Sina's Art from 0 Thread - [critiques/red lines Please!]

Art threads specific to a single artist.
SinaAzad
Veteran
IRC Nick: SinaAzad
Deviantart: sinaazad
Soundcloud: Sina_Azad

Re: Sina's Thread - [critiques needed]

#91 Post by SinaAzad »

Oh well, here we go something not so clean, started drawing it on 50th anniversary of apollo 11.
Attachments
Illustration8- 2 finale.png
Last edited by SinaAzad on Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am very proud to be a part of this generous, nice and friendly community!
but please, don't go around telling people that their work is somehow off! thats not how critique works!
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

SinaAzad
Veteran

#92 Post by SinaAzad »

I Don't think I can finish any other drawings till the end of Aug, but anyways this is the latest one!
Attachments
Illustr - 10.jpg
but please, don't go around telling people that their work is somehow off! thats not how critique works!
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#93 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

That last art is so cute! Somehow your style reminds me of the artist who made Story of Seasons character arts (Igusa Matsuyama)
I can't wait to see how your art will grow in the future. I can't give any critiques at the moment because I can't think of any? Perhaps just some advice to try new things on the colouring, line or dynamic poses. maybe it can help to improve your current art!

SinaAzad
Veteran

#94 Post by SinaAzad »

hey! thanks for the feedback and sorry for the late reply!
I have been struggling with dynamic poses for a while now, I think I'm starting to kinda understand it now tho but not yet confident in what im doing.
well hopefully I can try out new things!
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

SinaAzad
Veteran

#95 Post by SinaAzad »

So I did actually draw something a bit dynamic for once! it is WIP tho!
Attachments
Illustration11.jpg
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

SinaAzad
Veteran

#96 Post by SinaAzad »

I'm kinda happy with how it turned out!
Attachments
Illustration11H.png
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

SinaAzad
Veteran

#97 Post by SinaAzad »

A small update here.
Attachments
Illustration18.jpg
Illustration19.jpg
Illustration17.jpg
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

Phiphi
Tumblr: Phiphi Au Thon
Deviantart: PhiphiAuThon

#98 Post by Phiphi »

Hey SinaAzad. I saw that you wanted some critiques, but do you want to have some specific insights? Like if there's something in particular you want to improve at the moment? I think it will make easier to give you advice.
Need a character artist to help you in your project?
Please check my website to take a look at my work and for contact!

https://phiphiauthon.com/

SinaAzad
Veteran

#99 Post by SinaAzad »

Phiphi wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:47 am Hey SinaAzad. I saw that you wanted some critiques, but do you want to have some specific insights? Like if there's something in particular you want to improve at the moment? I think it will make easier to give you advice.
hey, well, at the moment there are 3 things that I'd like to focus on fixing, one is to draw more efficiently, cleaner line art *this has been a problem for years now... and finally drawing less stiffly If there are points that you can mention to help me with these I would be more than happy to listen! but I'm also open to whatever you think would help me improve my works! and I dont mind Getting redlines on my drawings!
Attachments
just a sketch!
just a sketch!
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

Phiphi
Tumblr: Phiphi Au Thon
Deviantart: PhiphiAuThon

#100 Post by Phiphi »

It's a little bit hard to know what to improve to draw more efficiently since it's based on your process and I can't get this piece of information just with pictures, I would need a timelapse video or step by step process picture at least.

But there's a saying I like a lot from the book "The Art of Learning" by Josh Waitzkin that was something like "If you want to do something fast, you have to know how to do it slowly first."
So at least it can give you more clarity on what you could do faster already, and for the things where you take time, it may be just because it's something you don't do often (like a new pose, different angles,...). And so you don't have to pressure yourself to do them slowly. Just take the time to understand what's going on, so you can handle that more easily one future drawings.

Also something that I'm working on personaly is to visualize what you're going to draw. I always throw lines too fast and don't give enough time to just plan and picture how it should look like. Maybe you have this issue too?

For clean lineart, there are exercices on drawabox.com that help a lot for pen control and smooth lines (basically check the lesson 0 and 1 of part 1). Those are not super funny to do, but they are the most effective I've ever done in my entire life. There's no match. After 1-2 weeks of daily exercices, you can see the results (a bit more if you don't have time to do it everyday). It's worth giving a shot at least.

