Steam Achievements [Fixed]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Westeford
Regular
Completed: 12 Hours to Die
Projects: Project Premonition
itch: westeford

Steam Achievements [Fixed]

#1 Post by Westeford »

[Figured it out]

So I finished getting everything set up to publish my game, 12HOURS, to Steam. The only things left are the Steam Achievements.
I got the Ren'Py Steam Libraries from Ren'Py Tom.
I set the achievements up in Steamworks, then using the names I gave them in Steamworks I wrote the following bits of code.

script.rpy

Code: Select all

init python:
    achievement.register("Achiev_Name") 
    achievement.Sync()
Wherever the achievements are granted to the player, such as when they begin the story in chapter1.rpy

Code: Select all

$ achievement.grant("Achiev_Name")
    $ achievement.Sync()
I've published the game and Steamworks says everything is complete except for the steam achievements.
store_pres.png
I guess what I'm wondering is if this is normal or am I missing something?

I've been using this forum post for reference.
viewtopic.php?t=45850

I haven't seen any posts mention this specific issue. Do I need to use the code shown in this post?
https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/feat ... /ach_guide
None of the posts I've found mentioned this code either.

I really don't want to miss any details. So if there's anything I might've missed or messed up on, please let me know.
Thank you for your time.