[PAID][CLOSED] Looking for Ren'Py programmer to help me out on small project

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Kinmoku
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: One Night Stand
Projects: VIDEOVERSE
Tumblr: gamesbykinmoku
itch: kinmoku

[PAID][CLOSED] Looking for Ren'Py programmer to help me out on small project

#1 Post by Kinmoku »

Hi all,

I'm working on a small project right now which I hope to finish in a month or so. I plan on selling it on Steam and itch.io once it's done, and I'm hoping it will be about 30-60 minutes play time.

A little about me:
I'm a full-time indie developer who made the game One Night Stand, which is on Steam, itch.io, Switch, Xbox One and PS4. I am an artist and animator first, programmer second, and musician third. I try to do everything myself for budget reasons, though I have hired help for sound effects and translations before.

I learnt Ren'Py myself and have done the best I can, but since this project is using chat logs and tells most of its story using screens, I am having a lot of difficulty going about it, so I'm looking for a programmer who will be able to get my code up and running.

The job:
To give an idea of what's involved, please check my recent posts:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=58992&p=529677#p529677
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=59030
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=59029
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=59028

As you can see, there are quite a few different issues going on here, and whilst Lemmasoft has been great trying to help me, I don't think I can get my head around all these hurdles.

Since I can program a little myself, I just want someone to get the chat log and screens working. I expect a lot of my code could do with being improved too, but for coding the whole game, story and animations, I will do that myself. However, there is a chance I will ask you for more work so I can add other features further down the line. I will need to decide on these near the end of development:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=58920
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=58678

Conditions:
I prefer to work with NDAs, so I will ask you to sign one.
Ideally, I would like help on this ASAP, but I have a lot of artwork and story to polish so I can be patient.
You will be paid and fully credited (if you want).

Pay:
Please send me an estimated quote for the above. I understand this may change once you've seen my code, so you can send me a revised quote after that if required.
I can pay you via international bank transfer, Transferwise or Paypal - Just send me an invoice.

------------------

If you have any questions, please ask or message me. If you'd prefer to email, it's contact@gamesbykinmoku.com