVED]

#1 Post by noi3asyh »

Hello!
I want to show my characters in different positions on the screen except for centre, left and right. For example in the centre but a little to the right, not in the far right. How can I do that?

Another thing I want help with is rollback. I want to change the default of rollback, so when I roll the mouse wheel it shows the history, instead of going back to the previous dialogue. Is that possible? Or is there another way to do that?
Last edited by noi3asyh on Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaydohMaydoh
Regular
Projects: Fuwa Fuwa Panic
Tumblr: maydohmaydoh

Re: Character position and rollback

#2 Post by MaydohMaydoh »

noi3asyh wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:04 am Hello!
I want to show my characters in different positions on the screen except for centre, left and right. For example in the centre but a little to the right, not in the far right. How can I do that?
You can hit it with a transform.
viewtopic.php?t=24463#p302569
Another thing I want help with is rollback. I want to change the default of rollback, so when I roll the mouse wheel it shows the history, instead of going back to the previous dialogue. Is that possible? Or is there another way to do that?
For that, I put

Code: Select all

key 'rollback' action ShowMenu('history')
in the say screen.

noi3asyh

#3 Post by noi3asyh »

Thanks for the reply. The rollback is okay now. But I'm having a little problem with the character position.
If I put only "xalign" without "yalign" it shows the character at the top of the screen. If I put the "yalign" with a value of 1 it still shows it at the top. But If the value is close to 1, but not 1, it works okay showing the character at the bottom. So, for example with "yalign 1.000000000001" it works okay and it shows the character at the bottom of the screen. Am I doing something wrong or am I forgetting something?

MaydohMaydoh
Regular
Projects: Fuwa Fuwa Panic
Tumblr: maydohmaydoh

#4 Post by MaydohMaydoh »

Only thing I can think of is if you're writing it as "yalign 1" instead of "yalign 1.0"

Code: Select all

show person:
	xalign 0.7 yalign 1.0

noi3asyh

#5 Post by noi3asyh »

Yes, that was it. Thank you very much!