I don't see major issues on your last sketch besides her right ear being higher than the left one.
Need a character artist to help you in your project?
Please check my website to take a look at my work and for contact!

https://phiphiauthon.com/

SinaAzad
Veteran

#101 Post by SinaAzad »

Phiphi wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:40 am It's a little bit hard to know what to improve to draw more efficiently since it's based on your process and I can't get this piece of information just with pictures, I would need a timelapse video or step by step process picture at least.

But there's a saying I like a lot from the book "The Art of Learning" by Josh Waitzkin that was something like "If you want to do something fast, you have to know how to do it slowly first."
So at least it can give you more clarity on what you could do faster already, and for the things where you take time, it may be just because it's something you don't do often (like a new pose, different angles,...). And so you don't have to pressure yourself to do them slowly. Just take the time to understand what's going on, so you can handle that more easily one future drawings.

Also something that I'm working on personaly is to visualize what you're going to draw. I always throw lines too fast and don't give enough time to just plan and picture how it should look like. Maybe you have this issue too?

For clean lineart, there are exercices on drawabox.com that help a lot for pen control and smooth lines (basically check the lesson 0 and 1 of part 1). Those are not super funny to do, but they are the most effective I've ever done in my entire life. There's no match. After 1-2 weeks of daily exercices, you can see the results (a bit more if you don't have time to do it everyday). It's worth giving a shot at least.

I don't see major issues on your last sketch besides her right ear being higher than the left one.
thanks for taking the time to write!
I can always provide the CSP or PSD file with all the layers witch would show the process, not the best way but hey, it is better than the jpeg file for sure :p

I may have the same issue as you, or maybe in a different way, I Usually draw something then decide that I should add something extra and yup the whole thing is a mess now!
I will check the exercises thanks for suggesting them! and one last thing I just dropped that sketch in, not aiming for a critique bu was trying to not spam the topic with more than one post haha thanks again!
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

SinaAzad
Veteran

#102 Post by SinaAzad »

I have done some sketch in previous month, but for now, I'm gonna share my latest work...
Attachments
Illustration26.jpg
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

SinaAzad
Veteran

#103 Post by SinaAzad »

my recent drawing! I'm kinda happy with it, and once again completely open to critique!
Attachments
Illustration26 (3).jpg
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#104 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

SinaAzad wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:28 am I'm kinda happy with how it turned out!
I like it! I know how hard it is to draw dynamic poses if we're not used to it, I'm still struggling too.

For advice, I noticed the way you pick the color for shading is mostly just in one color, you should try playing with the hue for the shading/use other colors, you can also add tint(?)/tone/lighting with warm/cool colors so it'll add more depth to the drawing.
Also, try to avoid using pure white to emphasize the lighting/shading, sometimes it can work and looks good, but I tend to see coloring turns too harsh because of it, and more if the background is not white--- (you can use really light blue, purple-cool/yellow, orange,-warm, it depends on the overall picture, play with the opacity as well to adjust the lighting)

Here's a quick attempt to explain what I mean: (the lighting is probably wrong though, but basically it's like this)
test.png
also check this out: https://www.instagram.com/p/BGZnq9XmMim/

All of this just my suggestion though, because personally I prefer to add different colors etc. hopefully, this helps!

SinaAzad
Veteran

#105 Post by SinaAzad »

YuukiCrossPudding wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:04 am
SinaAzad wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:28 am I'm kinda happy with how it turned out!
I like it! I know how hard it is to draw dynamic poses if we're not used to it, I'm still struggling too.

For advice, I noticed the way you pick the color for shading is mostly just in one color, you should try playing with the hue for the shading/use other colors, you can also add tint(?)/tone/lighting with warm/cool colors so it'll add more depth to the drawing.
Also, try to avoid using pure white to emphasize the lighting/shading, sometimes it can work and looks good, but I tend to see coloring turns too harsh because of it, and more if the background is not white--- (you can use really light blue, purple-cool/yellow, orange,-warm, it depends on the overall picture, play with the opacity as well to adjust the lighting)

Here's a quick attempt to explain what I mean: (the lighting is probably wrong though, but basically it's like this)
test.png

also check this out: https://www.instagram.com/p/BGZnq9XmMim/

All of this just my suggestion though, because personally I prefer to add different colors etc. hopefully, this helps!
damn, this is one hell of a constructive critique, thanks a bunch, will try to keep it in mind and use it in future works! I really appreciate the time you have put on this!
I've been trying to do what you mentioned but I think I lack the knowledge of what colour to use and when/where to use it!
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings: