Looking for programmer or artists to help make visual novels (Gravity falls and Star vs Evil)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Aspiringarmstron

Looking for programmer or artists to help make visual novels (Gravity falls and Star vs Evil)

#1 Post by Aspiringarmstron »

So, I have a backlog of fanfiction I've written. I want to move forward with learning RenPy for future original works, but I am looking for some fun projects to learn on. I don't plan on trying to sell or make money from them, I just want to see my stories in a visual format.

The two projects I want to work on is based on Star Vs Evil and Gravity Falls, both have ended their broadcast.

The stories have been a sort of pet project of mine, and with the extra time, I have on hand, finding some people to work with sounds like fun!

https://www.fanfiction.net/~aspiringarmstrong

I'd like to make most/if not all of my stories into VN's at some point.

The Gravity Falls: Re:Boot series is probably 100k words and Star vs Evil runs about 75'ish.

The final game would be released for free, but with people's info and links to help promote whatever they're doing as well. I also plan on recording the chapters and loading them on my youtube channel (a great way to add views to your own as well!)

Let me know if you have any questions or comments! I look forward to hearing from you!

Aspiringarmstron

Re: Looking for programmer or artists to help make visual novels (Gravity falls and Star vs Evil)

#2 Post by Aspiringarmstron »

Umm, after posting, I thought of a few things you might ask.

I have RenPy and have used it a little, but it's still a bit of a beast for me. I can learn programs, but it takes me a while, and it's easier for me to learn by having someone to ask or watch. Lectures don't do it for me.

I've worked on various paid projects for visual novel writing. I have published a few books, and I have grown up reading Choose Your Own Adventures, I love the branching pathways Visual Novel games can take, and I have so many ideas for them.

This project won't be a branching novel, just straight through. Some of the subject matter with Gravity Falls can be quite dark and unsettling. So, fair warning.